I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 13, 2017
San Pedro
Name
SemperFi75
Boat
Semper Fidos
pun intended...

RIP #8 and all those who lost their lives. Didn't know until I was on the water.

Launched out of Cabrillo on Sunday afternoon. Never been out on the water after sunset so figured I would just do a solo and get my feet wet.

Started out off Point Fermin near the reef but seeing all the buoys surrounding me, I figure in the dark I would probably foul the prop, so headed inside.
IMG_3966.jpg

You guys didn't tell me there were no lights out there. rofl

IMG_4047.jpg
IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

I only have one hoop right now and got no love but it did travel 100 yards for no good reason. Seal? Still had the bait when I pulled it.

Also, had the boat ramp all to myself when I got in. That was weird.

Glad it was high tide. lol

Smooth seas and tight lines.

Hismosa

Oct 15, 2016
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
Boats n hoes
Have any weight on your hoop? You sure you had enough line out? Sounds like it may have just drifted away.

SemperFi75

Jun 13, 2017
San Pedro
Name
SemperFi75
Boat
Semper Fidos
Have any weight on your hoop? You sure you had enough line out? Sounds like it may have just drifted away.
Line was running through buoy loosely and I have an extra weight belt weight in the mesh bait pouch (I'm using the metal kind). No idea what took it. lol

Reactions: RodRage

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
Practice n perseverance pays off, Get some more gear n keep at it. Hit me up if you have questions.

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
You guys didn't tell me there were no lights out there. rofl
Heading out in the open/unprotected seas on New Moon ain't for everybody.

My favorite spot out of DP is about 5 miles away. Hooping inside the LB break wall is like day time in comparison; totally protected from rough water too.

SemperFi75

Jun 13, 2017
San Pedro
Name
SemperFi75
Boat
Semper Fidos
Heading out in the open/unprotected seas on New Moon ain't for everybody.

My favorite spot out of DP is about 5 miles away. Hooping inside the LB break wall is like day time in comparison; totally protected from rough water too.
Like being in the Yosemite back country and you feel like you are NOT alone. lol
It grows on you though, doesn't it. I'll be back.

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Like being in the Yosemite back country and you feel like you are NOT alone. lol
It grows on you though, doesn't it. I'll be back.
When your old and cautious vs young and dumb, totally manageable. Gets the heart pumping at times.

True stories.

I set up portable 24" off-road lights mounted on my rails, pointed down towards the water on my 16' aluminum skiff. One, for visibility and two, for making bait at night. First time driving back from my hoop spot, I drove right over West Rock north of SC pier. All I saw was bubbles! Cleared about 25 ft long of reef and about 3 ft deep. My girlfriend was on the bow seat looking back at me. She saw the look on my face and said, "What's wrong". I'm thinking, We almost died. "Nothing" . . . gulp.

With the same lights on and going back to the harbor, out of nowhere the larger Dolphin appeared on each side of the skiff to surf my bow. They were bright white like a ghosts, about 7 ft long, with about 10 on each side. It took about 5 seconds to understand what they were. At first, seeing the way they were moving I thought they were some kind of eels or large serpents. Nearly shit.

SemperFi75

Jun 13, 2017
San Pedro
Name
SemperFi75
Boat
Semper Fidos
When your old and cautious vs young and dumb, totally manageable. Gets the heart pumping at times.

True stories.

I set up portable 24" off-road lights mounted on my rails, pointed down towards the water on my 16' aluminum skiff. One, for visibility and two, for making bait at night. First time driving back from my hoop spot, I drove right over West Rock north of SC pier. All I saw was bubbles! Cleared about 25 ft long of reef and about 3 ft deep. My girlfriend was on the bow seat looking back at me. She saw the look on my face and said, "What's wrong". I'm thinking, We almost died. "Nothing" . . . gulp.

With the same lights on and going back to the harbor, out of nowhere the larger Dolphin appeared on each side of the skiff to surf my bow. They were bright white like a ghosts, about 7 ft long, with about 10 on each side. It took about 5 seconds to understand what they were. At first, seeing the way they were moving I thought they were some kind of eels or large serpents. Nearly shit.
Yeah, that cruising in the dark is what had me worried. 3' of water??? Sphincter clenched??? lol
Gotta love the dolphin stories. I've been in since Flipper (sorry young guys)LOL.