No God is Welcome in San Diego.......per U.S. District Judge Larry Burns

Discussion in 'Nonsense Anything Boards' started by Saluki, Dec 13, 2013.

1. stairman

stairman ......

Name:
    doug
    Boat:
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    if you feel inferior that all on you...I'm agnostic too but relish the heritage that gave us a country where freedom from religion as established by the government is as important
    as freedom to let our heritage and history be left alone from future government intrusion.when that cross was established there was no out cry from the godless.....why do those that are godless today want to rewrite our history?If you don't want future crosses erected on government land fine fight your battle...but let history be our true history not one rewritten by the whims of the day.

That path may someday visit what you hold dear.

2. @-EZ

@-EZ Fail, try again.

Name:
    Max
    Boat:
    Trophy Pro, @-EZ
    I don't think you're wasting time. I believe an education is being had. This thread has been quite educational for some who actually take the time to read the various responses.

The beauty of our nation is the opportunity afforded to all to form their own opinion and display it for all to see without recourse.

Please, carry on.

3. Rauterki

Rauterki The worst fisherman on the boat

Name:
    Jon
    Boat:
    I'm in the market. Make me an offer I can't refuse.
    Well said Sean. Maybe it's just the day and age we live in. Maybe I'm just getting old but it seems as if the "mental toughness" of people has slipped a couple of notches; too many people being offended by too many little things. Some are actually saying that they can't relate to Christmas because Santa is……white.

4. eric harner

eric harner Caliente Tuna

Name:
    Azlandlocked
    Boat:
    RRII, PV, the Big X
    10-4 Your absolutely correct..I'm not much of a "Key Board Worrier " Like your point of view !

5. Saluki

Saluki .

Name:
    Mika Tan
    Boat:
    "MoorZilla"
    Sean is my hero.

6. @-EZ

@-EZ Fail, try again.

Name:
    Max
    Boat:
    Trophy Pro, @-EZ
    Something else to chew on for a while.

[h=1]US Army War College considers removing portraits of Robert E. Lee, Confederate generals[/h]<TIME itemprop="datePublished" pubdate datetime="2013-12-18T11:52-05:00">Published December 18, 2013</TIME> FoxNews.com

• [​IMG]
      Portraits of Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson.National Archives

The U.S. Army War College in Pennsylvania is considering removing its portraits of Robert E. Lee and other Confederate generals after at least one official questioned why the school honors those who fought against America.
    The college is currently conducting an inventory of its paintings and photographs, which feature Confederate generals such as Lee and Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson. The school plans to re-hang the images later in historical themes to tell a story, the Washington Times reports.
    College spokeswoman Carol Kerr told the newspaper that at least one official -- who was not identified – asked the administration why the school honors generals that were enemies of the U.S. Army.
    “There will be a dialogue when we develop the idea of what do we want the hallway to represent,” she said. “[Lee] was certainly not good for the nation. This is the guy we faced on the battlefield whose entire purpose in life was to destroy the nation as it was then conceived. … This is all part of an informed discussion.”
    The U.S. Army War College, which opened in Carlisle in 1901 to study the lessons of war, graduates more than 300 officers, foreign students and civilians each year, the Washington Times reports.
    Before the college opened, Lee led the Army of Northern Virginia for the Confederate States of America during the Civil War. Lee and Jackson are both graduates of the United States Military Academy in West Point, N.Y.

7. eric harner

Name:
    Azlandlocked
    Boat:
    RRII, PV, the Big X
    Don't feel inferior at all .. Just reconfirmed as to where I don't want to at this point in my life. Being agnostic has nothing to do with being godless ... I'm simply not a believer in "Western Religion" But thanks for your 2 cents.

8. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Rotus
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras and 24' cuddy
  9. Saluki

Saluki .

Name:
    Mika Tan
    Boat:
    "MoorZilla"
    [Insert name here] was certainly not good for the nation. This is the guy we faced on the [Whitehouse] whose entire purpose in life was to destroy the nation as it was then conceived. …

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10. dweston

dweston Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Duane
    Boat:
    yours
    So why is it so hard to accept the fact that our country, The United States of America was founded on God fearing people with Christian morals and values. Be it right or wrong that is our history. One points out slavery and raping and pillaging of the Indians land. If we look through out history this is nothing new. The Roman Empire is a prime example. The fact of the matter is that it happened plain and simple. Whether it was right, justified or immoral doesn't really matter. You cannot change the past. Acceptance is the key. The fact that we can debate this in our country is huge, so before you shit on the constitution, the flag, or the rich white slave owners who shaped this county you may want to in fact thank them for having the foresight to allow us our religious freedoms. We are fortunate that we do not live under government censorship and can express ourselves freely. For all those who want to remove the cross for whatever reason, do yourselves a favor and actually visit the site. It would do you well to see the names of those that" gave it all" so you can speak freely to remove a little history. I applaud the men and women that have served and are currently serving our country to protect our freedoms and rights. As it has been said before if you do not like what "America" stands for you are free to leave any time. God bless you all,
    Merry Christmas.

11. ConSeaMate

ConSeaMate Legend in my own mind

Name:
    Buster Brown
    Boat:
    28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
    Free time because I am disabled.....and I feel this Country is the Greatest Country on the Planet......Humility?......you obviously don't know me or my family......so that's were you go when you don't have facts to post?......you don't want to see the other side either.....what you say is the only thing you will believe......

12. OILAGER

OILAGER Hecho en Estados Unidos

Name:
    Wayne
    Boat:
    Grady White 228 Seafarer "GOTTA GET'M"
    You have just described what most politicians do with 50% of their time, the other 50% is used planning their re-election.

13. eric harner

Name:
    Azlandlocked
    Boat:
    RRII, PV, the Big X
    No problem seeing the other side actually found most of post very informational . Believe it or not history is something I enjoy studying to this day. Yes I do agree this is a Great Country to live in and yes we are very fortunate to live here. Sorry you are disabled at this time .You are also correct in that I don't know you or you'r family I'm sure you & your family are very nice people. But that's not the point people like to talk about humility but the proof is how we conduct ourselves beyond our families & close friends , it's from the heat either you got it or you don't. My father was a WW2 vet spent 5 years over seas came back with a purple heart almost made the ultimate sacrifice having said that we were raised to respect this nation of ours and what it stands for. He was the most humble man I have ever known. I suppose you are a FACT kind person good luck with that. I'm out .

14. Aggro

Aggro Keepin my pimp hand strong!

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    You (actually plenty of you) need to figure out the difference between a personal attack and something copied and pasted off the internet. The word "you" in verbatim usually means "all of you" as in the public. I hardly doubt someone writing something a year ago knows it is ~you~ reading it.

15. wils

wils lazy-ass well known "member"

Name:
    bill
    Boat:
    I hate boats
    I still love saluki rant-threads....even though I cant find my original reply anywhere around here.

16. Saluki

Saluki .

Name:
    Mika Tan
    Boat:
    "MoorZilla"

Page 7

Have a Merry Christmas "wils" :_happytos

17. ConSeaMate

Name:
    Buster Brown
    Boat:
    One last thing.....Merry Christmas.......<label for="rb_iconid_10">[​IMG]</label>.......

18. Tues

Tues Not my job...

Name:
    Penis
    Don't worry, Eric. ConSeaMate is a fag. Take that personal attack you Charger fan!

[​IMG]

19. Jig Strike

Jig Strike . . . new and improved

Name:
    Glenn
    Boat:
    Ho Ho Ho
    I am an atheist who is not bothered by the existence of religion.

That cross on Mt. Soledad honors men and women who died fighting for the side of good and right.

It is a symbol of and for those people, not a church.
    San Diego would be less of a city if it were gone.

20. ConSeaMate

Name:
    Buster Brown
    Boat:
    :rofl:....fuck off you cumsuckingsockabuser........:rofl:.....