Reel Stamas

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 20, 2010
PCB, FL.
Name
Dr. John
Boat
27' Stamas- Reel Stamas
Are all of you that refuse to ship aware of USPS 'Click-N-Ship' ??? You fill out the form on line, pay on line, print the label & arrange Pick-Up... Saves ~10% off USPS Rates & you never have to leave your house... Stupid easy & increases your potential Buyers by ~1000%

Upvote 0

Jim n Texas

May 12, 2012
TEXAS
Name
Jim
Boat
None
But, but, but, What if I burn my toast or sumpin. Sometimes shipping just ain't worth it besides what if your printer is busted or out of paper. Things happen and by the way wheres the butter?

Upvote 0

jiggyn

Do you even fish?
Jan 26, 2008
Torrance
Name
Jerr
Boat
shit talking
ever stand in a postal service line it sucks..... I do ship but I try to do local as much as possible

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
If I think I can sell it for the same price to someone who will pick up, why would I ship?

Upvote 0

Reel Stamas

Jan 20, 2010
PCB, FL.
Name
Dr. John
Boat
27' Stamas- Reel Stamas
ever stand in a postal service line it sucks..... I do ship but I try to do local as much as possible

Did you even read ??? Are all of you that refuse to ship aware of USPS 'Click-N-Ship' ??? You fill out the form on line, pay on line, print the label & arrange Pick-Up... Saves ~10% off USPS Rates & you never have to leave your house...

Upvote 0

writebrian

... and I'm 6'5"
Jan 16, 2007
Arizona
Name
Brian
Boat
Whoever is Hot that week

If postage is done online, you do no need to stand in any postal line. Just drop it off at the counter and walk away.

Upvote 0

NEFLJ

Jan 3, 2013
Jacksonville / FL / USA
Name
Ed
Boat
NA
If I think I can sell it for the same price to someone who will pick up, why would I ship?

i agree that the no ship on this board is something fierce and frequently annoys the crap outta me, but it's hard to argue with Carl. It's also hard to argue with folks who want to keep it in the local community. Thank you to those among you who throw an Easterner a bone every now and then and to Reel Stamas for making an excellent point.

Upvote 0

machoflea

Almost A Member
Aug 6, 2012
USA!!!!
Name
J B
Boat
Wilderness
If postage is done online, you do no need to stand in any postal line. Just drop it off at the counter and walk away.

I have to agree with Stamas and a few others. Sometimes I am pretty surprised why people refuse to ship when you can print a label online using a debit/credit card that's protected with gov. security web encryption, arrange a FREE pick up, and expand your customer base exponentially. However, I do get the idea of the BD brotherhood just hooking another up, and in those instances where friends are hooking friends up, I get it. I'm from SD and my roots are there and was a regular on the First String, Producer, ShoGun, etc. and the had the fortunate experience of being on the Excel a few times as well. But why not ship? The fishing community needs to stick together and if you check the record, I do contribute and donate to Save CA Fishing, just haven't got my decal. There's a great deal of things fisherman can stick together on through issues of closures, etc, and you never know who you are going to meet. And if fees are your issue and cash is king, very easy to just take Paypal and ask for 3% so that you and the buyer are protected, fees are covered and you can have that money in your checking account in a couple days. :)

Upvote 0

machoflea

Almost A Member
Aug 6, 2012
USA!!!!
Name
J B
Boat
Wilderness
And if you are someone like me, I can always just create a FedEx or USPS label and send you a prepaid label via email.

Upvote 0

Reel Stamas

Jan 20, 2010
PCB, FL.
Name
Dr. John
Boat
27' Stamas- Reel Stamas
My main point is that Shipping has become easier (& safer) than meeting some random dude somewhere (who might/might not show & might be a bad guy). I totally understand that having someone you know & trust come to your house w/Cash beats most other alternatives...

Upvote 0

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
My main point is that Shipping has become easier (& safer) than meeting some random dude somewhere (who might/might not show & might be a bad guy). I totally understand that having someone you know & trust come to your house w/Cash beats most other alternatives...

But I am that random dude that is luring in people who dont want things shipped! The ole lets meet in a dimly lit parking lot somewhere works every time. I enjoy selling the same thing a few dozen times!!!

Dont mess with my business with your Its so easy to ship nonsense!

Thanks for the tip. I ship all over and its just ridiculously easy to do now. I just pass the buck onto the customer. Everyone wins.

Upvote 0

harddrive

Wish I Was Fishing!
Sep 9, 2004
West LA
Name
Min
Boat
None
Yeah. I can see it on the rods not wanting to ship. That's a bit of a pain in the ass, the reels are easy. Box it up and print label and ship.

Upvote 0

Reel Stamas

Jan 20, 2010
PCB, FL.
Name
Dr. John
Boat
27' Stamas- Reel Stamas
& USPS Priority from FL. to Ca. runs <$9 for most Reels & almost any reel fits in a Medium Flat Rate Box <$11 (Tracking # included)

Upvote 0

salty nuts

• Jun 2, 2004
    Camarillo
    Name
    Tim Mohawk
    Boat
    25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
    If it fits it ships is so fucking easy..boxes are free, labels can be done at home, and postal person picks it up. I mean what more do you need.? Sure the postal career will throw in a reach around if you ask!

I was shipping something to Hawaii and UPS wanted $75 did the if it fits it ships cost me $15 and got there in two days! You have to use the post offices boxes though which are free.

Upvote 0

Jig Stick

GO AZTECS!
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Costa
    Name
    Ken
    Boat
    Grady 28 Sailfish
    Did you even read ??? Are all of you that refuse to ship aware of USPS 'Click-N-Ship' ??? You fill out the form on line, pay on line, print the label & arrange Pick-Up... Saves ~10% off USPS Rates & you never have to leave your house...

The reason I don't do a lot via mail is that the donkey I'm sending the stuff to isn't always as easy to do business with as I am...even if he's in Washington!

It's kinda like riding a motorcycle, it's not always your ability...it's the ability of the guy next to ya that you have to worry about.

Upvote 0