JFurst

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 9, 2020
Orange County
Name
Josh Furstenberg
Boat
n/a
I have heard Newport bait dock closes some time in November, anybody know if they are still open? I am launching out of Newport for my first time tomorrow and have some frozen squid and plastics ready, was hoping to grab a half scoop on the way out as well. Think I am going to work the 1 and 2 spot areas, anybody been fishing around there recently?

Reefmo

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 28, 2016
North OC
Name
Matt Skogmo
Boat
Trout Sniffer - heavily customized 18.5 tracker targa
I hit #2 a few weeks ago -- not sure if much has changed -- chummed a bit and it was a full several hours of that 1-2lb bonito and some small barracuda. Almost no bass.

I had a good uphill current.

acefuture

@acecraftco
Apr 3, 2019
Costa Mesa, CA
Name
Ace
Boat
Always changing
Fished em both last weekend. Made macs at the harbor entrance, then used them as chum and chunk bait. Fish every cast of mostly short bass and sheepshead. Bait receiver was still there

Fishnfunky

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 3, 2014
Name
Banks
Boat
18 Grady
I have heard Newport bait dock closes some time in November, anybody know if they are still open? I am launching out of Newport for my first time tomorrow and have some frozen squid and plastics ready, was hoping to grab a half scoop on the way out as well. Think I am going to work the 1 and 2 spot areas, anybody been fishing around there recently?
I talked to Bryce who works the bait dock last week. He said the company plans to close up on the 20th. He said he’s trying to convince them to stay open through the 23rd.BTW, this is the best time of year to get bait from them. Last weeks bait and the week before was prime! Not one bait died fishing all day at Catalina.

Robdog1

Well known member
Oct 23, 2018
Newport Beach
Name
Robert
Boat
Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk
Bait barge is there till the 20th as per the guy working there.