No Fish For Me in 8-1 or 8-2

Discussion in 'Washington Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by Stumpy, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy Newbie

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    20' Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL
    Started the day at Elger Bay with my son, found some bait and and trolled it hard with a Red Racer Coyote and a White Lightning Coho Killer. Not even a sniff! Water was a bit rough due to the howling winds out of the SE so we headed over to East Point/Baby Island and tried Hootchies, more Coyotes, Coho Killers, Plugs, even threw down a Point Defiance Spoon. NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH!
    Maybe I should have bought some bait?
    Never saw another another net, Although Fishnut had a fish on for a few minutes on the NorthWest side of Baby Island where the water was really rough. I could see his boat bobbing up and down and I think he lost the fish due to the Wind & Waves as he could not get turned around with his kicker on the TR1. At least he had some action.
    First time for me out there since Thanksgiving. Nice to get back out there and knock off a bit of the rust.
    Speaking of corrosion, my port Windshield wiper basically came apart and failed. Isn't boat ownership just a joy?
    All in all a good day though. Only 4 fished weighed in for the PSA SnoKing Members/Guest Derby.
    67 tickets sold not sure how many actually made it out.
    Here is the link to the leaderboard;
    Members-Only Blackmouth Derby 2/27/10 | Results Summary
    Looking forward to warmer, more productive days.

2. Hoghunter

Hoghunter Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    nonya
    What you see is what you get Stumpy. What you experience today has been the rule in area's 8 and 9 for about a month now. It's flat been dead.

I'm not even going to waste my gas unless it's to travel north or west to the Straits and/or San Juans with the Straits being my first pick.

3. blackmouther

blackmouther 10%er during Salmon Season

Name:
    Fowlmotuher
    Boat:
    Shopping
    I don't think I would give up that easy. The fishing will pick up it is just a matter of time. Area 7 and the straits haven't been that great either. Check the creel report especially the penninsula portion.

4. At least you got out...Very few Blackmouth reports, take what you can get. Even if all you get is working the gear. That is a great area. We have done well there and also have done Shitty. kinda like anywhere Blackmouth season..

5. Willapa

Willapa Member

Name:
    Stu
    Boat:
    24' North River Seahawk O/S
    I didn't have much luck either. Started out in Area 9 in Useless Bay, 1 good hookup right off the bat, but lost it before seeing it. Then, nothing. Moved to Possession Bar, then the Shipwreck and finished at Hat with a big zero for the day. The forecast was for light winds and wind waves of 1' or less. Way off. More like 2-4 with winds of 15-25. Tough day, but at least I was out on the water.

6. plumbwolf

plumbwolf polywogg

Name:
    Jay
    Boat:
    Duckworth 26 OS Lucky Louise Twin 150 Yamaha's 9.9 Kicker
    We started out of Edmonds on Saturday fished PNP and headed to Double bluff then Possesion then Browns bay nothing not even a bump
    It was a little windy saw Bigger Fish and K & C. Dropping the boat off for bottom paint next trip Anacortes Derby

7. fishchasr

fishchasr Member

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    2052 Trophy "Reelaxation"
    Sharpen your hooks fella's... next derby in 20 days. :)

8. blackmouther

blackmouther 10%er during Salmon Season

Name:
    Fowlmotuher
    Boat:
    Shopping
    What about the hot plugs? Not going to do it fishchasr?

9. Bigger Fish

Bigger Fish Captain-Team Crocs, (RET)

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    22' Arima Sea Legend
    Yeah, well...ditto on all these reports. Started at PNP, hit Possession, ended at Hat. Uncooperative fish, uncooperative kids, made for a tough day. But was nice to be out.

Only 4 fish were weighed out of 67 tickets for the PSA derby, so it was obviously a brutal day...

Next stop, San Juans for the ling/hali opener!

10. Salmonmoocher

Salmonmoocher "Holding My Own Rod"

Name:
    Billy Bob
    Boat:
    27' Grady White "Main Break Too", 17' Seaswirl CC "Salmonmoocher"
    Get REAL accustomed to this kind of "Fishing" in Washington. I've lived here for 23 years and watched the fishing diminish to what you're experiencing now. With budget cuts / Hatchery closures and the explosion of the seal population, does anyone honestly believe the fishing will get any better? Cuz' for the past 23 years it has Not.
    BB

11. Tower Todd

Tower Todd Number #2

Name:
    Todd S.
    Boat:
    274' Long Range
    Thanks for the report.

12. fishchasr

fishchasr Member

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    2052 Trophy "Reelaxation"
    Do what? The Derby? Yeah, I'll be there with bells on. :)