makairaa

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
well what makes him right and me not? his badge? honestly, i'm tired of hearing that shit, those pieces of tin are overrated. I'm still allowed to speak my mind no matter whom i am addressing.
Everybody has the right to free speach. What you do not have is freedom from consequence of said speech. Unfortunately enforcement is always selective. I am sure there were other boats traveling at the same speed all day. You were just unlucky to catch the officers eye for whatever reason. Then compounded it by questioning him.

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
Everybody has the right to free speach. What you do not have is freedom from consequence of said speech. Unfortunately enforcement is always selective. I am sure there were other boats traveling at the same speed all day. You were just unlucky to catch the officers eye for whatever reason. Then compounded it by questioning him.
many tickets start out as warnings. attitude is the tipping factor.

mholtel

Mike x 5
Dec 7, 2004
Somewhere n Vista
Name
mikey
Boat
Blackman 23, 20 Skipjack, 15 Valco westcoaster
I got a ticket once for obstruction of navigatable water way with one of my lobster traps in SD bay. I think a sea lion drug it in there. I thanked the officer for finding it for me Ha Ha Ha and than went to court to find out the DA never put it on the daily chit. Case drooped.
JUST MAYBE !

peshooter

Waterman
Sep 22, 2008
Fountain Valley
Name
Eric
Boat
33 Blackfin- Never Again II
The speed at which a boat makes a wake is primarily a function of its length at the waterline. The shorter the length the slower the speed. At 6+ my wake is as flat as a pancake. But towing my jet skis at even 5 knots is nasty.
Displacement Hulls have hardly any wake at slow speed and planing hulls have bigger wakes at low speed no matter the length.
just saying

basilone

Vamos Argentina!!!!!!
Sep 2, 2014
Name
basilio
Boat
26 foot Regulator
out of curiosity..how much is the fine?

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
I'm not saying they are always wrong or always right...and I go slower than I probably need to when leaving and coming into the harbor, however, I can tell you that one time coming into the docks at Dana Point and as I was tying up to the docks I had harbor patrol pull up behind my boat with the megaphone or whatever the particular loud speaker that they use and started scolding me for dumping bait in the harbor and at the docks and I'm looking around me like he's talking to someone else and he says "you! yeah you!" I told him we didn't even have any live OR dead bait on the boat whatsoever, not even a fish that day..and he said he saw the birds following my boat and saw me dumping bait and I shook my head and said "nope, not us" (my kids were asleep in the cabin) and I was the only other person in the boat steering it in) and he got all pissy with me, shaking his head up and down.....how could he say he saw us dumping bait when we had absolutely no bait or fish on our boat and was not dumping anything??? like I said, not saying they are always wrong/right, but with me that day, they were wrong..kind of pissed me off a bit. :confused: so I can see someone giving a little attitude when they don't think they were in the wrong..and my dad was a cop (chief of police for many years) so nothing against them at all but I don't like getting shit for something I didn't do.

Last edited:

Trayscool

Captain
Sep 26, 2008
Long Beach
www.skipjackmafia.com
Name
Travis
Boat
NO BOATS
You know what it has noting to do if a person has a badge or not really it depends on if they are a dick or not. Some cops are good and some are bad, dont generalize. I go back and forth on weather I like cops or not and I feel like most of them have good intentions.

I was driving a little too fast thru Huntington a couple weeks ago and the sheriff just waved his hand like "slow down" so that was cool.

2strokepoke

nimrod
Sep 14, 2010
orange, ca usa
Name
danny
Boat
dammit danny! 26' skipjack flybridge
You know what it has noting to do if a person has a badge or not really it depends on if they are a dick or not. Some cops are good and some are bad, dont generalize. I go back and forth on weather I like cops or not and I feel like most of them have good intentions.

I was driving a little too fast thru Huntington a couple weeks ago and the sheriff just waved his hand like "slow down" so that was cool.

ive had that same thing happen a couple times leaving huntington and yes, they are pretty cool about it. if i were with my friends and we were going fishing, then i'd be more understanding. but i had my kids and wife on the boat, and like i said when the lil ones are aboard, i have a totally different protocol as to how i operate the boat

ShadBurke

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 28, 2005
Carlsbad
Name
Shad Burke
Boat
22' Boston Whaler Guardians
The Dana Point Harbor Patrol roll into the Newport Beach Harbor Patrol Headquarters. If you feel the need, perhaps go up to the Newport Harbor Patrol Headquarters and see if this can be fixed.........

2strokepoke

nimrod
Sep 14, 2010
orange, ca usa
Name
danny
Boat
dammit danny! 26' skipjack flybridge
i appreciate all the input and advice everyone has thrown my way. i'm just pissed and trying to figure this mess out. :cheers:

titos334

VIP Elite Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hell
Name
Kevin
Boat
Rainbow Surprise
You just got to follow the process. I'm assuming you signed the ticket, as the guy says it's really not an admission of guilt. I don't know what you said so hopefully you didn't say much. It should just be a little moving violation so no arraignment, show up in court and take your lumps if given to you and hope the judge fishes.