NOAA derby weather forecast !

Salmon Addict

Feb 5, 2011
Area 7 San Juans
Name
Matt
Boat
20' Alumaweld Blackhawk
I've been watching the forecast for the Anacortes derby. WTF possibly gale force winds through Saturday night! I hope they got this one wrong boys! Was planning on taking Friday off to scout for the big ones to. Anyone want to run out to the Salmon banks in my car topper? :rofl: :rofl:

DJFISHS2XS

Mar 26, 2012
Oak Harbor Wa
Name
DJ Stevenson
Boat
Little blue lund
Seams Like this Derby is always windy but its in the islands you can always find a place to fish...the first year was the worst so far at one point during the handing out of the prizes I spent more time holding down the tent pole right behind the stage then actually handing Jay the prizes...the ferry actually went north around Cypress Ive only seen that once before...DJ

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
Predictions show one thing and on the water reports another. Good show there. go and enjoy.

goatram

Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
Don
You need to photo shop your avatar. The engine is white now not blue.

plumbwolf

polywogg
Apr 24, 2008
Edmonds,wa
Name
Jay
Boat
Duckworth 26 OS Lucky Louise Twin 150 Yamaha's 9.9 Kicker
Heading out of Edmonds Friday see you guys up there :_diarrhea_::shithappens::finger::rofl:

rkcarguy

Dec 4, 2009
North Puget Sound
Name
Ryan
Boat
4' more baylitter than JohnVH
In my observations, the weather always tends to advance faster than they show it for some reason. If you are seeing a forecast for a sunny weekend followed by a bunch of rain and wind, chances are by the end of the week it's become a nice thurs-fri followed by a shitty weekend.
Regardless if you hop out into the islands it should be fishable in some of your boats although not the favorite spots I'm sure... or maybe they will postpone the derby.

rkcarguy

Dec 4, 2009
North Puget Sound
Name
Ryan
Boat
John,
It will get changed in a month with a 200 pound halibut that I speared diving! I will put up video also
This I want to see.

goatram

Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
they are not going to postpone the derby this is an all weather derby as in the past years....shit we even had snow once..... just find a good place to tuck in and fish... get out the bbq and make a hot dog then wash it down with a :hali_olutta:

wood2turn

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 17, 2009
Oak Harbor, WA
Name
Terry
Boat
14’ Sterling Sea Skiff - Gypsy Queen
I don't think they've ever postponed the derby. I have seen derbies where they have to draw for prizes because not enough fish were caught due to the weather not being safe to venture out in.

Vance..." just find a good place to tuck in and fish... get out the bbq and make a hot dog then wash it down with a
"

I'm likin' that idea!

blackvelvet

old and gray
Jun 19, 2010
slug and duck country
Name
BV
Boat
One that works for me
Both mornings of the derby will have virtually no tidal movement till mid-day followed by a mild ebb. The worst water conditions usually occur when the wind is bucking a fair tidal flow, so getting to a spot tucked away from the wind should be do-able for most everybody unless it's blowing 40+.

Be safe and use good judgement. No fish is worth losing life or limb. It's always a good idea to fish with one or more buddy boats just in case.

DJFISHS2XS

Mar 26, 2012
Oak Harbor Wa
Name
DJ Stevenson
Boat
Little blue lund
They wont postpone the derby wind is just part of the derby..the first year we had some 40kt guests and we didnt postpone...

plumbwolf

polywogg
Apr 24, 2008
Edmonds,wa
Name
Jay
Boat
Duckworth 26 OS Lucky Louise Twin 150 Yamaha's 9.9 Kicker
they are not going to postpone the derby this is an all weather derby as in the past years....shit we even had snow once..... just find a good place to tuck in and fish... get out the bbq and make a hot dog then wash it down with a :hali_olutta:
don't forget the Crown and sandwiches :finger:

iconrad0120

Aug 16, 2009
Hopefully on the water
Name
Isaac
Boat
24' North River OS
Good luck to all. I've got a spare life jacket to throw on my big fish. The weather may have some ticket holders throw the towel in early. Better for all of us.

rkcarguy

Dec 4, 2009
North Puget Sound
Name
Ryan
Boat
Advancing like I guessed and not looking too bad....5-10 NE building to 15-25N. 2-4' ers sat afternoon and sunday(per nexrad). Should be pretty decent at some of the popular honey holes that usually get fucked by the southerly.
Go slay-em!

blackmouther

10%er during Salmon Season
Jun 29, 2009
Mount Vernon Washington
Name
Fowlmotuher
Boat
Shopping
Yep must be unfishable may as well sit at home waiting for next year. At least try even if you can't get out the beer always tastes better amongst bloody deckers. If the weather is too bad the beer gets drank that much earlier

Salmon Addict

Feb 5, 2011
Area 7 San Juans
Name
Matt
Boat
20' Alumaweld Blackhawk
Advancing like I guessed and not looking too bad....5-10 NE building to 15-25N. 2-4' ers sat afternoon and sunday(per nexrad). Should be pretty decent at some of the popular honey holes that usually get fucked by the southerly.
Go slay-em!
Shit Ryan I hear Steve Pool is retiring from KOMO 4 have you ever thought of a change in career? :rofl::rofl:

Plus1

Apr 14, 2008
Pugetropolis
Name
Gary
Boat
2002 no-name YT
Awwww Fuckkkkkk

You pussies should just sit in the tent, wait, and tell stories while you wait for the chili to be served. No one could possibly survive the horrible weather that is coming down on the Pacific Northwest - the Mayans were correct, YOU ARE TOAST. Sell your derby tickets while there is still time.

Fishinflip

Peter
Feb 19, 2009
Seattle
Name
Peter
Boat
R-23
For my first time since the ASD started I'm not participating. But I'm in Anacortes anyway sitting at Anthony's as we speak. And there is absolutely no wind whatsoever. Just gray skies, no rain, and not even very cold. I bet the boys are slaying them right now. Just goes to show you can't always trust the early in the week forecasts.

Peter