NFL

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by tacklejacked, Sep 25, 2017.

?

Not standing is disrespectful, and wrong

1. Agree

2. Disagree

3. Freedom of Speech

4. I don't care one way or the other.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salty nuts

salty nuts Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Tim Mohawk
    Boat:
    25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
    So last week there were a total of 6 guys kneeling. Then Trump runs his mouth yet again, and all hell breaks lose. Wish this guy would stick to the important shit, and actually get something accomplished. He has diarrhea of the mouth.

But his base supporters have major wood!!!!

This all started because Steph Curry declined his invite to the White House. Then Trump acts like a fucking baby and takes the invite back.

But wait Tom Brady declined his invite also but that was ok.

gloxx, Bigeasy and rayancarter like this.
  2. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    You are delusional. You have run it all together and mixed up shit that has nothing to do with nothing. Typical and that is why nothing ever gets done, because people mix up shit that has nothing to do with it. Trump is not my favorite person and he puts his foot in his mouth on the regular, but this time it is all media hype and the NFL. The NFL bought into the bullshit and started a war that will cost them thousands of members and millions of dollars. The invite to the Whitehouse was totally unrelated and getting equally as blown out of proportion by the media. He invited, the guy declined, he said ok I rescind my invitation you can't come even if you changed your mind... done... not very noteworthy, the fucking guy declined! And how the hell can you jump that to having anything to do with the NFL... you think Basketball and Football got together on this one?!? What a joke!

Donald Trump unrelated to some stupid invite to the whitehouse made a statement during a speech and here it is: "wouldn't you love to see on of those NFL owners, when somebody disrespects the flag say, 'get that son of a bitch off the field he's fire... he's fired' ".

It was a simple question and really uneventful, but the media blew it to shit and the NFL grabbed ahold. Truth be told many Americans would like to see an owner fire a player who is disrespectful. They wanted to show Trump who's boss; they did not do it for racial injustice, they did not do it for some stupid invite, they did it to challenge the simple question asked by Donald Trump.

None of this was done for racial injustice! They 100% set out to disrespect the flag as a whole to show Trump they could with no consequences.... guess what.... it backfired and went a lot different than they expected....

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    polfishski, goatram, finsane and 2 others like this.
  3. FishPimpII

FishPimpII Dreaming about the next boat...

Name:
    Jeff Nelson
    Boat:
    Deckhand of "JuiceboxII" now that the FishpimpII is sold
    Wow. If there is one thing that bloody decks has taught us is that you know pretty much everything about pretty much everything. From boat weights to people you've never met's protest intent.

I thought it was ok to form an opinion other than your narrow and to my eye bigoted one but now we know that means that we're delusional.

Thanks for setting us straight on this.

Bizzy and Roll the Bones like this.
  4. strackle99

strackle99 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    The one on the fish
    All these people talking about boycotting NFL, and Hollywood productions as well.

It's gonna come down to Duck Dynasty reruns, or reading a book.

Haha.

rayancarter likes this.
  5. wils

wils lazy-ass well known "member"

Name:
    bill
    Boat:
    I hate boats
    [​IMG] :puff:

matta57 and Elkfins like this.
  6. jer dog

jer dog Fishing is life

Name:
    Gerry
    Boat:
    One that floats
    its all the deplorable , that started it, LOL

colemans224, wils and G-Spot like this.
  7. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Thanks for the input.... you're right I don't know their intent. I can draw some rational conclusions about it based upon what I see, but clearly the lack of a conclusive answer from each and every player, I do not know their intent... I would still guess it doesn't have shit to do with an invite to the White House..

As for boat weights... sorry again... simple math we learned in grade school not even complicated math... If you being wrong makes it so I know everything..... well.... sorry about your luck....

Glad you could contribute something useful to the conversation.... oh wait.... it was not useful if was nothing more than an insult directed at me... hmm... is this what you were fishing for? We can now have an internet spat?!! Are you acting like a troll looking for ways to spat and digging up shit you are bitter about from a month old conversation?

landman likes this.
  8. FishPimpII

FishPimpII Dreaming about the next boat...

Name:
    Jeff Nelson
    Boat:
    Deckhand of "JuiceboxII" now that the FishpimpII is sold
    I don't think I've ever had a conversation with you on here so no bitterness towards you. A little worked up over some of what I view as the bigotry on this website.
    As to what I hope to contribute:
    Encourage people to not be so narrow minded, intolerant, and have some empathy because as Quan pointed out, while you may have had some challenges in life you probably haven't walked a mile in his or other minorities shoes.
    In any event probably won't change anyone minds on here but I decided I wasn't going to stay silent on this stuff.

I appreciate a lot of your boating and towing knowledge and don't dismiss what you are saying when you chime in but often things that are likely your opinion (however well informed) come out as unquestionable facts.

Bigeasy likes this.
  9. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    I appreciate what you are saying, and yes type written format especially how some people (me) write can appear to be very inflexible. If we were in a room and you saw my facial expression and tone it would be received much different I am sure.

Obviously, this is a fishing site and having a political conversation which technically is forbidden by rules. When I make a statement that this guy who I don't know and have never met is dillusional it is based upon nothing more than an opinion. I have not conducted any psychological tests nor am I qualified to do so. I did however add my take on the reasons why I disagreed with his opinion that this all started as the result of an invite to the White House.

You have to assume that others on this site understand I have conducted no eval or clinical studies to draw my conclusion of him being delusional. I can appreciate you wanting people to have an open mind and I actually think I do. I have already stated that I do not know what it is like to walk in anyone's shoes but mine. I also stated that I can empathize based upon my own experiences.

If you have something relevant about my comments that would make this not about the question asked by the Donald and more about an invite to the White House I'm all ears.... Otherwise you were being an internet bully for no other reason than you didn't like the facts and opinion I stated which is no different than the very behavior you are condemning.

When I toss out "you are delusional" it is male bantering with other fisherman.

I may be wrong. The entire NFL may have decided to take a knee to stand out for social injustice, but they clearly did not state that... they simply responded to the Donald... that told me it was not much different than the pissing contests we see on this site... Time will tell.... I clearly do not think any team owner, coach or sponsors wanted to see a huge loss of revenue, so I can draw certain conclusions from that.

Tight lines! It's all in good spirit from my side and certainly don't mean any ill to any of you.

FishPimpII likes this.
  10. TonyG

TonyG I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Tony
    Boat:
    NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
    I think all this back and forth is really changing minds! :deadhorse

matta57, bdrlgion and G-Spot like this.
  11. Johnny J

Johnny J Formally INOXicated

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    not mine
    Bush did it.

12. Bigeasy

Bigeasy yeah, yeah!

Name:
    Eric W.
    Boat:
    Tunacious 238 Coastal Twin 150-E
    I am American.
    I was born in Tacoma, WA.
    I speak perfect English.
    I am a college graduate.
    I am a Mechanical Engineer.
    I am a human.
    But my skin is not white.
    Thanks Quan, well stated! Most of the negativity is from White men! Racism is alive and well! I read the post and racism is very vibrant! Enjoy this time, because it's coming to an end! Hopefully my grandson (Half White) will treat you better than what most of you White Privileged dudes have treated others.
    I noticed a lot of you WHITE dudes have the answer and know what we (Minorities) require. Most of you White dudes have no interaction with any other race but your own and willing to chime-in. Walk a mile in MY shoes and then speak! Before then Fuck you and I mean it! I live in Vallejo!

bdrlgion likes this.
  13. LippRipper

LippRipper Member

Name:
    Garry
    Boat:
    22' Intruder
    Why would I want to walk in your shoes? I mean how do I know we even wear the same size?

makairaa, plj46, G-Spot and 1 other person like this.
  14. Alice1952

Alice1952 Member

Name:
    Alice Archer
    Boat:
    Real predator
    I'm bored - bring on the popcorn please

15. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Lee Obvious
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras

So just curious....

Does anyone feel any closer, any less divided, more enlightened, change of mind and or heart, in either direction?

16. silver slayer

silver slayer I've posted enough I should'nt have to edit this

Name:
    Josh
    Boat:
    25' starcraft expedition
    Just think if this thread was about someone well known on here being different. Like maybe changing ports or something. It would be locked by now but since it's not I'll throw my shit in the bag.

To me not standing is disrespect to the very thing and people that allow you to have that opinion. It's like forgetting the very thing that made it possible to have different views.

Not sure if that sounds right but that's what I got

17. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    This type of opinion is the problem and so many people like you and Quan think only white people discriminate.... Because Quan is Asian and your grandson is half white so somehow you understand better and that is bullshit.

Racism goes all directions and a lot of it has to do with geography and money. Some of the most racist people I have ever met are minorities... I work in construction and I have heard the Mexican guys talk about Black and sometimes I am amazed... they are supposed to understand better since they are a minority right?!? No!

No one can walk a mile in anyone's shoes. Another person with a half white grandson might have a completely different experience than you. As soon as we all understand and empathize with each other and work to stop all injustice.

Grade school in Houston as a white boy I definitely experienced racism directed at me. As a teen my friend was shot while visiting his grandparents in Compton... they yelled hey white boy... pop... luckily they were a bad shot and it hit his leg... I have many other stories, but I am sure you will tell me it isn't racism because I'm white.

Your message telling me because I am white I have no say in this discussion and "fucke you" until I can walk a mile in your shoes will really go a long way to ending hate... good job bro! Think of your grandson when acting like that and I hope you teach him love! Peace!

Bellboy17, plj46 and Chico Tan like this.
  18. Fog Ducker!

Fog Ducker! Misanthropical member

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    4 and counting!
    CRAP, I see winers on both sides of this issue, think I will by some stock in a Manpon business! Cammmmmmmooooon, there are fish to be killed!

Ducker!

19. strackle99

strackle99 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    The one on the fish
    FB_IMG_1506546908041.jpg

Just thought I would leave this here.

gloxx and makairaa like this.
  20. LippRipper

LippRipper Member

Name:
    Garry
    Boat:
    22' Intruder
    Not really politics. I mean its no different that pepsi buy air time. Also those players shouldn't get a say. After all it was their employers who entered into the contract. Do you get a say in what your employer chooses to do?

goatram likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.