PENN

chilidip

• Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC
    It always felt like an hour launching out of Newport to the mouth. Also remember you have to do this twice.. going out, coming in. No thank you. It’s not anything like Noyo harbor.. it’s a looooong haul.

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    +1 on Sunset Aquatic. Never felt unsafe leaving my truck there.

Crowman

Almost A Member
    Mar 3, 2017
    Northern California
    Name
    Crowman
    Boat
    YES
    It always felt like an hour launching out of Newport to the mouth. Also remember you have to do this twice.. going out, coming in. No thank you. It’s not anything like Noyo harbor.. it’s a looooong haul.
    I got that impression looked at google maps and it didn't look that far to the jaws but didn't consider the speed limit making it a slow go.

acefuture

@acecraftco
    Apr 3, 2019
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Name
    Ace
    Boat
    Always changing
    I honestly use the 40ish minutes out of Newport to rig for whatever type of fishing we'll be doing. Fill the bait tank, tie some knots, check charts, etc. By the time I'm out of the harbor i'm ready to fish. Same on the way back in, do all my cleaning and put stuff away so i'm ready to pull it up on the trailer when im back at the launch

NoFeelings

Almost A Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Irvine/CA/U.S.A.
    Name
    Eddy
    Boat
    Parker 2320 “No Feelings”
    I leave from Newport all the time. Couple things to consider:

It’s 15 bucks for your first day and its 20 bucks a day parking after midnight of your first day. For a couple day might be 35 bucks to launch. (During “winter”)

it is a longer ride out of the harbor.

there is no bait receiver currently in the harbor, will be there at the beginning of April.

Mike_I

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 19, 2006
    Irvine
    Name
    Mike_I
    Boat
    Cabo 216 First Love
    I leave from Newport all the time. Couple things to consider:

It’s 15 bucks for your first day and its 20 bucks a day parking after midnight of your first day. For a couple day might be 35 bucks to launch. (During “winter”)

it is a longer ride out of the harbor.

there is no bait receiver currently in the harbor, will be there at the beginning of April.
    We're you working on your boat several weeks ago at home and asking for a radio check?

JFurst

Jul 9, 2020
    Orange County
    Name
    Josh
    Boat
    Parker 1801
    Not sure when you are coming, but if you need two days worth of bait Newport bait dock is gone and will be for about another month I believe. Plenty safe for parking but as others are saying, about 40 min to the harbor mouth.

Mike_I

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 19, 2006
    Irvine
    Name
    Mike_I
    Boat
    Cabo 216 First Love
    I have a marine radio in my garage and listen to what's going on. Someone asked for a radio check and I told him "you're loud and clear from Irvine". He laughed and said he's also in Irvine. We talked for awhile, he also had a Parker 2320, that's why I asked if that was you. What part of town are you in?

Findtuna

Nov 23, 2011
    OC
    Name
    James
    Boat
    1974 Blackman 20'
    I prefer having the dock next to the ramp when solo. Sunset works for me. Clean and safe. $15/day. GL at Catalina. Post pics after the trip.