habitual scopolamine abuser
Dec 14, 2011
San Clemente
Name
Scott
Boat
Sin Barco
Fishing’s essential
Yep, for those whose lives depend on it for income for sure. I've been dropping down nonstop all year: Sinaloa, Jalisco, Los Cabos, shallow Baja. People as REALLY hurting with no bailouts on offer. As things loosen up, It will be great to reconnect with everyone and help as we can.

Russo

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 14, 2017
Wildomar
Name
Jon Russo
Boat
SS better luck next year
I personally just got back from Baja two days ago. Drove through at San Ysidro and the 4.5 hours south and back from San Quintin on the 1. Business as usual from what I could see. Marginally less traffic crossing, but by no long stretch of the imagination closed. No grief from US border patrol about why we were recreationally fishing, no mention of closure, nada.....

Bad news people, I have the feeling the powers that be are full of shit. I say that as a non political, non conspiracy believing person. I simply mean what you read and are told will not be reflected in what you will see with your own eyes. Take it how you you will.

_JG^2_

Mar 22, 2019
San Diego
Name
James
Boat
Wellcraft Fisherman 202 - “Dolores”
I've got a trip to Cabo in November and was planning on walking across to TIJ to fly down... anyone know if CBX is closed?

Russo

Aug 14, 2017
Wildomar
Name
Jon Russo
Boat
SS better luck next year
I've got a trip to Cabo in November and was planning on walking across to TIJ to fly down... anyone know if CBX is closed?

I highly doubt it. I can tell you driving and pedestrian crossing were open.

Reactions: _JG^2_

BeastyWill619

Jul 8, 2017
San Diego
Name
Will Jackson
Boat
Lorianne
Edit: Make that "travel ban."

Ensenada is open. I drove down from San Diego to go to San Quintin and I stopped by in Ensenada to eat and drink... I was just fishing in San Quintin this past week and drove back through our border with no problems with US Customs operating business as usual. Everything is open and business as usual. And that “non-essential” travel ban is all BS. I was just in Tijuana too (by foot) over this past weekend and crossed back by foot.

twotrack

Dec 14, 2011
San Clemente
Name
Scott
Boat
Sin Barco
Ensenada is open. I drove down from San Diego to go to San Quintin and I stopped by in Ensenada to eat and drink... I was just fishing in San Quintin this past week and drove back through our border with no problems with US Customs operating business as usual. Everything is open and business as usual. And that “non-essential” travel ban is all BS. I was just in Tijuana too (by foot) over this past weekend and crossed back by foot.
Yeah, I work from (and keep a place in) Baja. Have been down every two weeks since COVID struck, including flying from Tijuana to central Mexico on jobs.
Why it may not effect you and me, the ban makes it a nightmare for the tens of thousands living in Mexico and working legally NOB. When you crossed back, you might have noticed that the dozens of NB lanes have been reduced to a few, leading to increased wait times--up to six hours during rush hour.
While the ban is BS (meaning a pain in the ass) it's a long way from BS (meaning untrue). The fact of the matter is that both Trump and AMLO have agreed to extend the ban for another month.
For US citizens, it's a red herring--unless you get pulled over and sweated by the municipales. Examples of that have been rare but not non-existent. Some coastal towns have outright barred visitors from entering. Todos Santos and San Juanico spring to mind. Most towns are now open for (fishing) business: Ensenada, San Q, BdLA, etc.
Some more conservative BDers (letter-of-the-law types) might be interested in this latest ban extension--thus this post.

Avery Gilleland

Apr 8, 2012
Cal.USA /loreto bcs./lopez mataos b.c.s.
Name
avery gilleland
Boat
tuna can
Sport Fishing is opening everywhere as well as here in Lopez Mateos . There are a number of great captains available. The big complaint is there aren't any fisherman/tourists coming into town. Reservations being cancelled has them very nervous for the future, especially looking toward Whale Watching Season. You can get reservations for fishing, rooms and if there were tourists, more restaurants could open. There have only been a few virus cases here, which all have survived. My wife and I have been in Lopez continuously since well before the whole ordeal, and it's been life as usual. If you had plans of coming to visit, please do, the town would love to have you.

marcortez

No soy yo
Jul 15, 2007
loreto bcs mexico
Name
dale
Boat
Gregor
Sport Fishing is opening everywhere as well as here in Lopez Mateos . There are a number of great captains available. The big complaint is there aren't any fisherman/tourists coming into town. Reservations being cancelled has them very nervous for the future, especially looking toward Whale Watching Season. You can get reservations for fishing, rooms and if there were tourists, more restaurants could open. There have only been a few virus cases here, which all have survived. My wife and I have been in Lopez continuously since well before the whole ordeal, and it's been life as usual. If you had plans of coming to visit, please do, the town would love to have you.
Can non local boats with a gringo owner/captain use the ramp and fish the inside?...

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats

twotrack

Dec 14, 2011
San Clemente
Name
Scott
Boat
Sin Barco
If you're on the fence, just go. It's time to fish.

Avery Gilleland

Apr 8, 2012
Cal.USA /loreto bcs./lopez mataos b.c.s.
Name
avery gilleland
Boat
tuna can
Marcortez, Right now they ( the government want you to have a mexican captain for economic reasons. ) There are all levels of services and prices. We can help you to get a good deal. this might be an aggravation to some , but it's a small price to pay for some GREAT fishing!