Hoose

GOT ONE
Jan 28, 2006
Costa Mesa, CA
Name
Bob Hoose
Boat
PROSPECTOR
Took my friends kid and his two buddies out Sunday for his birthday party. NE winds 20 knots so decided to anchor up in lee of Newport Jetty and catch some mackerel and maybe some sand bass. Put the pick down and first kid instantly hooks a mackerel only to have a large aggressive seal eat his fish at the boat. This scenario was repeated all morning- every fish was eaten by this one angry seal. Tried moving to other side and he followed us. Tried moving into the bay and he found us there and ate our spotted bay bass. Never seen it so bad in Newport! Seal 9- Kids 0...

Upvote 0

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
Damn them things, especially when you tried to get the kids on fish. Frustrating for sure!

Upvote 0

Hoose

GOT ONE
Jan 28, 2006
Costa Mesa, CA
Name
Bob Hoose
Boat
PROSPECTOR
ROGER on paint ball gun- wasn't sure if it was legal or not. I LOVE the 'Copenhagen Mackeral Delight' trick! Thanks for tips! Just trying to get the kids into fishing which is challenging enough then have to fight them for every fish.

Reactions: chad gee
Upvote 0

Sgtsilbaugh

"Keep calm and.........FISH ON!!!!"
Apr 14, 2014
Brea
Name
Kevin
Boat
qajaq
Sorry to hear that. Guess their free ride is over, now that the barge has closed up shop.

Note to self- buy paintball gun!

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Whatever happened to proper management of our marine animals? You should see what they do at the bottom of a steelhead /salmon fish ladder...to endangered salmon and steelhead...
Amen brother!!!!! On American river in the area we can not fish to protect them every fish in the ladder gobbled up!!!! It was so upsetting to see.Or you can not even take Abalone!!!!! Oh but the seal do !!!! But if you do anything you can get in huge trouble!!!! Something must be done!!!

Upvote 0

rodngun762

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 12, 2005
Name
Boat
it's not illegal to shoot marine mammals with paint ball gun but it is illegal to feed them. additives such as Copenhagen probably wouldn't help your case... but that doesn't mean i wouldnt try it some time. not in the united states of course ;)

Upvote 0

fishkilr

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
it's not illegal to shoot marine mammals with paint ball gun but it is illegal to feed them. additives such as Copenhagen probably wouldn't help your case... but that doesn't mean i wouldnt try it some time. not in the united states of course ;)
That being the case shouldn't chumming be illegal

Upvote 0