Not a good week for me

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Passing of a beloved pet is always hard. Give your cat a raw salmon filet, sit down with it and drink a beer.

Sorry buddy.

Reactions: sealskinner
Upvote 0

Soulakala

Almost A Member
Oct 23, 2019
Ocean Park, Wa
Name
Chuck
Boat
Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
We all go through this and morn their loss and like my wife and I we swore the last dog a boxer mix would be our last dog as the grief of losing a pet is so tough. Yet after 4 years we ended up looking on line of the pets posted there at the shelter listing. Here was this photo of a mini pin with big brown eyes looking straight at us. Wife said lets get in the car and go. I told her its Sunday they are not open. Monday morning we were there an hour before it opened. That little guy eventually came home with us and although he didn't replace out last dog he made his own nitch in our hearts. He's a handful and has attitude, but knows we will give him the best home he has ever had, spoiled rotten, and loves the boat and fishing. Even had his DNA checked and found he is a true blooded mini pin called a Cinnamon which is larger of the breed. So just consider yourself lucky to share time with these four legged buddies.

Upvote 0

HighWildFree

Feb 16, 2018
OC
Name
Erik
Boat
Spaghetti Madness
Sorry op, little dogs really wiggle their way into your heart. I miss my little biter all the time. One day I’ll have the heart for another pup.

Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
I was caught off guard at how much it hurt when I lost my dog. Had her for 16 years. It's tough. My father has lost more than one dog and I always got him another one sooner rather than later and you do find that similar joy...

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
Oh so so sorry I feel your pain , March 10 ,21 will be a year anniversary of my best friend Passing... I still look for him sometimes... gosh I miss my dog... Odie...

Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    Hang in there old buddy sorry for the loss , keep your chin up. All the best...

Upvote 0

Johnlgarrison

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Jul 27, 2009
    Temecula CA USA!
    www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
    Name
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat
    Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
    I lost my boy Rebel four years ago and it broke my heart. I read this a few months ago and it really hit home. They say each time we lose a dog it takes a piece of your heart. With each new dog they replace that missing piece. If you live long enough eventually your heart is all dog and you understand unconditional love. My boy Blaze has done a fantastic job of healing my broken heart. He knows he is here to do that job. I hope you find a dog just like Blaze very soon. All the best.

C0DA9A3B-3487-4DE3-99CC-C34CC4FDD5CE.jpeg

Upvote 0

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    Sorry to hear.
    We got our first family dog just over a year ago. My first.
    So much joy and now I see sadness in the loss of a pet.
    Hope we’ll have strength if he passes before us.

I guess I the great memories help
    Or at least hope that they do.

747A3920-3A32-435B-B4DD-86A9583D1171.jpeg

C7E16EF2-55A1-44AB-95C0-C03B84F113DA.jpeg

Upvote 0

ExBacklasher

Old guy
  • Oct 17, 2012
    Agoura Hills
    Name
    Chuck
    Boat
    Any one that I can hop on
    Sorry for your loss, the problem with pets is that they just don't live long enough. I came home from a five day about 4 years ago, to a room full of glum faces. My 22 month old chocolate lab puppy was diagnosed with a brain tumor while i was gone and had died the night before. I was devistated. My wife and i said we would never get another puppy, so now we rescue. I have two great lab mixes who I love dearly.

Upvote 0

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
    Dec 12, 2003
    So Cal
    Name
    Clay
    Boat
    n/a
    Rainbow-Bridge.jpg

Sorry for your loss, the problem with pets is that they just don't live long enough...
    When I worked at All Bann back in the '90's, the owner would come in on Thursdays, walk around and visit.
    We were talking dogs and he said his German Shepherd passed away.
    I asked him if he wanted to get another dog.
    Mr. Bann said no, because he was old. He didn't want the dog to go through the heartbreak of burying him.

Upvote 0

popx5

Almost A Member
    Jun 27, 2008
    7000'
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    Montauk
    Sucks to lose em. I‘m on my 5th gun dog, about to get #6 this summer.

”we measure our lives by our dogs”

hoping I have a couple more in me.

Reactions: jiggermyster
    Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    View attachment 1257330

When I worked at All Bann back in the '90's, the owner would come in on Thursdays, walk around and visit.
    We were talking dogs and he said his German Shepherd passed away.
    I asked him if he wanted to get another dog.
    Mr. Bann said no, because he was old. He didn't want the dog to go through the heartbreak of burying him.
    :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Reactions: jiggermyster
    Upvote 0