super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
I'll go along with Gary in thinking it would seem odd for someone not wishing to show a picture if the serial #s are requested. I'm always of thought that, If I did nothing wrong, then I have nothing to hide, so it should not be a big deal if someone wants a serial number. I personally have never asked for one, but I can understand some wishing to do so.

Another thing to keep in mind is how many tackle thefts happen all the time, so maybe those who are asking for a serial # are trying to track down their stolen gear, and when doing so and someone acts all paranoid about giving it up, then I could easily see a reason to go Hmmm??

Things to think about.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
I'll go along with Gary in thinking it would seem odd for someone not wishing to show a picture if the serial #s are requested. I'm always of thought that, If I did nothing wrong, then I have nothing to hide, so it should not be a big deal if someone wants a serial number. I personally have never asked for one, but I can understand some wishing to do so.

Another thing to keep in mind is how many tackle thefts happen all the time, so maybe those who are asking for a serial # are trying to track down their stolen gear, and when doing so and someone acts all paranoid about giving it up, then I could easily see a reason to go Hmmm??

Things to think about.

The unknown fisherman:p:
Also it gives the buyer, year and month of manufacture to determine age which to some is very important...

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
Butt hurt!!!! Stay civil guys but some good points made..:)

Upvote 0

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
I am not assuming anyone is hiding anything, but when one does not want to share the serial number when asked, that to me raises a flag, and I simply don't do business...
I have been buying here for years , and also selling... 99% of the sellers and buyers here are good good people... so dont take me wrong, and yes getting the SN# works for me... You do ow ever you please... you don't know me so don't judge me...

actually I do know you and have been to your home and I didn't judge you anymore than you judged the other guy by claiming he was hiding something

Can't have it both ways ....judge not lest ya be judged

Like I said...it works for you...great ...rock on and good fishing to ya
BTW-Ever finish the bonus room ?

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
actually I do know you and have been to your home and I didn't judge you anymore than you judged the other guy by claiming he was hiding something

Can't have it both ways ....judge not lest ya be judged

Like I said...it works for you...great ...rock on and good fishing to ya
BTW-Ever finish the bonus room ?
I did not judge the other guy, I elected not to buy from him...simply no sn# no purchase...
have a great evening

Upvote 0

FakeDuaneDiego

Almost A Member
Jun 20, 2016
Burbank
Name
D
Boat
N/a
Put 8 postcards in the mail today. Go ahead! Ask me for serial #'s!!

Well, except for the Daiwa and Shimano reels. They don't have numbers.

Upvote 0

walkerman

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 7, 2008
Ventura
Name
Steve
Boat
n/a
You're misunderstanding the root for my hesitation to share serial numbers. I'm not hiding anything. I just find it odd that the only potential buyers who asked for serial numbers all flaked. They were done showing interest once they got the serial number from me. I bought these reels new at a tackle shop. All 100% legit... I'm certain the serial number was clean.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can ease my paranoia, because I'm thinking these people may be doing something malicious with my serial numbers.

Another seller on here who blocks his serial number in pics told me that he does so because some members will actually put in an insurance claim on your reel. I don't how true this is.
Maybe they were checking if your reels were stolen.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
NIB.Black Sabbath.
Your love for me has just got to be reel....ohhh yea!
Ozzzzzzzzie.:git:

Reactions: mudshark
Upvote 0

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
Dunno, I wouldn't call my Saltigas and Trinidads off brand or cheapies.
then they must have serial numbers and not be cheapies, you knew exactly what I meant... you just like playing games here... so enjoy your games..., i think your the guy that answered my post about the free reel and offered here. and came to the house to get it....
good luck with your sales.... almost time to add you the the ignore list..

Upvote 0

FakeDuaneDiego

Almost A Member
Jun 20, 2016
Burbank
Name
D
Boat
N/a
then they must have serial numbers and not be cheapies, you knew exactly what I meant... you just like playing games here... so enjoy your games..., i think your the guy that answered my post about the free reel and offered here. and came to the house to get it....
good luck with your sales.... almost time to add you the the ignore list..

Wrong person. I've never picked up any free gear.

I'm not playing games. They really don't have serial numbers. Unless I'm just missing where they're located?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
Wrong person. I've never picked up any free gear.
Ok wrong person I guess, if you came to my house then you bought something I had for sale, or you have the wrong person... and have not been to my house, as I don't have people come to my house unless they are friends, or delivering or picking something up..
either way good luck selling your reels ... have a great day..

Upvote 0

FakeDuaneDiego

Almost A Member
Jun 20, 2016
Burbank
Name
D
Boat
N/a
Ok wrong person I guess, if you came to my house then you bought something I had for sale, or you have the wrong person... and have not been to my house, as I don't have people come to my house unless they are friends, or delivering or picking something up..
either way good luck selling your reels ... have a great day..

I've never been to your house, Gary. You're confusing me with Jim who said he's been to your house.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Gary, you have FakeDuaneDiego(funny name btw. I told Duane about it a few weeks ago and we had a laugh) and Titan05 mixed up.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
Gary, you have FakeDuaneDiego(funny name btw. I told Duane about it a few weeks ago and we had a laugh) and Titan05 mixed up.
Yes thanks for the heads up..lol.... your right i do... got it handled now ...

All good with you Carl ?

Upvote 0