da eslits

Almost A Member
Jun 25, 2010
hawaii
Name
mark
Boat
none
William Aila and the Demonic Left are working Very hard at Destroying our Culture of Fishing and hunting, which have been Enjoyed by our Ancestors for Generations. All these Draconion regulations on fishing. Now they want me to register my Hunting Dogs and limit how many I can have??? What the Hell is this Crap!!! This has Nothing to do with so called conservation, protecting endangered species or the environment. NO!!! These Clowns serve Money, the United Nations, and their Quest to control All of the Earth and its Resources. The British Crown wants it ALL!!! Aila is a Red Coat Trader to The People of Hawaii and he Knows it! Who made these Scumbags God? Time to take back our Inherent Rights to All Land, Waters and Resources!!! We don't want to end up in their Gulag...

Upvote 0

fishhawaii

Jul 26, 2010
Kailua,HI
Don't forget after November 10, 2014 if you are hooked up fighting a fish and a DLNR officer observes someone on your vessel touch the steering wheel who does not have a license to operate you are subject to a $1,000.00 fine and or thirty days in jail. Best part is the DLNR will be your judge and jury. Good luck!

Age Restrictions
No person under 15 years of age may operate a PWC.

There is no minimum age to take the online course and boater exam.

Enforcement
Hawaii law enforcement officers patrol the waterways to make your boating experience safe and pleasant. Cooperate with them by following the laws and guidelines.

Carry the Card Vessel operators who are required to have a Boater Education Card must carry the card on board the vessel and have it available for inspection by an enforcement officer.

Penalty Not carrying your Boater Education Card when one is required can result in a fine.

A. Any person violating this rule shall be fined not less than $50 and not more than $1000 or sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not more than thirty days, or both, for each violation; the court may also prevent an individual from operating a vessel in State waters of the State for up to 30 days.

Upvote 0

da eslits

Almost A Member
Jun 25, 2010
hawaii
Name
mark
Boat
none
Holy Crap!!! Adolf Hitler reincarnated as William Aila!!! Add Stalin in there as Well!!! These Tyrants are taking us to Hell in a Hand Basket!!! And we paid for the Bino's that they'll use to Spy on us and make their case!!! Or did we buy them Drones??? Hope these Parasites know their history well. If they take out the Host Population in which they Feed upon, they to Will Fall!!! Selling their Souls to the Devil. Not Worth It. Not Worth IT...

Upvote 0

abdiver7777

abdiver7777
Jul 2, 2009
So Cal
Name
Sir2you
Boat
No Name........
LMAO.....

I have intermittently both fished and dove HI and even owned a home and lived and worked there for a time. From my perspective some regulation to protect the natural resources should have started 100 years ago..... In hindsight the Brits should have declared them a National Park.... too late now...

Currently as I understand no one (sportfishing) needs any kind of license to catch a fish there and now that the population on these islands has exploded it is clear as the water there that the animal life inshore has been decimated by the subsistence over-fishing. As I recall HI is a hardcore Blue state and anyone with a boat must be a millionaire and that's not fair..... talk to the "Have Nots" and "Won't Work" there and they'll tell you that those millionaires and tourist should be taxed at 90% if that what it takes to keep those welfare checks coming. Here in Taxifornia when it becomes difficult to call something a tax they just call it a fee..... better get used to it....

Some regulation is a good thing though and if the punishment is severe enough some of the behavior by asshats on boats will lessen.....

Carry on....

Upvote 0

Cloulyday

Jun 12, 2014
Name
Fisherman
Boat
Power Boat
You can take the boaters course on line at BoatUS.com for free. It take some time but at your own pace. When your done print the certificate.

Upvote 0

da eslits

Almost A Member
Jun 25, 2010
hawaii
Name
mark
Boat
none
True Hawaii's fish stalks have depleted and Agenda Free regulations are needed. But our mountains are Overflowing with Game yet the DLNR Mafia is fencing off all the hunting grounds and Want to Eradicate to Kingdom Come. The Militarized Nature Conservancy is Chopping Down and Poisoning Hundred Plus year old tree's, not the Wildlife. They also Gun down Herds of Sheep and Goats for Fun from Helicopters, friends of mine testify to that! And no, my dogs don't hunt Endangered Snails or Lava Tube Bugs, just hogs. And we don't waste time messing with Endangered Plants and birds, so they Lose that argument. The DLNR is a Revenue Collector for Big State and they are Growing like a Cancer, Eating away at us to the Bone. Major Chemo Therapy is Needed Here!!!

Upvote 0

abdiver7777

abdiver7777
Jul 2, 2009
So Cal
Name
Sir2you
Boat
No Name........
Abdiver7777, I hope that post was 90% sarcasm... up to the part about the asshats with boats.
No....
That's pretty much my honest opinion.....

Hawaii is still it's own country with its own culture but it is simply funded and protected by the USA.... it's a parasitic relationship due to its strategic location.

All this just my opinion based on my own experience..... no sarcasm intended, just my non-PC opinion.....

As far as regulation being a good thing.... I watched the State of California F&G drag it's feet while commercial fishing operations literally raped the California inshore areas with gill nets. Same with Abalone..... too many people harvesting the resource with the mentality of "I'm gonna get whatever I can before someone else gets it"..... I get that some people struggle to make it so they feel they need to take advantage of every chance that presents itself without regard to sustaining the resource..... this is where govt regulation can help preserve the resource.... sadly once it's gone there is little chance of recovery.....

Upvote 0

popoki

Nov 20, 2009
Formerly of Hanapepe Kauai, now Honolulu
Name
Quintin
Boat
"Ho'oKele" 26 Alii Kai
"LMAO.....

I have intermittently both fished and dove HI and even owned a home and lived and worked there for a time. From my perspective some regulation to protect the natural resources should have started 100 years ago..... In hindsight the Brits should have declared them a National Park.... too late now...

Currently as I understand no one (sportfishing) needs any kind of license to catch a fish there and now that the population on these islands has exploded it is clear as the water there that the animal life inshore has been decimated by the subsistence over-fishing. As I recall HI is a hardcore Blue state and anyone with a boat must be a millionaire and that's not fair..... talk to the "Have Nots" and "Won't Work" there and they'll tell you that those millionaires and tourist should be taxed at 90% if that what it takes to keep those welfare checks coming. Here in Taxifornia when it becomes difficult to call something a tax they just call it a fee..... better get used to it....

Some regulation is a good thing though and if the punishment is severe enough some of the behavior by asshats on boats will lessen.....

Carry on...."

Well, I have to say its a bit misguided.
100 years ago and many before that there were laws in place to regulate the harvest of the natural resources, this all changed with the US taking hold of the Islands
The Brits didn't need to, nor were they ever in a position to do so, Hawaii was never a British territory, in fact we're recognized by the Brits as a Sovereign Nation!
Currently a fishing license is only required for fresh water fishing. If you are a commercial fishing you need a separate CML license to sell your catch, A GE license, and you'll get taxed twice a year depending upon your productivity/profit.
As far as the population exploding, How is this any locals fault? no one forced you to move here. as afar as I'm concerned a lot of the people need to go back to where they came from.
I will agree with you saying the inshore waters have been over fished, both by the subsistence fisherman, the commercial guys (usual there are the same people trying to make a living and provide for their families) and by the mismanagement of the state, there are several introduced/invasive species doing as much if not more damage than the fisheries alone!
As most of us on here own our own boats/vessels, its safe to say we're not millionaires! A 90% tax would only force the locals to leave, or do further damage to our resources trying to feed our families and survive. if we're are not here who is? and rich elitist society? NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
Hawaii relies on tourism as its main industry, as we have very little to export.

It is in no way its own country, if you didn't see this while you were here, then you might have been part of the problem. It is a parasitic relationship, the parasite being western in nature!
I am a "have not" I am also born and raised here, I will work anywhere that will pay me fairly! I grew up on welfare and I can tell you this, welfare is gonna be farewel soon! Id be willing to bet the ones who say we should be taxed more are probably living off the system.... You can take your taxes and fees and keep em in Taxifornia

Upvote 0

da eslits

Almost A Member
Jun 25, 2010
hawaii
Name
mark
Boat
none
This is how it needs to be. Debates, Idea's and Solutions to our waters, land and resources belong in the hands of "WE THE PEOPLE", not these Corrupt politicians and bureaucrats who Worship Money, Power and Control. We are the Producers of the World and we don't need these Clowns Sucking us Dry. George Washington said Keep government small and on a Leash at All times, for it is like Fire, a Dangerous Servant and a Fearful Master. We have Millions of Fishermen/ Women and Hunters Voices out there. What's your take on these matters...?

Upvote 0

da eslits

Almost A Member
Jun 25, 2010
hawaii
Name
mark
Boat
none
Just thought i'd pass on a quote by the late Cecil John Rhodes, whom the 1902 Rhodes Scholarship at the University of Oxford was formed. "Why should we not form a Secret Society with but one object, the furtherance of the British Empire and the bringing of the Whole World under British Rule?" There are thousands of Rhodes Scholars in positions of Power and influence around the world. I don't think the British Crown believe's in Anyone's Sovereignty...

Upvote 0

abdiver7777

abdiver7777
Jul 2, 2009
So Cal
Name
Sir2you
Boat
No Name........
This is how it needs to be. Debates, Idea's and Solutions to our waters, land and resources belong in the hands of "WE THE PEOPLE", not these Corrupt politicians and bureaucrats who Worship Money, Power and Control. We are the Producers of the World and we don't need these Clowns Sucking us Dry. George Washington said Keep government small and on a Leash at All times, for it is like Fire, a Dangerous Servant and a Fearful Master. We have Millions of Fishermen/ Women and Hunters Voices out there. What's your take on these matters...?
I agree with you that the Govt should remain small and I consider my political views to be aligned with the Tea Party with respect to literal interpretation to our Constitution. Sadly our system is flawed and we have professional politicians who never had real jobs. Our system of Govt was intended to be comprised of full time citizens that were part time politicians. Political legislation is now all self-serving for those in power and no longer effected with a perspective of "what is best for country"

That said Govt has a place..... I want them protecting our borders and commerce. I also want them to protect the masses from business that might take advantage of their power and resources and pollute and pillage natural resources for personal gain. I also believe Govt has a responsibility to make sure things like airplanes and cars are safe....etc:

Welfare has morphed from the idea of temporary assistance to a way of life.... it's human nature to protect ones own resources and welfare has been allowed to become not only an alternative lifestyle that propagates multiple generations. Left wing politicians know that the more welfare they hand out and get people reliant on the more votes they get.

It is our responsibility to vote for those who make these legislative decisions..... don't blame the politicians... blame the general population that has lazily let this happen over the past 60 years..... Our success has made us lazy..... our system of Govt is doomed to the fate of the Roman Empire.... History has proved that excessive luxury and opulent living will collapses our Govt.... Stick around and watch I don't think were far away....

Upvote 0

fishhawaii

Jul 26, 2010
Kailua,HI
Wow you guys go pretty deep. Great debate but the fact is the Kaneohe Sandbar issue, along with the penguin, gave DLNR the opportunity to grab power. They were allowed to make up their own laws and violate peoples rights by holding some form of a hearing in their offices. No judge no jury. This became their tool for funding overtime and more people. The part that most people don't know is if you read the small print it says they can fine you up to $10,000.00 for any of these marine violations. They made themselves the police, the judge, and jury and have taken away your rights. If you get cited for a violation like no license, the officer is allowed to submit testimony that contradicts every witnesses statements, or any common sense explanation. Then they bring you into Kangaroo Court and establish the fine. If you bring a lawyer and try to appeal, then the Attorney general shows up and tells you if you lose the appeal the fine will be $10,000.00. Remember they wanted to make the sandbar alcohol ban 12 weekends and election day. It is all about funding just like the licensing issue. While I do not appose education and licensing for boaters, researching the actual boating accident rate in Hawaii vs what DLNR presented as our accident rate will surprise you.

The worst part about this is the sandbar (non) issue could have been controlled by DLNR if they just did their job and enforced existing laws. It was a power grab on many fronts that was allowed by our (still wondering why he lost the election) Governor.

In my opinion Hawaii is past due for regulation to protect the resource. As a prime example why is the Hawaii Long line fleet allowed to target pallets of Mahimahi and bring these mangled discolored frozen fish to market? The real answer is corruption. Donate campaign funds and no laws are written. The other real answer is the Hawaii state government can't see the value in that fish being caught by a charter boat or weekend warrior that spends so much more money visiting the local fishing store, purchasing ice, paying state fees, to support the economy.

Another example is the devastating effect RIMPAC had on our fishery this year. During that exercise Kona and Maui continued to catch Ahi while the species disappeared from Oahu's waters and have not returned. I remember in the Kaneohe bay hovercraft issue Aila was quoted as saying "the military can do whatever they want in Hawaii".

It's not all Aila's fault either. If you look at the scope of his job and compare it with the funding the State allows, none of us would take the job.

As a lifelong resident I am tired of giving my state money so they can spend it on someone else. I'm tired of driving on bumpy roads at home and seeing the difference in funding when visiting other states. I want my boating monies to do research and help protect the resource, not destroy it.

I hate to say this but it's probably time the Hawaii recreational/commercial fishermen form a unified voice or someone else will decide the destiny of the fishery for you. You know how that always ends.

Upvote 0

da eslits

Almost A Member
Jun 25, 2010
hawaii
Name
mark
Boat
none
Way to Go my Brothers!!! Wisdom and Truth is Coming Out Now!!! Together We can put this system back in Check and Get the Moral Compass Heading back to True North!!! There are Many More Voices out there to be Heard. Now's the Time! Bring it On!!!

Upvote 0

fishhawaii

Jul 26, 2010
Kailua,HI
DOBOR cites U.S. Coast Guard data on 10 years of recreational boating accidents, to show how important mandatory education is, and that an educated boater is a safer boater.

Hawai‘i is mentioned in the study as a state that has some form of mandatory education (for all thrill craft operators only) with a fatality rate of 10.46 per 100,000 vessels. Hawaii ranked fifth on the list of highest fatality rates.

Hawai‘i has a seemingly low annual recreational boating fatality count (since 1995 there has been an average of 2.88 fatalities per year). Highly publicized boating related fatalities in Hawai‘i have inspired bills to require boater safety education training but none have gained the needed momentum to move through the Legislature to establish a statute and this has prompted DOBOR to propose a new Hawaii Administrative Rule to achieve mandatory boating education.

The truth, Fatality rates are generated by the number of boats registered vs the number of fatalities. It also depends on the number of accidents. I really don't remember Hawaii having 28 boating accidents in 2012.

FIVE YEAR SUMMARY OF SELECTED ACCIDENT DATA BY STATE 2012

Florida 2012 662 accidents 48 Fatal 50 Deaths

Hawaii 2012 28 accidents 5 Fatal 5 Deaths

Hawaii registered vessels 13,367
Florida 870,749

Fatality rate (per 100,000) registered vessels
Hawaii 29%
Florida 6.7%

Hawaii is one of the very few states to have no boating accident related deaths caused by alcohol consumption. Too bad Mr. Aila didn't see the ideal time to thank the responsible boaters of Hawaii. Instead he chose to make new laws to punish them.

Hawaii is among the states with the highest boating accident death rate per capita in the country. Between 2008-2012, according to Coast Guard statistics, more than 100 boating accidents took place, leading to 25 deaths in-state. Recreational boating accidents can result in serious injury, or even death, and may have any number of causes.
In reality the highly publicized cases they are referring to in 2012 were 2 para-sailing accidents. All of which Captains would not need to be licensed by state law as they are licensed by the USCG. Basically they changed the statistics, avoided the legislative process, and made their own laws where they are the judge and jury.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

da eslits

Almost A Member
Jun 25, 2010
hawaii
Name
mark
Boat
none
As for the Free online Boaters Education Card. " Submission, That's a Bit of a Problem" to Quote King Leonidas of the Spartan's... If we Submit to the Will of the DLNR, "God King Xerxes of the Persians", to this particular regulation, won't we then Start the Process of Funding, Equipping and Expanding them, Millions upon Millions of Dollars Nation Wide, to Police Us in the Ocean, Thus turning Our Play Ground into a Nazi Gestapo??? And Citations, Imprisonment, Attorney fee's, the whole Enchilada, Will it all end up being Free??? Will we have any money left to buy Fuel, ice, tackle etc.??? Will we then have to sell our boat, equipment, so forth to fund the continuance of their operations. Who will they then Police??? As the numbers show, Hawaii's Boaters are Responsible. Should we Quietly Submit??? Submission, that may be a Bit of a Problem...

Upvote 0

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
Mar 9, 2014
SoCal
Name
Ray
Boat
23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
I have been to Hawaii twice, one doing a operation on the big island and once on vacation, loved both trips. This situation is way off track to making a better future.
Maybe the most infamous person born there has something to do with this...

Reactions: finishright
Upvote 0

da eslits

Almost A Member
Jun 25, 2010
hawaii
Name
mark
Boat
none
Kenya Maybe? Because We here in Hawaii Do not take credit for Mr. Ebola, Obola, "Lord and Savior", which ever one make's you happy. Full credit for this Marxist Scumbag belongs to Mr. Soros and the Royal's. He really belongs on Saturn with the rest of his kind. Off track? Taking down the front line's is a pretty good start. But they already released their Weaponized Ebola so you are probably Right...

Upvote 0

thebigdog123

Almost A Member
Jan 30, 2012
honolulu
Name
mike
Boat
none
Aila is a lame duck. The question is, will his successor give a rat's a** about hunting and fishing?
If it's Ige... then probably not. Liberal democrats don't really want to talk to us. Pandering to
the Nature Conservancy, Earth Justice etc...brings them plenty of $$$. Fencing off prime hunting grounds,
chaining access roads, it's all coming in a big way. Saving the watersheds is just double speak for
denying us access. Wait for these same tree huggers to try and keep us from fishing in porpoise schools...
Auwe.

Upvote 0

Cloulyday

Jun 12, 2014
Name
Fisherman
Boat
Power Boat
The online boaters course is free. Have you ever driven a car in Bali? Simple rules of the road making driving a car safer. Boats too. Its really not that hard to learn a little about safety. The life it saves might be yours.

Reactions: Ser Sicklefin
Upvote 0

da eslits

Almost A Member
Jun 25, 2010
hawaii
Name
mark
Boat
none
Read the book Eco Science: Population, Resources, Environment written by John P. Holdren, Senior Advisor to President Obama.(1051 pages) You may change your position on Submitting to a free on line boaters coarse or any regulation for that matter...

Upvote 0

Ser Sicklefin

Jul 21, 2011
Sicklesberg
Name
Ser Sicklefin
Boat
Eastern Steed
With respect to DLNR's acting as "judge and jury", I actually really like this approach to resource management. Here are some reasons why:

- Legislature doesn't give a fuck about natural resources. They fund less than 200 officers statewide and give them a really small operating budget. This makes it nearly impossible for DOCARE to enforce our natural resource laws, a big problem since they are responsible for roughly 3 million acres of conservation land, 3 million acres of coastal waters and the 4th largest amount of coastline in the U.S.

- Violations issued under the new system are civil- not criminal. If you get popped, you can contest or pay a fine (like a parking ticket) and it doesn't go on your criminal record. That money goes back to DLNR for enforcement instead of going into the General Fund for the Legislature to use.

- The hearing officer has discretion to reduce or waive the fine, or they can impose a max penalty if evidence shows that the person is an egregious or habitual offender. People who derive their primary income from raping the resource make things shitty for the rest of us.

- If you feel the hearing officer fucked you, you can appeal to the Board by initiating a contested case proceeding (basically allows you to take your case to the Board and argue in public against the HO's determination). If you feel the contested case fucked you, you can appeal directly to circuit court. This may seem cumbersome, but the prospect of a smackdown from the Board or Circuit Court keeps the Hearing Officer in check. We'll see how this plays out, but in most cases I'd imagine that you'll get a fair shake if you have a good reason why you shouldn't be fined.

- Attempts to prosecute the worst offenders have failed. Prosecutors don't have time to research resource violations, which represent a fraction of their daily caseload, and it's hard to meet the criminal burden of proof- even though in most cases there's a reasonable certainty that a violation has occurred. Judges who are dealing with domestic violence/DUI cases have a hard time understanding the impact that taking a bunch of undersized moi/lobster has on the resource. So the worst offenders get off and are free to return to their ways, depleting a common resource that we all depend on for food/recreation/income. This fucks responsible users aka most people.

- Housing the Hearing Officer w/in DLNR is a good thing. This person will have actual knowledge about hunting/fishing and resources, unlike the prosecutor's/judiciary, which spends 99% of its time dealing with the penal code and HPD. Try check the cases where judges have returned illegal laynets to offenders. In a lot of respects, this actually makes government "smaller" by removing these cases from prosecutors and judges and allowing them to be quickly and efficiently resolved "in house".

We currently have an ineffective enforcement regime, which allows a few "bad apples" to prosper while the rest of us are left with depleted resources (esp. with respect to inshore fisheries). Something gotta change. I think the Hearing Officer model is much closer than what we currently have to the Konohiki management system employed by the Hawaiians prior to and just after western contact.

Just my $.02

Upvote 0