I'M OFF

Really off
Jul 12, 2007
On the deck
Name
Tommy
Boat
Hey guys,
As some may know, I just moved here from San Diego. I sold my boats and have been cruising around here looking and talking to guys. I'm used to fishing a lot since we have great weather in San Diego, and my boat was in a slip. So I've been jonesing to go out fishing. Well Ron on the board here ask me to go with him. So we went yesterday 28th out on kaneohe side.
We left harbor at about 5:30 or 6, and cruised on out On the way saw some birds pooling up and so put in the trollers. Once at the bouy we changed gears and dropped down in size and started to get some aku. Ones and twos pretty constant. good fun. Then mid morning the shibi started to play, and we were getting doubles, and ones,twos for the rest of the day. We ended losing about five bigger fish cause we were on light gear, but we had plenty in the box. 14 Shibi, 23 aku.
MAHALO Ron, for taking me out, and I hope to do it again soon. Thanks for reading my first fish report for Hawaii side. If you ever
IMG_5888.JPG
IMG_5947.JPG
need a extra guy please let me know. Here are a couple pics
Tommy

Last edited:

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Tommy,
Hats off to Ron in providing you a temporary fix. Good goin' on an action packed day.
Cheers
Pat

Reactions: I'M OFF

shfish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 14, 2012
Palolo
Name
Spencer
Boat
Ohana H, 30' Knife
Hey guys,
As some may know, I just moved here from San Diego. I sold my boats and have been cruising around here looking and talking to guys. I'm used to fishing a lot since we have great weather in San Diego, and my boat was in a slip. So I've been jonesing to go out fishing. Well Ron on the board here ask me to go with him. So we went yesterday 28th out on kaneohe side.
We left harbor at about 5:30 or 6, and cruised on out On the way saw some birds pooling up and so put in the trollers. Once at the bouy we changed gears and dropped down in size and started to get some aku. Ones and twos pretty constant. good fun. Then mid morning the shibi started to play, and we were getting doubles, and ones,twos for the rest of the day. We ended losing about five bigger fish cause we were on light gear, but we had plenty in the box. 14 Shibi, 23 aku.
MAHALO Ron, for taking me out, and I hope to do it again soon. Thanks for reading my first fish report for Hawaii side. If you ever View attachment 772589 View attachment 772593 need a extra guy please let me know. Here are a couple pics
Tommy
Good Going Captain Tommy,

very nice load!!!!

jkvshooter

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 14, 2009
Oahu
Name
justin
Boat
Fiber Form
Plenty of good eats! Plenty of Aloha on this board!

No need for 80's

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 6, 2015
Name
John Johnson
Boat
32' regulator
Does anyone catch and release out here?? Seriously thats just not right man

Cloulyday

Jun 12, 2014
Name
Fisherman
Boat
Power Boat
My favorite two reels on my boat are the Hooker electric Shimano 80. They can pull in a 100+ pound ahi while you watch. That being said, it only takes a few short years for rat to get over 100 pounds. Take what you need to eat, give away or use for bait and let the rest grow up to be your next big catch.

Aku don't count.

Hij

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2011
Mililani HI
Name
Jason Hijirida
Boat
25 Force, PAIGE H
Nice catch!! Kaneohe water is rough!! But catching fish makes it all worth it!! Congrats to you can Captain Ron!

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
Nice...............

You guy's can't go wrong by inviting Tommy, good dude and fun to hang out with.

Oh and he has soft hands too......:D