dorado50

Well-Known "Member"
May 5, 2006
San Diego
Name
DAVID
Boat
BERTRAM / EDGEWATER
Hats off to the OP for having a good time with the family! Just a few weeks ago while visiting a third world country I walked up to a fishing boat with at least 200 juvinile sharks and assorted by catch in holding tank. Ugly sight and that was just one boat(panga style)....talk about raping the ocean! Cool to see kids pulling on fish, no matter what size......

myguyver

Feb 15, 2011
FLAGSTAFF ARIZONA
Name
LARRY
Boat
BUZZ
Makes more sense to me to not only create the sincere smiles and memories but to take these 3 fish and now show the kids how to preserve their catch, however large, by proper cleaning and chilling. I'd give 3-1 odds that the seals would take those down without even the slightest of concerns.

Reactions: BPOUND

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Haahaa! I see jer dog is on here being an asshat again. I pegged him for douche but not stupid. Funny how he's been busted and made to look a fool on more than one occasion and still keeps barking bullshit!lol. Ooohh jer dog I get it.
I Love you Edward , I think you should try that Douche thing your self :finger: :rofl:

Last edited:

Solandri A

Jan 23, 2014
Name
John
Boat
none
Each mature female yellowtail (3+ years old, about 5-10 pounds) lays 1-2 million eggs each year. This is a species with extremely high mortality at the larval and juvenile stages. A few extra rats taken by rod and reel aren't going to make the slightest difference.

http://escholarship.org/uc/item/6nq200v0#page-52

The DFG regulations reflect this - it's why you're allowed to keep up to 5 yellowtail and bonito less than 24 inches. Because they have high fecundity and the take of a few undersized individuals won't really impact the fishery. Completely different from, say, sand bass, where you're not allowed to keep any undersized fish at all. Those lay only about 50,000-150,000 eggs, meaning taking a single undersized bass is roughly like taking 10-40 undersized yellowtail.

I'm more bothered by people who keep way more fish than they know what to do with. We always complain about seiners who scoop up so many tuna they crash the price end up selling it for cat food. Fundamentally the problem isn't the method of take, it's taking more fish than you know what to do with.

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Each mature female yellowtail (3+ years old, about 5-10 pounds) lays 1-2 million eggs each year. This is a species with extremely high mortality at the larval and juvenile stages. A few extra rats taken by rod and reel aren't going to make the slightest difference.

http://escholarship.org/uc/item/6nq200v0#page-52

The DFG regulations reflect this - it's why you're allowed to keep up to 5 yellowtail and bonito less than 24 inches. Because they have high fecundity and the take of a few undersized individuals won't really impact the fishery. Completely different from, say, sand bass, where you're not allowed to keep any undersized fish at all. Those lay only about 50,000-150,000 eggs, meaning taking a single undersized bass is roughly like taking 10-40 undersized yellowtail.

I'm more bothered by people who keep way more fish than they know what to do with. We always complain about seiners who scoop up so many tuna they crash the price end up selling it for cat food. Fundamentally the problem isn't the method of take, it's taking more fish than you know what to do with.
I'm getting shit for the only Yellowtail I kept Last year, and it was a lot bigger then the Three the OP posted ,
and I will release a lot more this week if I catch any,

spize909

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 14, 2004
i.e.
Visit site
Name
jeff
Boat
no
I'm getting shit for the only Yellowtail I kept Last year, and it was a lot bigger then the Three the OP posted ,
and I will release a lot more this week if I catch any,
I think you were getting shit for giving that guy shit and then you got more shit for being a hypocrite.......then of course you said F-off and bite me....

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I think you were getting shit for giving that guy shit and then you got more shit for being a hypocrite.......then of course you said F-off and bite me....
a Hypocrite is when some one does the same and then bitch about it ,get some glasses that YT in my pile is a lot bigger then them rats, I
think I have you figure out, you must be a Catholic and never look in a mirror ,have a nice day

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Joe do me a Favor , and keep these few dip shits in line for a couple days,
I will be out Checking how over fished our BFT are . I have to get in on this offshore bite because it looks like it is finally getting serious on the big pond

Reactions: 26grumpy

spize909

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 14, 2004
i.e.
Visit site
Name
jeff
Boat
no
a Hypocrite is when some one does the same and then bitch about it ,get some glasses that YT in my pile is a lot bigger then them rats, I
think I have you figure out, you must be a Catholic and never look in a mirror ,have a nice day
yep.

dorado50

Well-Known "Member"
May 5, 2006
San Diego
Name
DAVID
Boat
BERTRAM / EDGEWATER
Garden Grove aint much better bro.............:hali_blablalba:

mandoman68

Big Loco
Mar 3, 2008
Aztlan
Name
Mandoman
Boat
Kathleen
So now your gonna piss off Catholics? Just give it a rest . if you don't have a report then just shut the Fuck up. This ain't fun no more and I'm starting to get grouchy. The last one you wanna piss off is me. Quit now PLEASE.

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Why don't you just go to the bait receiver and buy a scoop of sardines and catch them out of your bait tank,, I'm sure their bigger than those little YELLARS, and no size limit. Filet them up and enjoy!!!!
Wow what a tool! A guy takes his family fishing and you comment like that! You're a jackass!

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
So now your gonna piss off Catholics? Just give it a rest . if you don't have a report then just shut the Fuck up. This ain't fun no more and I'm starting to get grouchy. The last one you wanna piss off is me. Quit now PLEASE.
No doubt!!! Some people just don't know when to shut up! The more he posts the dumber he sounds. Oh brother!

spize909

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 14, 2004
i.e.
Visit site
Name
jeff
Boat
no
I bet you tell every body it is not hot in I.E to
It's not...........today. But why the fuck would you care?
First religion and now where I live?
Are you more of a fisherman than me cuz you live in Garbage Grove? I mean, what's your point? You look like more of a douche with every post my friend.

mandoman68

Big Loco
Mar 3, 2008
Aztlan
Name
Mandoman
Boat
Kathleen
It's not...........today. But why the fuck would you care?
First religion and now where I live?
Are you more of a fisherman than me cuz you live in Garbage Grove? I mean, what's your point? You look like more of a douche with every post my friend.
I'm just waiting for him to strike a cord with me, then it's " lights out".€

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
Well, that pretty much sucked the fun and excitement out of an entire family catching their first YT from a PB. See if they ever post another picture or add a report. Congrats on your catch! I see that you have met many of the more passionate posters on BD's website. Hope you come back some day.