petersmt

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 22, 2008
Colorado
Name
Matt
Boat
Panga
We have our panga in Barra until March and it looks like a few fish are starting to show up. On 12/8/12 we released a nice #80 sail and had a good pitch bait shot at a marlin but it would not take the bait. It's not Cabo or PV but still a good time!

Anyway we are going to be on the water about 3 days a week or so, if you are in Barra or the Manzanillo area and want to share intel shot me a PM.

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
I love Barra I can't wait to get back
No tuna????
I lost a cow well over 200 pounds last time I was there

Bullshipper

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 4, 2006
Yucaipa/San Carlos, Sonora
Name
Jeff
Boat
Prokat 26
Better inshore fishing 15 miles north along the coast.Big sierra, pargo, jacks. More sails that way too. Rivermouth off of the airport to the south holds roosters, and snook when it rains. Pargo fishing in the bay at night in the north bay.

Do you have the numbers for the seamounts between you and Manzanillo?

But Long liners are the problem there.

rippinfishlips

tight lines
Sep 7, 2011
Issaquah, WA
Name
Chas
Boat
Boatless at the moment
Hopefully the fishing just continues to get hotter. Headed down there for two weeks to get married at the end of the month. My parents live down there half the year and am expecting to fish at least half the time down there. Would love to get into some rooster fish. Anyone have any tips?

Also has anyone ever fished in the mangroves back in the harbor with flies?

rippinfishlips

tight lines
Sep 7, 2011
Issaquah, WA
Name
Chas
Boat
Boatless at the moment
Have been getting nice sails every time we have been going out. durado have been good too. Even got a small wahoo.