North Shore 3-28-11

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by JROLAND, Mar 30, 2011.

1. JROLAND

JROLAND "Wings of Lightning"

Name:
    JOE ROLAND
    Boat:
    "007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
    We left Haleiwa at 0600 and headed to the cages to catch some bait. No luck with the opelu (still a rookie when it comes to catching these buggars), we could see them deep on the finder but no takers. The weather was sporty offshore but the boys wanted to put in some time on the water so we stayed inside up and down to Keana Pt. 5 minutes later we have a team of Ono smack a 7" Bllyhoo chugger combo (only problem teammate #2 takes a smack at my swivel a cuts his buddy off with lure still attached). Get to the point not many birds and the sea is up but manage to pickup a nice Mahi in the blind (rusty on the gaff, took 3 shots and finally put it through his eye). Trolled out to the CO no love, not much life around so we turned back and headed back to Haleiwa. Picked another nice cow up on the point, she hit a 2lb trolling weighted 9" Ono lure like a frieght train. (Better gaff shot) but she still managed to kick open the lid ( slid 3/4 down the transom before Calvin snatched her back with a towel and some quick moves. Had a peanut hit a Purple /Pink Long Range Jr., so small it didnt pull the line out of the clip (just got the snot beat out of it was dragged along the surface for awhile). Great day, a little snotty but worth the effort, saw quite a few whales still hanging around. Sorry no pics, had my hands full (really I just left the camera at home). Hope to be fishing again Sunday. Stay safe and Tight Lines

v/r Joe

2. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    sounds like a great day on the pond, congrats on breaking in the new ride!!!!

3. JROLAND

JROLAND "Wings of Lightning"

Name:
    JOE ROLAND
    Boat:
    "007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
    Mike,
    Nice to hear from you, hows it going back in CONUS?

4. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    i'm suckin here, infantry dudes don't belong in FLW, the weather hurts my body and the ortho wants to put some space shuttle parts in my spine. hopefully they can put humpty dumpty back together again and send me back to the island. on a good note tho, my ocean pointe pad is covering itself as far as the mortgage goes, now if they would just hurry up with the new marina.

5. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Those opelu will make even the expert look like a rookie at times. Thats just the way they are, might have been a pile of nitetime opes under you mixed in with sardines. Nice going though on your catch. Deliman

6. patfishhi

patfishhi Registered User

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
    Joe and Da Boyz,
    Good way to break in the boat, both with blood on the deck and spray covering her top side; as I am sure it was a little sporty. Next time don't forget the camera. See ya up at the point one of these days.

Pat

7. Pupule

Pupule Member

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    22 ft Islander
    Nice catch, and nice boat! Good going, Joe.

8. captdon1

captdon1 Newbie

Name:
    don
    Boat:
    33' kamicraft "KIMI ANN"
    joe good going on your catch! seems like you and the crew had a fun filled day, good luck on sunday <-- will be waiting for the catch report.

aloha captdon