mercado

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 26, 2006
Chula Vista
Name
John Mercado
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Fished San Diego bay with my son Justin and Good friend Dean.Looking for some halibut and found them at the mouth of the bay near the jetty caught 10 shorts and one legal 36" inches 20 lbs. Nice to pull on some fish and spend time with the boy.:)

Mercado

Attachments

Kelpbedhead

Hippie Hater
May 15, 2009
San diego
Name
James
Boat
20' Baja Bayrunner
Nice job! Fished that area Sarurday for nada. Way to go. Your son looks stoked!

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Nice fish bro....Now quit clogging up the docks at SI and HI so we can pull in.....;) Your buddy and the boy showed me your fish when you were getting the truck/trailer at SI....Well done!

Team Subway

Well-Known "Member"
May 9, 2005
Poway
Name
Gregg
Boat
Chapparal 20'
Nice fish Deano. Not alot of meat left on the carcass. good knife work by somebody. Hope you and JJ get em next week at El Banco.

captainpound

Cow Town Addict
Sep 17, 2004
Chula Vista/La Cruz
Name
Peter
Boat
32' Blackfin "Maya", 23' Neptune "Captain Pound"
Nice Flattie Deano, Way to put um on the Jay, Justin looks stoked.

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Your son was stoked, good job dad

The Long Run

May 5, 2006
San Diego
Name
Nathan
Boat
42' Hershine Trawler
In both this pic and your avatar. Very cool!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

devodave

keeping the kid hooked up
Aug 27, 2009
San Marcos
Name
"Old School"
Boat
Really old but solid 25' SeaRay Flybridge
We were out there last weekend too and only came up with a big sand shark and a sandy. I have fished that area quite a bit, and never caught a halibut. Mind telling us how deep and whether you fish the beach side of that jetty, or the bay side?

mercado

Jul 26, 2006
Chula Vista
Name
John Mercado
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
We were out there last weekend too and only came up with a big sand shark and a sandy. I have fished that area quite a bit, and never caught a halibut. Mind telling us how deep and whether you fish the beach side of that jetty, or the bay side?

Fished the bay side 40' drifted to about 6' then started over again,in coming tide.

devodave

keeping the kid hooked up
Aug 27, 2009
San Marcos
Name
"Old School"
Boat
Really old but solid 25' SeaRay Flybridge
Thanks for the extra info John.That explains it. We are probably fishing too shallow. Your butts are probably following the bait up from the deep into the shallows. Gonna try it your way and try and get my kid on some of those nice Halibut. Nothing like feeling a Halibut pick up that bait. Good work!