I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 25, 2017
Santa Rosa, CA
www.norcalkayakanglers.com
Name
Dustin
Boat
Do kayaks count?
Are you guys having trouble on PC or your Iphones?
PC is extremely easy to figure out.
1616107126414.png

bazzturd

I fish in the ocean, not the internet
Aug 7, 2008
Westminster, CA
Name
Brian
Boat
2005 Grady White Seafarer 228 (no name yet)
Part of why we are bringing on tons of moderators. 1. control the people 2. remove all firearms 3. BD will be sending checks out to all members that paid BD 4. BD will silence all naysayers.
"Control the people" and "Silence the naysayers," sounds like some government communism behavior. Many BD'ers, at least OG ones, are not about this control and silence B.S. Coming from the horses mouth, meaning you, I have to say that you are going to piss a lot of people off. If there was BDoutdoors stock, I would have been selling like crazy with that kind of language.

Now, if there are gun sales and some stuff that isn't suppose to be happening I get it. But BD use to be a place trolls could roam, key board tough guys could flex and feelings were just for the weak. You ignore who you want and listen to the ones you want to hear. Example; some kid on here that flips every reel, rod, used Tady and piece of shit boat around should be called out. The one I am talking about has crap on offer, craigs, facebook market, ebay and here. Just haggles the crap out of everyone and then turns it for more. Then someone like me calls him out and gets a time out.

I am going to try to be nice, turn a new leaf, maybe even report a hot bite from time to time, but I'm not excited about being "controlled" or "silenced." Not sure if I even fit the calling card of the aforementioned needs. Just saying it isn't going to excite those who do fit the bill and those who don't evenly.

bazzturd

Aug 7, 2008
Westminster, CA
Name
Brian
Boat
I saw that too.

No problem!
@Jason has already promised to go through and fix all the posts that weren't properly tagged.
I don't think it is cost affective to have someone who has to spend time re-tagging anything when there was a forum specifically for that. If I were paying the bills, I would have anything that requires labor, time and money to redirect/label/anything I would be ordering it back the way it was. Understandable changes need to be made, but when more bodies requiring more payroll are involved there is an issue. Efficiency is everything cause it ends up costing money.

Reactions: jiggermyster

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
Dec 12, 2003
So Cal
Name
Clay
Boat
n/a
I don't think it is cost affective to have someone who has to spend time re-tagging anything when there was a forum specifically for that. If I were paying the bills, I would have anything that requires labor, time and money to redirect/label/anything I would be ordering it back the way it was. Understandable changes need to be made, but when more bodies requiring more payroll are involved there is an issue. Efficiency is everything cause it ends up costing money.
You are correct, of course. No one should waste time fixing tags. I was needling @Jason a bit.
Perhaps the software could be configured to not accept a post unless a prefix is selected.

Jason
Jason
Bingo. Just hasn't been configured yet. Moderators aren't paid just volunteer to help... BD is now a staff of 6. Used to be triple that, thank you COVID...

bazzturd

Aug 7, 2008
Westminster, CA
Name
Brian
Boat
You are correct, of course. No one should waste time fixing tags. I was needling @Jason a bit.
Perhaps the software could be configured to not accept a post unless a prefix is selected.
Shit I didn't even know you could post without one. I'm like weeks away from becoming a fisherman again. Snow in the sierras, north swell making fun surf and not getting my new boat until next week. Good on you for bruising some balls though

Reactions: jiggermyster

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    We lost the "Rods and Reels For Sale" section, but we still have the "Long Range Fishing" Section.

It's rough and is going to take a bunch of work which I requested but...

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
    Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    "Control the people" and "Silence the naysayers," sounds like some government communism behavior. Many BD'ers, at least OG ones, are not about this control and silence B.S. Coming from the horses mouth, meaning you, I have to say that you are going to piss a lot of people off. If there was BDoutdoors stock, I would have been selling like crazy with that kind of language.

Now, if there are gun sales and some stuff that isn't suppose to be happening I get it. But BD use to be a place trolls could roam, key board tough guys could flex and feelings were just for the weak. You ignore who you want and listen to the ones you want to hear. Example; some kid on here that flips every reel, rod, used Tady and piece of shit boat around should be called out. The one I am talking about has crap on offer, craigs, facebook market, ebay and here. Just haggles the crap out of everyone and then turns it for more. Then someone like me calls him out and gets a time out.

I am going to try to be nice, turn a new leaf, maybe even report a hot bite from time to time, but I'm not excited about being "controlled" or "silenced." Not sure if I even fit the calling card of the aforementioned needs. Just saying it isn't going to excite those who do fit the bill and those who don't evenly.
    Our stock is just fine.
    1616137036108.png

You must not follow Q. Sarcasm buddy...

Last edited:

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
    Sep 9, 2010
    SouthBay SF
    Name
    The Kid
    Boat
    Aquasport 222 FFV
    The layout and functionality all tie in with a mobile app that is being developed for later this year

It all makes sense now. Honestly I was thinking this was the real reason. Now we know.

Thanks.

New salute will be two thumbs on a phone.

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    I want to go LR fishing tomorrown

Last edited: