sundaytrucka

Fish or Die
Sep 8, 2013
Orange County
Name
Scott
Boat
I wish...as in, I wish I had a boat.
Up for sale is one of my surface iron reels, a Newell 338-F "Blackie", one of the originals.

This a is a great reel, all original Stainless Steel internals, and 4 Stack Drag; upgraded with a graphite spool and Aluminum Tiburon Frame.

Upgraded to a graphite spool for faster start-up on casts, helps with getting the lighter irons out there. (No Aluminum Spool Included)

Also, custom fit a Silver Tiburon P20 Aluminum frame to this reel. The Tiburon P20 frames do not come to fit the old-school "Blackies", thus the reason it was custom fit, and probably one of the only Blackies you will see with a Tiburon frame. (Original crossbars and base NOT included.)

The frame adds a lot of structural integrity to the reel, after switching out to the Tib frame, freespool increased 4-6 seconds above what I was getting before...better alignment.

This reel is made to be fished, and does it well, great caster, and with the frame upgrade this reel can be fished heavily. There are some cracks in the side plate around the two screws on each side, but that is to be expected with fished Blackies.. Last pic is of the boat rash, fell out of the rod holder in bad weather and got scratched up a bit.

Price: $180 Picked Up

$200 Shipped

Shipping: USPS Priority Mail, Insured, W/Signature Confirmation

PM me if interested.

Thanks for looking!

-Scott

Last edited:

sundaytrucka

Fish or Die
Sep 8, 2013
Orange County
Name
Scott
Boat
I wish...as in, I wish I had a boat.
Looking for something to stick on a 10' jig stick, it's pretty beefy on the rope wrap. Think this would work?

Really depends what rod it is, I will measure the distance between clamp studs and PM you the details