Phoenix Hellazona
Name
Azlandlocked
Boat
RRII, PV, the Big X
One last thing.....Merry Christmas.......<label for="rb_iconid_10">
icon10.gif
</label>.......
10-4 I hope you & your family have a Merry Christmas & a prosperous New Year :jig:

Upvote 0

eric harner

Caliente Tuna
Oct 7, 2009
Phoenix Hellazona
Name
Azlandlocked
Boat
RRII, PV, the Big X
Don't worry, Eric. ConSeaMate is a fag. Take that personal attack you Charger fan!
We need to go duck hunting . I'm going Christmas eve for a few hours a friend is turning me on to a HOT spot . I also have some YT, YF & Wahoo for you ! Call me.

ZoomButt.gif

Upvote 0

Sherm

aka: The Sherminator
May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak
"A Lesson in Life"
Seem's you have plenty of free time on your hand's my friend , judging from the effort you have put into this post. Also looks like your a pretty hard core God Guy & that's cool.You seem to take great satisfaction in feeling somewhat superior over others ... good for you. I on the other hand am agnostic.. humility is a lesson I have learned through 56 years of living ( Pretty sure Humility is mentioned the Bible somewhere.... ) Guess I'm not the type that gets satisfaction from trying to impress others by beating others into submission to prove a point. Pretty sure I'm on the right track. Having said that I want to thank you for "Another Lesson in Life"

Agnostics are people who are just hedging their bet incase there is a heaven.

Upvote 0

talltale

Feb 20, 2008
yucaipa
Name
chris
Boat
23.5 trophy "Tonetta T"
My faith in God is just that: faith. Faith is a belief in something that is intangible. I cannot argue with agnostics because I have little or no physical evidence to support my position. In a physical universe, life contradicts physics. It, in my opinion, is the most unique thing that exists in this universe. Intelligence contradicts life. And, of course, the notion of a supreme being, contradicts intelligence. What I don't understand is why intellegent life would desire to kill one another. And even after they are dead we continue to argue about what they died for. Maybe someone can explain all this to me.

Upvote 0

divedemo

Divedemo
Jun 21, 2003
Casa de Oro
Visit site
Name
Bernie
Boat
None
While I completely disagree with the removal of the cross "some say" when erected in 1954 on Easter Sunday it was done as a warning sign to other religious group to stay out of that La Jolla. So i can understand why some with long memories would want it taken down.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Note to Moderators add Religion to Politics rule.

When we give even a lil bit of rope there are some who just can't wait to hang themselves. Duly noted.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    What does that mean?

Some can't discuss. Discussion does not involve name calling and personal attacks to the point we get complaints and have to shut it down.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 21, 2010
    hemet/ca/riverside
    Name
    SCOTT
    Boat
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
    Some can't discuss. Discussion does not involve name calling and personal attacks to the point we get complaints and have to shut it down.

i think its been a fairly tame debate so far.

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
  • Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    i responded in the above quote and broke it apart responding to each portion individually.

by using the words "christian principles" they are religious right???? Christianity is a religion right? or do Christians have some secret agenda besides religion?

they/I was referring to a standard of right and wrong.,,, like the ten commandments. other wise there is nothing "religious" about it that i am aware of.

any judgments of other people i make, good or bad, is based on my personal experience with those individuals.

and this is how it should be... how ever the passage in the bible is, "as you judge so will you be judged" and my point was a joke how for example you will find these "holier than thou" so called "religious" types looking down their nose at someone who is only doing what they did before they "found God" just the opposite of the message the bible is sending.

agreed, people use there own interpretation of religion to suit their own needs. good and bad

I think this is where the biggest problem lies, people DON'T use their own interpretation, they use someone else's, they are followers not leaders. for example... the bible doesn't say you have to go to church on Sunday, which most people believe, it say to keep holy the Sabbath. I have seen theses guys preach for an hour with the bible in their hand and never reading out of it, but giving their view which is sucked up by those watching... that is not how I think it was intended. I feel the bible is an individual thing, that has a lot of good rules for life as well as a lot of bullshit.... not written by god but by men who thought they were inspired by god. you are given free will to make your own choice.

It appears that unlike the majority of us who learned or were taught things, like what is right and wrong.... usually taught by your parents so you would know how to act... incredibly you were born with the knowledge. I am in aw and impressed, (jealous too) because i was not.

born with it?? like some kind of divine prophet....no. i have made many mistakes along the way, and will continue to do so. and yes i'm gratefull to my parents for love and discipline they provided.

Your not alone, I have heard guys make statements on here that no one taught them anything about fishing, they learned it all on their own. Which is complete and total bullshit... but it may explain why they are such fucked fishermen.

i had very little instruction in regards to fishing, and i still suck (at catching anyways). some guys golf as a reason to drink and don't even care for the golf that much, i use fishing as my excuse to be on / in the water with friends and family, enjoying the ocean environment.

you missed it dude, this was a total joke. I have no idea what kind of fisherman you are for example... but i have read a lot of guys on here who give no credit to anyone for giving them any tips/instruction but claim to have learned it all on their own... which is bullshit, no one is born with the knowledge. did you just know how to tie the knots that you know? did you just know what a slack tide was or how the moon effected the tide or fishing? I could probably name dozens more examples and to claim you were born with the knowledge just shows how stupid and ungrateful someone is. IT WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU PERSONALLY, ACTUALLY NONE OF IT WAS, BUT WAS DONE IN JEST, that is why I said,.
    "Now relax, don't take it personal..,. I am making a joke about a serious issue."

I also didn't know the Indians were slaves. Were they more or less than their counter parts? and how long were they used as slaves?

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ch/...ue35/3520.html "slave issue" second paragraph. i you can show me different please do. i have no stake in this.....just some info i found on a christian website.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Native_...d_Christianity "killing in the name of religion" here again, i was not alive then, so didn't see it first hand. if you have evidence to the contrary, please present it.

since we were talking about this country and the constitution, I just assumed you were too. this refers to things that happened way before this country was established and in south America. no doubt about it, man has done some fucked up shit in his time, and still does.... just a little better at calling it something else

BUT Before I forget... that information you were born with is a little off.... you are sworn in on the bible because the bible represents living by rules like the ten commandments where you don't lie, steal, and covet your brothers girlfriend.... and if you listen to the words, on most all of the othes I have taken, you are swearing to serve or to uphold the laws or whatever it may be... but unless your swearing in for some religious shit, I have never heard someone swearing to serve the book.

i would prefer they swear or "promise" to the public they "chose" to serve to act on their behalf. kind of like a contract that may be enforceable. swearing on a book containing religious principles is unenforceable because there is no standard since all religons are based on faith.

sorry., you still missed the point, they may have their hand on a bible but the oath they are giving has nothing to do with any religious principles that the book may contain. Like i said, the book is only a symbol of good over evil... often you will hear it refer to as "the good book" get it? it has nothing to do with religious principles, it is only a symbol of doing good or doing the right thing.... that is it, nothing more. the words, "so help you God." is the same thing, no one expects God is going to walk into the court room, wiggle his nose and you die... it just represents that someone will not lie as God would not lie. You may not believe in God at all, but you can't tell me you don't know he isn't supposed to lie.... right?

Personally I like the system just like it is(as far as god and the bible are concerned).... you don't have to believe... and you don't have to like seeing god or a cross and you don't have to go to any church or believe in God, You can even state that you don't like it... but if you want to take it any further than making a statement... you want to do away with it... THEN GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY COUNTRY and go live somewhere else....

can't we all just get along? your sense of entitlement " get the fuck out of MY country"( its yours?) is part of the problem in this debate.

Get over it dude, it is a joke... I don't own it. If I did or I was in control, you would know because there would never be any rapist or child molester repeat offenders.
    I get along with everyone... as long as they know how to act. I don't have a problem with you if you disagree with me, like this discussion... but I do if you are rude and inconsiderate... like dropping your unlit hoop nets next to mine

the flag is not the cross and does not have any religous affiliation.

the flag is a symbol.. just as the cross is used as a symbol... in this context it is used, in my opinion, as a symbol of good, not as religious

^^^^
    "It's not about religion it is simply a well know symbol of good and honorable beliefs and get over it." the cross is not about religion????? well why not replace it with another symbol from the link above? the cross has everything to do with religion. my bet would be that a extreme muslims idea of a "symbol or icon" that represents " good and honorable beliefs" would look much different than yours.
    but this is the established symbol in my country... I don't really care what they use, use their symbol... it doesn't mean religion to me in this context, it means a symbol of good.

i support no one religion, and i am very glad and proud to live in a country where its CITIZENS can make their own choices.
    I DON NOT WANT THE CROSS REMOVED, I THINK ITS BEST TO LET PRIVATE OWNERSHIP TAKE OVER. ITS A WIN WIN. CROSS STAYS AND GOVERNMENT IS OUT OF IT. I DO, I support the church of George and what's happening now.

I agree.. and it would be nice if that happened. but i don't agree with taking it down or removing the ten commandments from the court house.... I don't see these, at this point, as religious but rather a symbol of what our country was built on and they should stay for that reason.

Nothing intended towards you personally, just had to comment on some of your points... my sense of humor goes over a lot of heads and sometimes it is hard to tell where it starts and stops.

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
  • Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    Sorry...........I don't read any responses that are more that 3-4 sentences.

I don't blame you at all.... but if you don't read mine then you are missing some great entertainment.

Guilty... when you are opinionated, type 80 wpm and have a distorted sense of humor... and you are bored.

Upvote 0

yakergreg

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 10, 2006
    So. Ca.
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    Crestliner Angler
    I don't blame you at all.... but if you don't read mine then you are missing some great entertainment.

Guilty... when you are opinionated, type 80 wpm and have a distorted sense of humor... and you are bored.
    :rofl:You just answered my question. It would take me a week and a half to type all that.

Upvote 0