Newport Beach Patriot report yesterday

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by hanapah, Jul 6, 2006.

1. hanapah

hanapah Member

Name:
    Bill
    Boat:
    216 Cabo CC
    Well after a very long week I needed a fix to go 3/4 day and fish with my son.Oh thats right I should say he's a deckie on the Patriot.This will not be a real long report fishing was just a steady pick on sandies and calicos,with a few very short cudas.
    We headed south to what was the barn kelp,note the term was. there is no longer any kelp. must have been the red tide and high water temps form last year or two.We did see 3 big ass blue whales very cool stuff indeed and lots of dolphin.At our first stop in 60feet we did see a 40lbs or so mako,being the shark fisherman I did have wire and my son,Jeff said "dad you have anywire?" I tell him of course I do BUT no way am I going to try to hook that fish.On a party boat its just way to hard to release a mako unharmed so I told him sorry kid no dice.He was ok with that as he also knows I wont kill pups.Shit I said this would be a short report,oh well.
    We ended up the day with a nice load of bass and a great day on the water. I should note that it's not really fair to say anything about that boat since my kid works it BUT Its a great boat and crew.
    Trying to get out this weekend to do some night time sword fishing and try out what I learn last week and I will report back on that swordie or no swordie. Bill

2. fishpainter

fishpainter Pro bed wetter

Name:
    matt
    Boat:
    1860 Blazer Bay"SNOOK HUNTER"
    its for the best you left that pup alone.good job.You get any fish on plastics?

3. tylerderdan

tylerderdan Stay classy San diego

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    215cc triumph "Unforgiven"
    Nice talking with you yesterday Bill. I am more than ready for the swords, lets make it happen and prove we actually learned something at the seminar.