Mstonefish

Captain
Feb 6, 2003
Escondido
Name
Mark
Boat
22' Bayrunner CC 140 Suzuki 4 stroke
Awesome catch, heard you guys on the radio talking to your buddy boat on 68, wasn't sure I heard you right the first time. Glad to see another landed, this has been an awesome season and still going strong.

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
They got it off the Huntington Flats

Interesting. Wonder if it was right along the drop off? Off Kona they always troll wahoo on the 40 fathom line. At the East Cape we got them early and late in the day not far off Punta Arena and also off the south end of Cerralvo island. Not super deep water. Of course, they had to travel to get there. I assume the LR boats get them in deeper water.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
The beginning of the end is upon us....WAHOO!

Upvote 0

otterpop56

Jul 16, 2007
DP
Name
otter
Boat
Wellcraft-"Otter'n'Pop
Awesome catch, heard you guys on the radio talking to your buddy boat on 68, wasn't sure I heard you right the first time. Glad to see another landed, this has been an awesome season and still going strong.
Didn't go out with him, Stinky Finger, approached a paddy right asked permission and got yelled at for it, BS. nice day overall, dinner was good to.

Reactions: avhljh
Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Now I be seen everything. Any chance on giving up the area you got that. I heard 181???

Upvote 0

otterpop56

Jul 16, 2007
DP
Name
otter
Boat
Wellcraft-"Otter'n'Pop
It was close to home, Followed the fleet out. Put the jigs out inside of them and got lucky. Have fun this weekend.

Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0

lamnidae

Aug 25, 2008
Escondido
Name
Chris
Boat
anything I can fish from
The bloody "freshly gaffed" photo with the DAC photo are great. Congratulations on the catch.
Seems like the Rapala is the S.Cal wahoo killer. I wonder how many lost Rapalas this year were due to wahoo? Probably a few.

Upvote 0

otterpop56

Jul 16, 2007
DP
Name
otter
Boat
Wellcraft-"Otter'n'Pop
The bloody "freshly gaffed" photo with the DAC photo are great. Congratulations on the catch.
Seems like the Rapala is the S.Cal wahoo killer. I wonder how many lost Rapalas this year were due to wahoo? Probably a few.
Heres one more. Me and My Dad, He had a flying fish in his belly for what its worth.

image4.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Evan Feely
Upvote 0

Rimack

Old School
  • Jun 24, 2011
    Elk Grove
    Name
    gary
    Boat
    WORKING ON IT.