widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
Jan 12, 2010
Kurt's neighborhood
Name
Tony
Boat
Tarpon 140
I'm Working on sunset cliffs and have watched quite a few flights going south over the last couple days. Also saw a flight of sprig landing in the mouth of th SD river this evening.
Good signs for this coming weekend.

Upvote 0

af dreamer

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
The Mecca area has been slow for us since the opener.About a 3 bird avg but have had a few chances at the geese.I know one member has killed 4 with one being lost to a bordering club.Caretaker told me some new birds have moved in the week.Idaho has been below freezing this week which should push birds down.Tom

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
I had some duck jerky :D Was pretty good.

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
Just heard from our club manager. Lots of snows showing up and the pins are coming in as well.

We're gonna give it a go tomorrow.

Reactions: dave_k and gearho
Upvote 0

dave_k

Feb 26, 2008
Westlake Village
Name
Dave
Boat
Whaler
Had a pretty good hunt at SJ on Wednesday. Based on the differences in the amount of fat on them when cleaning 'em, I'd definitely say there are new birds in the area.

Good luck to you guys hunting this weekend.

Reactions: Bendo28
Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
one more good storm and it's game on....there was snow in south central eastern Oregon over the last few days

Upvote 0

Sluester

I kill stuff
Jul 22, 2003
Lakeside
Name
Mike
Boat
Killin time, Bill Collector
Dam dismal. Was going to set up this afternoon but decided just look around. No puddlers around. Time to go on the big water tomorrow after the morning shoot.

Upvote 0

MeCrankMate

TheLegendOfTheLuckyScale
Sep 4, 2006
Meridian, Id
Name
Scott
Boat
Float Tube "Shark Dougnut"
We just got slammed with some nice snow these last few days, prior to that there was minimal bird movement for this time of year. Now its jumping!! Lots of birds on the move... my guess is that you will be seeing a bump in activity down your way sooner rather than later

Reactions: Sluester
Upvote 0

af dreamer

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
Our club in Mecca had a great shoot today,lots of new Widgeon and geese.We had a snow early on the club,I was out about 8:30 with 4 widgeon and 3 teal.Shot like crap or would have been out by 7.Mallards were on the water untill 5 min before shooting.I think they all ended up with limits.Tom

Upvote 0

A-5_Guy

Stupid Operations Capable
Dec 27, 2009
Escondido
Name
Dave
Boat
OK Prowler Big Game
SJ had a lot of new birds this morning. We sweat lined it and got on #11. We were in the less desirable area but I scratched out a few birds. Looked like A LOT of Wigeon have shown up. Our groups mix was comprised of a mallard, spoon tangs, and GWT. I knocked down a Pintail and Wigeon, but they flew directly to the adjacent blind and were folded promptly...guess I should shoot better; but, it was nice to work them into the decoys for once.

Reactions: widgeon
Upvote 0

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat
None
Last week on the full moon my buddy and I had limits of straight widgeon in less than 30 minutes. Big flights decoying well. Being on the X helped...

Upvote 0

Jeff92

May 27, 2014
Name
Jeff
Boat
None
Did well Saturday and Sunday Also saw 4 honkers but flying way high.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upvote 0

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    I'll start reporting in December when I start going (kids soccer and deer in the way). No one's been at the club on a regular basis. Ali said it was a 2 bird average with spoon/sprig last Saturday.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
    Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Those spoonies are great table fare :rofl:

Upvote 0