wxdunn

Oct 11, 2009
Mobile, AL
www.thefishingweatherman.com
Name
Chris
Boat
none
I'm paying extra special attention to the eventual path of this one...I have a 5-day trip on the SOA leaving Sunday! I'll post a link to my weekly video weather update, which will have a lot of stuff regarding Norbert, late Wednesday night. However, when dealing with the forecast track of a tropical system, there is certainly nothing that is a "given" except where the storm is right now. The average NHC position forecast error is 200 miles 5 days out! That's actually a lot better than it used to be...

Upvote 0

wxdunn

Oct 11, 2009
Mobile, AL
Name
Chris
Boat
none
It was forecast to become a hurricane...and now it is!

Norbert.gif

Upvote 0

wxdunn

Oct 11, 2009
Mobile, AL
Name
Chris
Boat
none
Here is the link to my video forecast: http://www.thefishingweatherman.com/index.php/videos/37-weekly-video-update Couldn't get the audio to work this week (it always seems to be something) but the data shows some possibilities. The rocks and Mag Bay areas will no be fishable through the weekend, but once this thing clears out, the wind will settle down nicely. It's just figuring out exactly where it's going and how long it will linger! Sometimes there are no clear cut answers when everyone wants them...

Reactions: Johnlgarrison
Upvote 0

twotrack

habitual scopolamine abuser
Dec 14, 2011
San Clemente
Name
Scott
Boat
Sin Barco
Ah man, that no-audio is killing me. Quickly, you have three paths marked: the first shows it coming in at roughly Ensenada, one coming in at roughly Eugenia, and a third (which you've x-ed out) showing it heading WNW, out to sea. Are you saying that modeling shows this thing riding the beach north and making landfall in Baja Norte, NOT following the Marie path WNW? Thanks in advance, have a road trip scheduled. Will of course check NOAA, but like your take.

Upvote 0

wxdunn

Oct 11, 2009
Mobile, AL
Name
Chris
Boat
none
That's right...the path x-ed out was intended to show that is not a likely track. Even though the potential "paths" are shown, by the time it would get up to the latitude of Ensenada, it's just a remnant low as it continues to weaken in the cooler water. It's warm water from out perspective, but not for a tropical cyclone. At this point (Thursday evening), a number of the models show it dissipating in an area near Guadalupe Island on Monday into Tuesday. That would be a much better outcome for those of us taking trips south this coming weekend/week. I have attached a close up of the official NHC forecast track as of Thursday night. The last two positions show a post-tropical remnant low for Monday and Tuesday 5pm.
Capture.JPG

Upvote 0

vegasandre

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
This Storm isn't looking too well for the trips leaving this weekend/early next week. Now its a category 3- winds 120 and its looking to block Cedros and points south based on current track.
Good Luck to everyone.

norbert.gif

Upvote 0

Bottom Line

Village idiot
Jul 9, 2006
Warner Springs
Name
Steve
Boat
Invader CC - Bottom Line
Definitely not looking good for Bahia Asuncion, La Bocana & up to Cedros. I imagine it is raging at Mag Bay right now.

10615514_10203669213749957_3079571791974099379_n.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Looked at the Excel report they left Wed….. looks like they are stuck fishing the waters north of Cedros for their 8 day trip…..

Upvote 0

CMY SIX

ASSHOLE #2
Feb 5, 2011
Opelika Al USA
Name
quinn
Boat
exel last, next?
I think they are all staying close to home.

not so much "staying close to home" just no sense driving into a hurricane. stay on the outside and I would guess a run for the rocks, if it blows out soon enuff, someone's got to take a look with longer trips coming up/ Where did the PS get all those wahoo anyway?

Upvote 0

snordo

Almost A Member
Sep 21, 2005
Torrance
Name
Gregg
Boat
Indy
Mr. Dunn is leaving today on the Spirit of Adventure on a 5 day according to a report from Thursday from Phil Freidman. No reports for the next few days. I leave on the Indy next Saturday so it will be interesting to see if we go to the Rocks or not. Water will have settled by then and no traffic...could be good?!

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Hope you get 'em, Gregg! I've seen some quality Yellowfin in the report from Red Rooster III.
Out to the West and a handful of that better grade Bluefin, too. Hope for good weather.

Upvote 0

sk8ingtuna

Almost A Member
Mar 8, 2008
Lawndale, Ca
Name
Richard
Boat
not yet
From the RP Facebook page:
"Hello everyone; Reporting from the Royal Polaris, we started our morning West of Catalina Island. We see signs of Yellowfin tuna, but so far we have only landed a few Yellowfin for our efforts. We will continue our search for them, and will report later on our Web-page. So until then wish us luck. The R/p crew."

"Searching For Tuna"

That sounds close to my home :D

Upvote 0

LEGENDS

Yogi Bear
May 7, 2011
Lakeside
Name
Sam
Boat
None
Leaving on the 13th for a 7 day, hope we head south and get a hoo or two or lots...

Upvote 0

dwheeler

Oct 24, 2008
Acampo,CA
Name
Dan wheeler
Boat
hewscraft
Hey Chris fished with you last year on the SOA. We leave the trip after you. You should have came with us again. Good Luck out there. The spirit will be safe

Upvote 0