I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Okay, I see. So then, it's Mike I should be quoting and chastizing..... ;)

Mike, The Saints have no running game? They have 2 backs that would be starters on other teams (Bell, Thomas) and Bush is a good mix-it-up back. They have a really good running game. Actually, the Chargers could end up with either Thomas or Bell, so you better start liking them... ;)

Upvote 0

hotrod

El Capitan
Mar 23, 2003
Escondido, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
22' Grady White Seafarer ("GalaxSea")
Okay, I see. So then, it's Mike I should be quoting and chastizing..... ;)

Mike, The Saints have no running game? They have 2 backs that would be starters on other teams (Bell, Thomas) and Bush is a good mix-it-up back. They have a really good running game. Actually, the Chargers could end up with either Thomas or Bell, so you better start liking them... ;)

Sean I never said that...I said they arent a rushing team. After looking into this, they were 6th best rushing team and the Colts were the worst rushing team in the league. So I was half off. :p:

Upvote 0

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Sean I never said that...I said they arent a rushing team. After looking into this, they were 6th best rushing team and the Colts were the worst rushing team in the league. So I was half off. :p:

Okay, you're excused.... ;)

The reason I knew that, other than the fact that I am a football genius :D, is cause I had Pierre Thomas in my fantasy league, so I followed their run game quite closely.......

Either one of those backs, Thomas or Bell, would be a good fit here.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Did you hear a whole lot from Michael Turner last year??? Getting rid of Turner when they did was the right call at the time, he wanted too much $$$ just like Sproles.

I didn't hear a whole lot from Michael Turner last year....heard a lot about him. Michael Turner doesn't have to talk when he's running people over.

Upvote 0

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Did you hear a whole lot from Michael Turner last year??? Getting rid of Turner when they did was the right call at the time, he wanted too much $$$ just like Sproles.

I didn't hear a whole lot from Michael Turner last year....heard a lot about him. Michael Turner doesn't have to talk when he's running people over.

Well, over the last 2 years, Turner has 27 TD's in 27 games, averaged 4.7 yards per rush, and 95 yards per game...... That's one of the better rushers in the game over that time in all 3 categories..... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Everyone agreed the Chargers lacked a running game this past year, they are cleaning house in those positions to make room for some new blood and everyone is wondering what's going on???

Upvote 0

Kurt

Mistadobalina
Jul 9, 2003
Clairemont
Visit site
Name
Kurt
Boat
%%%%%
Everyone agreed the Chargers lacked a running game this past year, they are cleaning house in those positions to make room for some new blood and everyone is wondering what's going on???

Anyone can pass block, are they changing up the line? :frehya2:

:D

Upvote 0

hotrod

El Capitan
Mar 23, 2003
Escondido, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
I think that they will reach a deal with Sproles... I really do.
I told you guys so (kinda)...The Chargers changed their minds and placed the first- and third-round tender on running back Darren Sproles on Thursday, the team announced. A week ago, the team said it would not tender Sproles, allowing him to become a free agent. On Thursday, the Chargers decided they couldn't afford to lose Sproles after releasing LaDainian Tomlinson.

Sproles would earn $7.2897 million in 2010 if he signs the tender. The Chargers would have seven days to match an offer if a team tries to sign him.

If it doesn't match, San Diego would receive a first- and a third-round draft choice from the team that signs him.

Last year, the Chargers kept Sproles by placing the franchise tag on him at $6.6 million.

They also made the surprising move of releasing veteran defensive tackle Jamal Williams. Williams has been one of San Diego's key run-stuffers for 12 seasons. He sustained a triceps injury in the 2009 season opener and missed the rest of the year. He also has a history of knee injuries.

The Chargers also made first-and third-round tenders to outside linebacker Shawne Merriman, left tackle Marcus McNeill and wide receivers Malcom Floyd and Vincent Jackson.

Backup running back Michael Bennett also was released, leaving the Chargers thin at that position. LaDainian Tomlinson was released last week after a brilliant nine-year run with the Bolts. The Chargers are expected to take a running back high in the draft.

Article--> San Diego Chargers decide to give Darren Sproles high tender - ESPN

Upvote 0

hotrod

El Capitan
Mar 23, 2003
Escondido, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Chiefs and Eagles Fans react on ESPN

EagleForLife20 said:
i am SOOOOO pissed that the chargers put the highest tender on sproles. i can tell you for a fact of being a life long eagle fan that my iggys would have tried everything to get this guy and we wanted him...period. smart move to do that on the chargers part

Chiefs Fan said:
I played against Darren Sproles in the High School State Championship in Kansas and watched him play at Kansas State. This guy is worshipped throughout Kansas and the Kansas City area. He would have been a huge hit on the Chiefs. He would have been in a back up role to Charles but would have been a great weapon, especially in the wide open Arizona-inspired passing attack that the coaches are trying to bring to KC.

Upvote 0

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
I think the only reason they kept him was because they'd have ahd to fill 3 positions upon his release.... KR, PR, and part time scat back. He's an average running back at best, but he's an excellent returner.......

Upvote 0