BluefinCurly

Skipper
Aug 15, 2004
Norwalk
Name
Carl
Boat
Vagabond, The Last Minute
Just a reminder for anyone hunting the fuge this weekend, the Seventh Annual CWA Dinner in Niland is this Saturday night at the Chamber building starting at 6PM.

I am not an organizer, just a long time member of CWA. If you hunt Wister, you should be too. All the work that has been done to improve the refuge over the last three years has been paid for in large by dinners just like this.

Show up and support CWA.

hell, I'll even buy you a beer.

(The other) Carl

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Where in tarnation is th chamber bldg?
    I thought I knew all (4) of the buildings in Niland including the burned 1.:D
    I'm prolly gonna sweatline Wister Sat. maybe I'll run into you out there...

(another) Carl :D

Upvote 0

BluefinCurly

Skipper
    Aug 15, 2004
    Norwalk
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    Vagabond, The Last Minute
    I'll be hunting the club.

The Chamber of Commerce is on the west side of the highway in the middle of town. it sits back off the street about 100 yds. Between 4th and 6th.

Upvote 0

Bendo28

Jan 29, 2009
    Rancho Santa Margarita/CA/USA
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    NA
    I think I'll be sweat lining also since my hunting partners girl is having a baby any minute. Looks like a long boring day in the blind alone and I'm guessing that will be the norm for the rest of the season.

Any other info on the dinner? I might see if I can stick it out.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I think I'll be sweat lining also since my hunting partners girl is having a baby any minute. Looks like a long boring day in the blind alone and I'm guessing that will be the norm for the rest of the season.

Any other info on the dinner? I might see if I can stick it out.

If you get a lower draw in the sweat than me and my buddies, I'll keep ya company...:D

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Got drawn 2nd for the sweat line, hunted 115C3 and had my limit by 10 AM, how did you guys end up doing? It was non stop when the wind started at around 8.
    Was 11th in the sweat. Birds all over the place, but the wind kinda hosed us. Birds kept skirting us, as our blind didn't relate well to the wind direction. Did a lot of bird watching between shot opportunities. Managed a nice strap though.

I went through Niland at about sunset and only saw like 2 cars at the Chamber of Commerce. Did anybody show?

Upvote 0

Bendo28

Jan 29, 2009
    Rancho Santa Margarita/CA/USA
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    NA
    Was 11th in the sweat. Birds all over the place, but the wind kinda hosed us. Birds kept skirting us, as our blind didn't relate well to the wind direction. Did a lot of bird watching between shot opportunities. Managed a nice strap though.

I went through Niland at about sunset and only saw like 2 cars at the Chamber of Commerce. Did anybody show?

I hear ya, the wind was decent for my location, I just wish I had a couple more guys with me so I could have been out longer...not that I'm complaining. Definitely one of the better days I've had down there as far as the number of birds flying. All in all a great day. I was done so early I never made it to the dinner.

Upvote 0

Dr. Fowl

I need a bigger dog!
    Sep 26, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Bryant
    Boat
    Fowl Play 1754 Grizzly 75 Merc Optimax
    Just a reminder for anyone hunting the fuge this weekend, the Seventh Annual CWA Dinner in Niland is this Saturday night at the Chamber building starting at 6PM.

I am not an organizer, just a long time member of CWA. If you hunt Wister, you should be too. All the work that has been done to improve the refuge over the last three years has been paid for in large by dinners just like this.

Show up and support CWA.

hell, I'll even buy you a beer.

(The other) Carl

You never bought me a beer..... :hali_olutta:

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    Got drawn 2nd for the sweat line, hunted 115C3 and had my limit by 10 AM, how did you guys end up doing? It was non stop when the wind started at around 8.

Glad you had fun.....not a smart idea to list blind sites where you shoot limits on the internet. Next time it probably won't be there for you now.

Upvote 0

Sluester

I kill stuff
    Jul 22, 2003
    Lakeside
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Killin time, Bill Collector
    Glad you had fun.....not a smart idea to list blind sites where you shoot limits on the internet. Next time it probably won't be there for you now.

OH NO WHAT NOW!!! It's fucking Wister.......LOL It's not like freelancing.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses

I'd rather mess with you, but I have to agree on this one. Especially if you find a sleeper blind that may fall to you in the sweatline......Just pm me the info:D

As Brandon knows my buddies and I have been killing limits out of unpopular blinds on a consistent basis with poor draws. Word has gotten out and those blinds are popular now and picked early. Hasn't really effected us though. We pick somewhere else and limit there too...:Death_To_Above: ........
    :waglleybooty:............:finger:

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    I'd rather mess with you, but I have to agree on this one. Especially if you find a sleeper blind that may fall to you in the sweatline......Just pm me the info:D

As Brandon knows my buddies and I have been killing limits out of unpopular blinds on a consistent basis with poor draws. Word has gotten out and those blinds are popular now and picked early. Hasn't really effected us though. We pick somewhere else and limit there too...:Death_To_Above: ........
    :waglleybooty:............:finger:

Yep....all it takes is a few too many beers and loose lips. This spot will probably be there anytime I want it. Unless I advertise it on the internet.

Attachments

• shithole.jpg
      shithole.jpg
      328.2 KB · Views: 11
    Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    you didnt cover it up enough i know what blind site thats from. thanks for the hot spot buddy haha ill be there this week with my ressie

If you pick that spot with a 5 you would be crazy.....no sprigs. And you've never been there. I'll be glad to bring you though.

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Kurt's neighborhood
    Name
    Tony
    Boat
    Tarpon 140
    You boys are silly with all this talk.

I'm leaving in the morning to hunt deer/hogs the rest of the week. :D

Wish me luck.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    My favorite spot is F&G 2

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Yep....all it takes is a few too many beers and loose lips. This spot will probably be there anytime I want it. Unless I advertise it on the internet.

I still see the bootlip on the far end. Nice try though. shoulda put it facin the other way.

Upvote 0