pgangler

12Wt
Jul 25, 2012
Pacific Grove, Calif
Name
Ron
Boat
Was Cabo35, now GW Gulfstream
Fished Saturday and Sunday out of SC for salmon, all over Soquel Hole, and west of SC. Very few fish caught, and none on our boat. Didn't see any whales, but did see a big pod of Risso's dolphins yesterday. Limits of jellyfish both days, and limits of fog today. The season opener bite has moved on, now waiting for the next round to show up. Water as 53-54 all throughout, and water conditions were decent (except for the jellies).

jayyyy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 7, 2008
NorCal
Name
jay
Boat
'04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
I must have sawed a hundred jellyfish in half with my downrigger braid last weekend at soquel hole, I hope those things die when you half'em.

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
If you're in jellyfish generally you won't find salmon in the area.
When I fished a Charter boat out of Sitka Alaska we found a school of jellies in a huge circle and we trolled Chartreuse Sevenstrand Clones on downriggers about 100 yards around them and caught our limit of Kings for 3 of us

Crowman

Mar 3, 2017
Northern California
Name
Crowman
Boat
YES
Might be different jellyfish but I don't know. Here in Northern California we have these big orange/brown jelly's that can be pretty thick when they get pushed into an area. When that happens I have never caught a salmon in 40 years with them around trolling. Plus what a mess on your wire and gear.