lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
San Diego, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
Hey BD, I got the large rolling tackle bag as a gift and I like the bag but I don't like the forward rake. The bag will tip over with rods in the holders. I've been thinking of maybe adding some type of foot plate to make the bag sit more level and to stabilize it so it won't tip with a few rods in the built in holders. Anybody have a fix for this? Thanks for any tips.

Upvote 0

ricogrande

May 22, 2010
Mud Bay, Wa. USA
Name
Fred
Boat
Vamoose
1CE9B42D-9776-4CFB-83BD-A2D2FF491F1A.jpeg
FFD3DEAE-EBBB-4378-B141-83BAD63BBEFF.jpeg
I took a scrap piece 12” long of 1x21/2 wood, wrapped it with rubberized drawer liner and screwed a piece of plastic to it. I had carved the holes in the plastic to receive the nomad feet. Cheap and I got rid of some crap I had in the garage. It works really well for leveling up the bag for to hold rods.

Reactions: kbray001
Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
Yeah I put my heavy trays on the bottom and as much weight at the back and I don't believe that mine leans forward that much.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Yeah I put my heavy trays on the bottom and as much weight at the back and I don't believe that mine leans forward that much.
Mine did the same thing, so I talked to the Rep
at the Long Fin one Day, and they switched it out for me,
and after that I took it on A 8 Day trip,
and there was A Bunch of them doing the Same thing,
except mine and one other Guys, he screwed Rod
butt caps to his , to make it Level.

Upvote 0

FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
I sold my Nomad Tackle due to this issue and luckily found an alternative modified Tackle Bag that was on sale for $45 with bonus instant seat capability...always get a strange look everytime I sit on it while waiting in line :-) ....Wish Okuma will incorporate this feature as an upgrade for a New Nomad Tackle Bag.

Btw...the wheels are huge and sturdy like my little son’s 1st scooter!
9200DAD7-9FB9-402B-AB6A-15A90C80C630.jpeg D71BFF21-C2CD-4261-B3E6-0F06FFDF419A.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 10, 2014
Santa Cruz Moss Landing
Name
Jesse
Boat
IRIELIN
I sold my Nomad Tackle due to this issue and luckily found an alternative modified Tackle Bag that was on sale for $45 with bonus instant seat capability...always get a strange look everytime I sit on it while waiting in line :-) ....Wish Okuma will incorporate this feature as an upgrade for a New Nomad Tackle Bag.

View attachment 1052887 View attachment 1052889

Upvote 0

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
San Diego, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
Thanks for the tips. I gotta get this taken care of as this bag is a hazard on the boat constantly tipping over. I'm afraid to put my rods in the holders in fear that it will tip over and damage a rod or who knows what else. Very poor design.

Upvote 0

kzaam1

Nov 7, 2018
San Diego
Name
Kzaam
Boat
Jasmine
I've wondered about that possibly happening in rough water, but I've never seen anyone's bag actually tip over. I've had one for more than a year now and it's never happened with mine either. You can tie your bag down with some bungees or braid to make sure that doesn't happen.

Reactions: jer dog
Upvote 0

mindbent

Feb 26, 2015
I.E.
Name
Jon
Boat
one that floats
I just use a small bungie cord to hold my bag upright. What I don't like is getting the bottom tray out cause it always catches the damn zippers.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I just use a small bungie cord to hold my bag upright. What I don't like is getting the bottom tray out cause it always catches the damn zippers.
I took my on a 2 day out of Oxnard,
A few weeks ago, and on the way off the boat,
The captain, grabbed it form the handle ,
And swung off the stairs,
And dropped It right on its wheels and bent the crap out off the axle, I took it to rancho to
There customer service office, and they replaced the whole bag, props to them,
For taking care of it,

Upvote 0

pgangler

12Wt
Jul 25, 2012
Pacific Grove, Calif
Name
Ron
Boat
Was Cabo35, now GW Gulfstream
I've had the big Nomad for several years, and yes - it is tippy, even with weights and jigs in the bottom trays. I fixed mine by cutting a cross-bar out of fir, and screwing it to the FRONT of the front legs, without increasing height. Since they're angled, I beveled it a bit, to keep the front of the bar straight up/down. Then varnished the whole thing for salt water, etc.
That bar extends the legs forward by about 1", which has solved the problem for me.

Upvote 0