kojo94526

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 7, 2011
CA
Name
David
Boat
Formula 233
Progress is the important thing even if it comes slower and with a bigger price tag than expected.

IMO you picked one of relatively few hulls that are worth the kind of effort your putting in. It will be awesome when your done.

Progress is the important thing even if it comes slower and with a bigger price tag than expected.

IMO you picked one of relatively few hulls that are worth the kind of effort your putting in. It will be awesome when your done.

Yes, agree on the progress, slow but worth it and actually coming in possibly under budget.
Agree also about hull, it is a classic hull hat has a long history. Actually I was very lucky to find it on the west coast, not many of the open center console boats around.
Looking forward to getting it done.

kojo94526

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 7, 2011
CA
Name
David
Boat
Formula 233
Great job on the boat!
Really like the way your deck came out.
Did you build the bracket yourself?

Thanks Charles, yeah the deck came out really nice, and it's super strong. It's getting a coat of paint and non skid this week, I'll post pics later this week.

The bracket I bought used, a Stainless Marine 30", stripped off the old paint and had it powder coated. I decided after researching not to go with a floatation bracket as these boats seem to sit high in the water after the conversation to a bracket and outboard.

Precision28

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 23, 2014
Morrinsville, New Zealand
Name
Rowan
Boat
Precision 28
It's been a while, honestly thought this would go together much faster than it has but I guess sometimes reality finds a way to slap you in the face. Over the winter didn't get much done but got it to this stage, hopefully the end is near. All that's really left is finish the rigging, paint the deck and interior sides and lots of finishing work.

Hope to get in the water before end of summer, that's the plan anyway. Here a few pics of where the project is now.

Real nice work David its looking great, an old boat builder mate told when I did my last project try and do something on your boat every day if you can even if its only half an hour, I've never forgotten it, got me off the couch many times, keep up the great work looking forward to seeing it finished.

Reactions: Tranquility

Precision28

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 23, 2014
Morrinsville, New Zealand
Name
Rowan
Boat
Precision 28
Real nice work David its looking great, an old boat builder mate told me when I did my last project try and do something on your boat every day if you can even if its only half an hour, I've never forgotten it, got me off the couch many times, keep up the great work looking forward to seeing it finished.

kojo94526

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 7, 2011
CA
Name
David
Boat
Formula 233
Real nice work David its looking great, an old boat builder mate told me when I did my last project try and do something on your boat every day if you can even if its only half an hour, I've never forgotten it, got me off the couch many times, keep up the great work looking forward to seeing it finished.

Thanks, most of the hard work is behind the project now so it's easier to spend time on it in smaller blocks but still sometimes it takes a little effort to get motivated.
Should of had a few build parties with friends over to help... Maybe on the next project :-)

kojo94526

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 7, 2011
CA
Name
David
Boat
Formula 233
Finally looking like something. Got some gelcoat on the deck, next is wet sand the hull, and fit the hatches in and finish the motor rigging.

Going to be adding a T-top later this week, will need some custom touches to fit but think it'll look bad ass.

IMGP0001.JPG

IMGP0002.JPG

IMGP0003.JPG

BiggestT

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Got the fuel tank in and fitted, worked out great, finished the stringers and most of the transom, going to fab a shelf off of the transom to accommodate trim tab pump and oil tank for motor and who knows what else. Also tie the inside transom to the bilge area, still trying to figure that out but have a cple of ideas. Got a little foam in, that stuff is a pita…

View attachment 510140

View attachment 510141

View attachment 510142
Ok, stupid question, but how do you determine the height of the deck framing? Did you scribe mark the level of the old deck and if so, how did you maintain that when grinding away glass?

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Got the fuel tank in and fitted, worked out great, finished the stringers and most of the transom, going to fab a shelf off of the transom to accommodate trim tab pump and oil tank for motor and who knows what else. Also tie the inside transom to the bilge area, still trying to figure that out but have a cple of ideas. Got a little foam in, that stuff is a pita…

View attachment 510140

View attachment 510141

View attachment 510142
Those stringers look like they're glue lam?

Deck will be bonded to the stringers and not a separate support grid?

Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
Sep 16, 2019
United States
Name
Bud
Boat
Formula 233
You do nice work. I’m a Formula fan too, currently rebuilding my second 233. No other hull quite like them. They got it right the first time. It’s always fun to ease on past the bigger boys in heavy seas in a boat half their size, looking completely relaxed. There’s some strange looks from passing flybridges as they try to figure out what they’re looking at😁
Please post some performance numbers on your motor and hull when you can, it’s always interesting to see what numbers different combinations of hull and motor produce.

Dragon

May 24, 2006
SLO Co.
Name
Paul
Boat
22' Pro Sport CC / 20' Skipjack Open
Lookin Good!!! I like the Red way better...I didn't know these hulls where in demand? I will have to check out Hull Truth...Keep the picks coming...

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
looking good....

Mr. C

She-N-I
May 10, 2008
Riverside, CA, USA
Name
Randy
Boat
24, Trophy, She, N I
I redid did a 78 223 cuddy 20 years ago from the stringers up ran the boat for 12years all offshore awesome boat handles big water very well I sure miss boat the Mr c i have a whaler now rides like shit

Reactions: Pacific Jigger