PENN

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
Saw 3 maybe 4 PB"s out hunting the whole trip. Wind and chop made it next to impossible to find any paddys. Cloudy steady wind and Water temps also dropped from previous reports as I was showing 60.2 Saw nada so headed back in hopes to run into a paddy. A skipper called out wide open south of 302 but I was already 10 miles away and I forgot my other jacket in truck and was getting cold. 5 miles from Point Loma and birds were going crazy and came across a PB trying to work the boil. I pulled up threw some live sardines and immediately hook up but lost it. Chummed the area and let and flylined a sardine and wham for what I was hoping was YT but tuned out to be the biggest Bonito I've ever seen and landed. Im guessing well over 33" and thick. sorry no pic cause I was fllying solo and fish is deep in ice right now. At least no skunk....did tow a couple guys back to SI landing from the point on way back in. Fishing Gods better remember that next time I drive down 2 hours towing and 65 miles on the water for a Bonito LOL Tight Lines!

Jay1

Jul 1, 2015
Name
Julian
Boat
Boat hoe
We did they same thing saw a small spot of fish come up close to the 302 proper maybe a lil south but not much after that. Guy at the dock had a200+ he said 371

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer
Upvote 0

Phat Boat

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Small window but it bit for a lot of guys. I missed it. 16/26.

Reactions: aguachico
Upvote 0

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    Atta boy Joey, we gotta look out for others when we can. Tuna gods dont forget bro.

Running out solo in the slop tells me you got the rig dialed in. Congrats on your biggest boner ever!! 🤪

Reactions: jbl_91762
    Upvote 0

DAS

Dec 23, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    DAS
    Boat
    El Segador
    Hope this thread doesn't degrade, to who got the biggest boner! That being said a 33"er is certainly impressive

• Haha
    Reactions: Zika
    Upvote 0