No 22" Butt, sorry Rocky...just a bass for Ron.

PENN

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
11-20-11

Got invited out on by my friend Ron, on his 23' Parker to go spend a few hours hunting the Box Canyon Area.
Headed out around 7 am, got a nice half scoop of 5"-8" dines, and made the turn out of the harbor into decent, but choppy gray waters.
IMG_5056-1.jpg

BAsically we drifted the Box Canyon area for about five hours. The current was ripping, and add that the wind, it took 16 oz's of weight to keep our baits on the bottom, in about 60 feet of water.

We had lots of hits, and a few ripped baits, but only managed one nice Sandy.
IMG_5058-1.jpg

Water was clean, gray green, with decent viz. Didn't get a H20 tmp. Best i can guess, a chilly 59-60.

We called it a day at 1 pm, as the rain was coming down pretty hard, and the wind and swell were way up....Still a nice day on the water, and always good to hook up wit Ron, as it had been quite awhile since we last fished together.

Thanks again Ron for the invite...had a great time, and it was nice to catch up. Look forward to fishing again soon.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
The water actually looks pretty fishy to me, for what I like to fish for.
At least you got out Mike.

Upvote 0

thegrau

Almost A Member
Dec 1, 2005
Mission viejo
Name
Ron
Boat
Robalo R220
Thanks for the company Mike. You're always welcome aboard. Hopefully next time we get into em.
Like you said, at least we goyt the skunk off the boat.

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
The water actually looks pretty fishy to me, for what I like to fish for.
At least you got out Mike.

John, lots of bites..and great makes on the screen. But Ron and i both suck at fishing. LOL We were really hoping for a Butt, but the drift was way to fast....and when we went on anchor, we couldn't get a bite to save our life....it was really difficult to set the hook on top of the fish due to the wind and current.

Upvote 0