plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
You guys are crying about the Yeti corporation not wanting guns inside their place of business ? did you read the sign where it says something about "penal code" and "government" ? maybe this isn't a corporate policy but a government regulation.Talk about overreacting about a fucking cooler.

colemans224

May 28, 2008
SoCal
Name
Tim
Boat
seaswirl cc
I read that Rtic has to redesign all their products that infringed on Yeti's patent according to their settlement in February of this year. This includes tumblers, hard sided coolers, etc... It will be interesting to see if their new products still perform at the lower price.
Yeah, I read about that as well. I think they just had to redesign the appearance because it was too close. I'm not 100% sure but I've seen the new models and they look better than the first edition imo. I've got the hard sided 20 qt RTIC and love it cuz it fits inside the work truck. I was hoping they'd come out with a hopper style like Yeti has.

Reactions: esgeo

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Turns out the bar is incorporated into the building that Yeti is in/leases/owns. I recognize there is a difference between having the required signage posted in every bar (just like we do here and like the signage circled above) compared to how YETI chose to post it. They took a shellacking for their choice (rightfully so to me) and ended up removing the huge signs. To me, it shows an inclination against conceal carry. I'll pass.

gfakkema

Certified D.I.N.K. (Dual Income No Kids)
Sep 25, 2014
Auburn, Wa
Name
Gregg
Boat
22' Arima Sea Legend
You guys are crying about the Yeti corporation not wanting guns inside their place of business ? did you read the sign where it says something about "penal code" and "government" ? maybe this isn't a corporate policy but a government regulation.Talk about overreacting about a fucking cooler.
Turns out the bar is incorporated into the building that Yeti is in/leases/owns. I recognize there is a difference between having the required signage posted in every bar (just like we do here and like the signage circled above) compared to how YETI chose to post it. They took a shellacking for their choice (rightfully so to me) and ended up removing the huge signs. To me, it shows an inclination against conceal carry. I'll pass.
The original signs are 30.06 signs which are posted by choice of the owner (hence why they can be/were removed) ....

https://www.texas3006.com/signs.php

The 51% sign is required (by law) to be posted in Texas and states that it is illegal to bring firearms into any business that makes 51% or more of its profit from the sale of alcohol.

The Peddler

Elect the Mother F’er Again!
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
Almost bought a Yeti because they made a cooler that had the dimensions I needed. "Very limited on the size I could fit in the boat"

Then I went and looked at them in the store. I actually laughed out loud when I saw how small they were inside. The cooler in question was supposedly 20 quarts larger than what I had. No freaking way! It was smaller than what I currently have. How they can get away with marketing a particular size and not even come close as beyond me.

I found exactly what I needed with the Icey-Tek brand for half the cost.
Yeti is somewhat deceptive in their cooler sizing. They measure their volume on OUTSIDE dimensions vs internal capacity.

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
In TX even a permitted or any carry is NOT allowed and is a crime anywhere alcohol is for sale.

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
You girls are silly. These signs are all over bars in TX.

Law or no law, would you want your family at a bar with potentially drunk people with guns?

I don't want to be in a bar like that.

Yes, yeti does sponsor our show but that has zero impact on my opinion.

gabe0308

Jul 25, 2008
B'ham WA
Name
Gabe
Boat
SAANAUK' (SEASPORT 24XL), Tlingit Princess (20' Wooldridge Sport Offshore)
Fishing must be slow...

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Apparently this isn't new news, but I just came across it. They are free to support what they want, just as I am. They won't get any of my support,

View attachment 840823
View attachment 840824
You girls are silly. These signs are all over bars in TX.

Law or no law, would you want your family at a bar with potentially drunk people with guns?

I don't want to be in a bar like that.

Yes, yeti does sponsor our show but that has zero impact on my opinion.
Way to go Larry 2, now you pissed of the big guy!

Ducker!

Team Sency

Fish!! Or be Fished!!!
Jan 6, 2012
Black Diamond
Name
Chris
Boat
JuiceBox2
"wdlfbio, post: 4345176, member: 105887"]Apparently this isn't new news, but I just came across it. They are free to support what they want, just as I am. They won't get any of my support,

laurence.....

GM, BMW, and Porche.....no firearms allowed at corp office or in factory.....guess we will see those up on Craigslist.

And crap!!! Not allowed at Boeing either....there goes flying!!

Yeti!!!!!!!

IMG_4452.JPG

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Wow, some of you guys are making a big stink about that sign...... really LOL

How bout this....... My buddies two kids went to Cub Scouts and Eagle Scouts and both have been taught and given certs showing they have passed knife safety and handling knowledge.

They would like the school to allow them to be able to bring and carry their knifes with them at school. You guys all cool with your kids school doing that :D

The unknown fisherman:p:

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
You kalifags bitch about paying fuel tax for your boats. I'll bitch about what I want.

LOL

PacificBlue

Nov 25, 2011
USA
Name
JM
Boat
Still Looking
Pelican coolers are more robust, have latches that won't fail and they have been a quality military supplier for years.