fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
I remember that guy also. Seems like he was from northern Cal. Maybe 2 years ago. He bought a ton of new shit. Some of which he was posting in the classifieds two to four weeks after he bought it. He musta had a gold mine or something.
I remember that guy also. Seems like he was from northern Cal. Maybe 2 years ago. He bought a ton of new shit. Some of which he was posting in the classifieds two to four weeks after he bought it. He musta had a gold mine or something.

Long story ....pun intended.....:D

tony38

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 30, 2014
Name
tony
Boat
none yet
FISN N' FOOLS got hit saturday with about 100 high end gear

"all-in"

Oct 5, 2005
Garden Grove
Name
Chris
Boat
24, Angler, All-In
I have on 2 occasions sold a reel and rod for a great price. 2 Weeks later it was re-listed here for more.

walkerman

May 7, 2008
Ventura
Name
Steve
Boat
n/a
I sell stuff occasionally. I always try to make good deals for the buyer and me. Must be doing something right, because the manager of our local Turners bought a couple of reels from me.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
I buy when there's something here im looking for and the price is right, but I always them to send me the serial number first, you kinda get a feel then if the reel is hot or stolen or the seller is a shady guy.... etc....

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Not sure what you are saying
He's saying fish n fools got burglarized Saturday morning.I was driving by there today,the glass on the front door is boarded up.
Apparently it was a smash and grab for 100 high end reels.

Second Row

You Should Have Been Here Yesterday
Aug 8, 2008
Newport
Name
Scott
Boat
21' Grady White - Rusty Hook
I don't have the time to read everyone's response, but I've seen several guys on here at tournaments that placed or won a rod or reel in raffle, and posted it for sale the next week..

Last edited:

FakeDuaneDiego

Jun 20, 2016
Burbank
Name
D
Boat
N/a
I buy when there's something here im looking for and the price is right, but I always them to send me the serial number first, you kinda get a feel then if the reel is hot or stolen or the seller is a shady guy.... etc....
I've had guys pretend to be very interested, ask me for serial number pics, then went silent. I'm not sure what they did with those #s, but I'll probably never send a serial # pic again.

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
[
Question is why buy and then sell for less than list? Are these deals guys who are selling for retailers?[/QUOTE]

Why do you care? Seriously..........

Reactions: Carl

Hye

Oct 5, 2016
L.A.
Name
John
Boat
None
He's saying fish n fools got burglarized Saturday morning.I was driving by there today,the glass on the front door is boarded up.
Apparently it was a smash and grab for 100 high end reels.
Oh, they are down the street. I haven't drove by yet but I will today. Hope everything is covered under their insurance.

tony38

Mar 30, 2014
Name
tony
Boat
none yet
Not sure what you are saying
they were "broken in" "robbed" with what they said someone took about 100 high end reels all brands

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
I've had guys pretend to be very interested, ask me for serial number pics, then went silent. I'm not sure what they did with those #s, but I'll probably never send a serial # pic again.
Well then i would never buy anything from you because if you won't show pictures and serial number then you are hiding something.......That's how you get to know about the reel you are thinking on purchasing.
good luck selling on here... your just digging a bigger hole for your self...

FakeDuaneDiego

Jun 20, 2016
Burbank
Name
D
Boat
N/a
Well then i would never buy anything from you because if you won't show pictures and serial number then you are hiding something.......That's how you get to know about the reel you are thinking on purchasing.
You're misunderstanding the root for my hesitation to share serial numbers. I'm not hiding anything. I just find it odd that the only potential buyers who asked for serial numbers all flaked. They were done showing interest once they got the serial number from me. I bought these reels new at a tackle shop. All 100% legit... I'm certain the serial number was clean.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can ease my paranoia, because I'm thinking these people may be doing something malicious with my serial numbers.

Another seller on here who blocks his serial number in pics told me that he does so because some members will actually put in an insurance claim on your reel. I don't how true this is.

Last edited:

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
Serial numbers do show what year the reel was produced and if it was ever serviced by the maker.....like accurate...they would have a record of it.
Penn Internationals also come to mind as well as avets and tiburons

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae

Whoa....easy Gary

I had somebody file a stolen reel report on me many years ago after he requested the serial number but he got burned because I bought it new and had sent the warranty card in and registered the reel when I got it so hiding something ?

I think not
but everybody has their own way of doing their due diligence and yours is a serial number....if it works for you....great but please don't assume that everybody is trying to hide something because it doesn't meet YOUR requirements

FakeDuaneDiego

Jun 20, 2016
Burbank
Name
D
Boat
N/a
Serial numbers do show what year the reel was produced and if it was ever serviced by the maker.....like accurate...they would have a record of it.
Penn Internationals also come to mind as well as avets and tiburons
It may be more reasonable to dump my anectodal evidence along with my aluminum hat than to refuse a picture of a serial number.

FakeDuaneDiego

Jun 20, 2016
Burbank
Name
D
Boat
N/a
Whoa....easy Gary

I had somebody file a stolen reel report on me many years ago after he requested the serial number but he got burned because I bought it new and had sent the warranty card in and registered the reel when I got it so hiding something ?

I think not
but everybody has their own way of doing their due diligence and yours is a serial number....if it works for you....great but please don't assume that everybody is trying to hide something because it doesn't meet YOUR requirements
Well, I guess it is true then. Registering all my reels is the solution. Thanks.

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
You're misunderstanding the root for my hesitation to share serial numbers. I'm not hiding anything. I just find it odd that the only potential buyers who asked for serial numbers all flaked. They were done showing interest once they got the serial number from me. I bought these reels new at a tackle shop. All 100% legit... I'm certain the serial number was clean.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can ease my paranoia, because I'm thinking these people may be doing something malicious with my serial numbers.

Another seller on here who blocks his serial number in pics told me that he does so because some members will actually put in an insurance claim on your reel. I don't how true this is.
Alot of the time it's tackle store owners or someone affiliated with a shop that would do this. They want to see if the gears came from a shop that's selling them below msrp. That way they could report to the manufacturer so that shop would be penalized. It's great for us to get good deals but not so great if you're a tackle shop owner that's playing by the rules.

Btw...wholesale costs on these gears are ridiculously low in most cases. The markup is sickening.

FakeDuaneDiego

Jun 20, 2016
Burbank
Name
D
Boat
N/a
Alot of the time it's tackle store owners or someone affiliated with a shop that would do this. They want to see if the gears came from a shop that's selling them below msrp. That way they could report to the manufacturer so that shop would be penalized. It's great for us to get good deals but not so great if you're a tackle shop owner that's playing by the rules.

Btw...wholesale costs on these gears are ridiculously low in most cases. The markup is sickening.
Woah. This post is dangerously loaded with some wild assumptions. I'm talking about used gear, bought new, that I obviously listed well below MSRP. I've never sold NIB.

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
Whoa....easy Gary

I think not
I am not assuming anyone is hiding anything, but when one does not want to share the serial number when asked, that to me raises a flag, and I simply don't do business...
I have been buying here for years , and also selling... 99% of the sellers and buyers here are good good people... so dont take me wrong, and yes getting the SN# works for me... You do ow ever you please... you don't know me so don't judge me...

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat

Thank You for explaining, I can understand by the responses that you have received from potential buyers your concern for not showing SN# 's, and that's your choice... so just to clear things up if someone don't show me the SN#, I don"t think bad of them, as all people have there reasons, I simply move on and don't buy or deal on the reel... It;s how I determine the age, and i and other factors that i consider for purchase..
Have a great day
Gary