Rauterki

The worst fisherman on the boat
Oct 8, 2009
San Clemente, CA
www.crossfittothecore.com
Name
Jon
Boat
I'm in the market. Make me an offer I can't refuse.
Since my son had the day off school and I was off work, we decided to go sushi-hunting at the Coronados. Made reservations on the San Diego out of Seaforth and, when I last looked, only 12 people had reserved a spot. However, the boat ended up leaving with 37 anglers. No problem at all though; plenty of room, good mix of people and a great crew. Come to think of it, I haven't been on a boat out of Seaforth (or any other landing) and had a bad experience crew-wise. Maybe I've been lucky or maybe the sport fishing industry in San Diego just kicks ass….
The day was pretty much a rerun of the past two weeks worth of reports: The yellowtail are biting, they're going after surface irons for the most part (color doesn't matter at all), we saw the most action at/near the Rockpile, no weather to speak of, water is deep-blue to purple, shitloads of seals etc. I would say the only thing different for us was that the bite didn't really start going until about 2:00 and really only lasted about an hour. I think we ended up boating 12 yellowtail and lost just as many.
And…my son out fished me…..again.

IMG_1337.jpg

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
'99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
Way to Go! You'll never live that one down.

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
If my kid schooled me, I would have a story too!:rofl:

Reactions: Rauterki
Upvote 0

Bondrvr

Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
What a great day, you are building the future......

Upvote 0

mandoman68

Big Loco
Mar 3, 2008
Aztlan
Name
Mandoman
Boat
Kathleen
Since my son had the day off school and I was off work, we decided to go sushi-hunting at the Coronados. Made reservations on the San Diego out of Seaforth and, when I last looked, only 12 people had reserved a spot. However, the boat ended up leaving with 37 anglers. No problem at all though; plenty of room, good mix of people and a great crew. Come to think of it, I haven't been on a boat out of Seaforth (or any other landing) and had a bad experience crew-wise. Maybe I've been lucky or maybe the sport fishing industry in San Diego just kicks ass….
The day was pretty much a rerun of the past two weeks worth of reports: The yellowtail are biting, they're going after surface irons for the most part (color doesn't matter at all), we saw the most action at/near the Rockpile, no weather to speak of, water is deep-blue to purple, shitloads of seals etc. I would say the only thing different for us was that the bite didn't really start going until about 2:00 and really only lasted about an hour. I think we ended up boating 12 yellowtail and lost just as many.
And…my son out fished me…..again.

View attachment 511008
that's awesome.

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    Way to go! Time on the water finishing with your son, awsome moments.

Upvote 0
    Aug 2, 2009
    HB
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Shamrock CC
    Exactly how a day off should be spent with the boy.........great job dad for training the little dude to out fish you!

Upvote 0