Marcus

"Oddjob"
May 21, 2004
Carlsbad
Name
Marcus
Boat
Tuna Jihad toilet cleaner/Intrepid
I have no problem with a US Soldier that was a Muslim displaying his symbol........he/she earned it.....

If the cross on Mt Soledad was a crescent and star instead what would your feelings be? (Not being inflammatory or trying to infer anything with this question, just want to get an honest answer)

If public funds were being used for it then the people fighting against the cross would have the same argument for removing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tues

Not my job...
Mar 17, 2008
Saluki
Name
Penis
The Obama administration and the Mount Soledad Memorial Association, which erected the cross, appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court, supported by 20 U.S. states and various veterans groups in arguing the cross should be allowed as part of the memorial.

Cannot blame Obama on this one...:D

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
If the cross on Mt Soledad was a crescent and star instead what would your feelings be? (Not being inflammatory or trying to infer anything with this question, just want to get an honest answer)

If public funds were being used for it then the people fighting against the cross would have the same argument for removing it.

If that was the way it was originally erected I would feel the same way I do about the cross.......

Upvote 0

Marcus

"Oddjob"
May 21, 2004
Carlsbad
Name
Marcus
Boat
Tuna Jihad toilet cleaner/Intrepid
If that was the way it was originally erected I would feel the same way I do about the cross.......

Cool. We're both on the same page.

Upvote 0

J.AkuHed

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 5, 2003
Temecula
Visit site
Name
Jim
Boat
Your boat!
. . .BTW, our president didn't place his hand on the Bible when he was sworn in, at least that's what I read somewhere on the internet, it was the Koran or some sort of manifesto.
BTW' Obama actually used 2 bibles at his inauguration, the 1st was Lincoln's bible, from the Library of Congress used in President Lincoln's 1861 swearing in and Martin Luther King's bible, provided by the King family.

Happy John?

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    In 2010 The Supreme Court ruled that a cross, in and of itself, is not a symbol of Christianity and therefore is not an establishment of religion. Justice Anthony M. Kennedy wrote, "the Constitution does not oblige government to avoid any public acknowledgment of religion's role in society." From what I understand, the cross on Mt. Soledad was erected in 1954 to honor Korean War veterans…..

If crosses on federal land are so unsettling….maybe those who are bothered by them should seek to have these removed as well:
    View attachment 487829

Amen......... Well said!!!

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
    Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Discussion, no name calling or I'll make the noob close it. :rofl: So far so good. You guys dress up nice some times. Bill Hillies.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
    Sep 6, 2005
    Escondido
    Name
    Buster Brown
    Boat
    28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
    Discussion, no name calling or I'll make the noob close it. :rofl: So far so good. You guys dress up nice some times. Bill Hillies.

Stop with the threats spandex boy........don't you have a team to go worry about?......

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
    Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Stop with the threats spandex boy........don't you have a team to go worry about?......

You are so getting the biggest piece of coal this year you two. :rofl:

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
    ramona /ca/usa
    Name
    doug
    Boat
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    Upvote 0