Sactotuna

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 20, 2005
sacramento
Name
jim
Boat
Royal Star
I just read the Royal Star report for 11/19, WOW!

For all you guys leaving the day after Thanksgiving, looks like we don't need to wish you good luck at all.

Exploding masses of fish, run and gun big gear style fishing, I am so envious!!

David Brewer

Jan 10, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Dave Brewer
Boat
none
As I was reading the reports last night, I was thinking the same thing. Looks like they are finally on the chew. I hope it stays this way for a while, as I don't leave until Dec. 6th. It would be nice to have options.

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
I have all the LR boats' report pages bookmarked in folder, so I can "open all in tabs" every morning and drool.

I am trying NOT to watch. :rolleyes:

yeah, sounds like some exciting fishing. Someday........

2MAYEtoes

Mackerel Maker
Apr 24, 2011
San Diego
Name
Cristin Kelly
Boat
Privateer
I was just down at the landings drooling over all the fish being offloaded. Someone told me to come back at 11:30 to see the RP offload... smallest fish 140#s.

I wish I could have swung the Thanksgiving trip. Maybe next year. GL to everyone departing in the next few days!

fdengine13

Jun 5, 2004
Dana Point
Name
Paul
Boat
30' Skipjack
I would not get too excited. If you read between the lines, you will see that they caught very few fish for the trip. These fish bit for a three hour period right as the sun went down. Also, there was another boat in the area, (I believe it was the Interpid) who reorted they got on the same school and did not catch a fish. They stated they watched another boat catch a bunch of fish. So yes, it's a good sign, but it is certainly not wide open. Hopefully the water cools down and that bacth of fish will bite. It will be a week until the next group of boats gets down there. Good luck to all!

yft1979

Sep 7, 2004
Murrieta
Name
Garrett
Boat
-
I would not get too excited. If you read between the lines, you will see that they caught very few fish for the trip. These fish bit for a three hour period right as the sun went down. Also, there was another boat in the area, (I believe it was the Interpid) who reorted they got on the same school and did not catch a fish. They stated they watched another boat catch a bunch of fish. So yes, it's a good sign, but it is certainly not wide open. Hopefully the water cools down and that bacth of fish will bite. It will be a week until the next group of boats gets down there. Good luck to all!
Yo are correct sir... But the rs and intrepid were at the lower banks. Clarion and hurricane is chewing. Glad im on a 13 day!

bad caster

Mar 28, 2006
La Canada Ca
Name
mike mc farlane
Boat
Independence
I leave Friday on Intrepid , 11 days so it's almost no doubt we will be taking our chances at the lower banks. It's fishing so you never know but I like our chances. Indy , Intrepid and R Star all reporting big fish in big numbers. Unless they leave they will bite eventually.
It will be 4 days after a new moon when we get there and about 9 or 10 days since the last LR boat was there.
Seems like pretty good situation to me.

David Brewer

Jan 10, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Dave Brewer
Boat
none
I leave Friday on Intrepid , 11 days so it's almost no doubt we will be taking our chances at the lower banks. It's fishing so you never know but I like our chances. Indy , Intrepid and R Star all reporting big fish in big numbers. Unless they leave they will bite eventually.
It will be 4 days after a new moon when we get there and about 9 or 10 days since the last LR boat was there.
Seems like pretty good situation to me.
Good luck. I will be hopping on the Intrepid as you get off. Leave some for us, please.

2MAYEtoes

Mackerel Maker
Apr 24, 2011
San Diego
Name
Cristin Kelly
Boat
Privateer
You guys are gonna have so much fun. I look forward to your reports!

J.AkuHed

Jul 5, 2003
Temecula
Visit site
Name
Jim
Boat
Your boat!
Yeah, baby! Go get'em boys! Here's the Indy's report, for a while I was thinking they were getting skuncked coz no report since the left on the 14th. I got a couple buddies on the trip and one of my acid rail rods.
Sat phone was down.
11-21-2011 - CLASSIC BIG FISH FISHING. Sorry about the lack of reports, as we had some difficulties with our sat phone. We spent our time down in the southern fishing zones, and were not disappointed with the fishing and the weather. Every day was different, as one day it was 130 lb. to 200 lb. fish, and the next day it was mixed up 100 to 180 lb. fish. I would have to say that every method worked this trip. If you were planning to try this in the near future, I would recommend more 100 lb. outfits, and a 130 lb. for good measure. The sardines were the hot ticket, as at times we would have 8 to 13 fish going, and other times 3 to 5 going. We had quite a few anglers that had not fished for these big tuna before, and after day 1 they were tuned in, and were doing very well for the rest of the trip. As I said before, the weather was absolutely gorgeous, with flat seas. Taking a quick survey, I would have to say at least half of our anglers caught their personal best this trip. One angler that comes to mind is Martha Parker, who weighs maybe 95 lbs., now she put on a clinic one day, as she landed 5 of these brutes one day, all personal bests. We are traveling up right now, and will have another report with an E T A, thanks for checking in, Jeff and the Indy crew

tcat103

Anytime Baby!
Jun 16, 2005
Paradise
Name
Ben
Boat
M/V Royal Star
Yeah, baby! Go get'em boys! Here's the Indy's report, for a while I was thinking they were getting skuncked coz no report since the left on the 14th. I got a couple buddies on the trip and one of my acid rail rods.
Sat phone was down.
11-21-2011 - CLASSIC BIG FISH FISHING. If you were planning to try this in the near future, I would recommend more 100 lb. outfits, and a 130 lb. for good measure.
Jim,

Got time for another X3 for my trip?

2amguns

Oct 6, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
Name
Tom Younce
Boat
Intrepid
Like Mr Brewer, I am on the Intrepid Dec 6th and am very happy it is 13 days so that we have the option of the HB or Clarion. The RP was at HB and slaying the piss out of the fish so much, that they are coming home a day early.

Either way, it will be so nice to get out on the water again, relax, enjoy good company and lie my butt off about the big ones that I nver caught.

So, let's all bow our heads now and recite the fisherman's/Womans prayer.

" Oh Lord, Grant me the grace to catch a Fish so big, that even I, when talking of it afterward may never need to Lie. Amen "

Okay kid's let's go fishing.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Latest posts