Kman

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
My neighbor and I took my sled out for a 51 mile tour of Izor’s, the Shoe and PV. Weather was as predicted with a breeze from the SE. We must have hit 50 or more spots for 18 bass to 3.5# and a short slimer. It was that slow. Temp was 58-59 degrees and you could not tell current as the SE wind was fairly stiff. Since the fishing sucked big hairy, smelly, sweaty donkey balls, I’m thinking there was no current. There must have been a memo or something saying the fishing was going to suck, cause we were like the only ones out there.

I did manage to map the new PVAR and identify most of the rockpiles.

Anyways the boat ran great and we didn’t sink it or get arrested or towed. It was a great day on the water.

4E22DAB0-D080-431F-9AD6-9358CE680BA9.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ditch work

Almost A Member
Mar 25, 2009
West LA, CA
Name
Will Lin
Boat
I wish
Which nav charts u using? I want that. Right now I just use Google maps to pre game structure, then transfer those spots to my active captain manually.... but I'm pretty tired of it.

Upvote 0

Kman

Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
Which nav charts u using? I want that. Right now I just use Google maps to pre game structure, then transfer those spots to my active captain manually.... but I'm pretty tired of it.
Navionics Platinum (might be platinum plus) with relief shading. Getting started isn’t intuitive though. Once you get the card, you have to then put it in a computer, log on to Navionics, download the relief shading to the card (takes at least 30 minutes) then tell your plotter to show photo overlay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kman

Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
What transducer are you guys using? Looks very clear for a lowrance.
3 in 1, though I’m looking to add a B175HW for the up and down.

Upvote 0

LEC

Almost A Member
Dec 15, 2005
Garden Grove Ca.
Name
Larry Crownover
Boat
20 ft. Invader LC
Thanks for the report. My last trip, fri, was for rockfish. Got 9 around but got beat up coming in. Took 16-24 oz weight and a large sea anchor to slow down the drift enough to stay down.

ANGLING ALLEN

Almost A Member
  • Apr 14, 2006
    Fullerton
    Name
    Larry
    Boat
    finatic
    You got out, you caught fish... I'm jealous!! Can't wait until the wind dies down, the thunderstorms disappear, and the water warms up. Thanks for the report!

Upvote 0

Tunaslam

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Apr 25, 2003
    Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
    Name
    Cory Visser
    Boat
    N/A
    Good effort Kurt and we all know there have been worse days on the water.

Upvote 0