Newcomer to West Coast

jcwhite

Jun 27, 2016
Seattle
Name
Cameron
Boat
None
If you want to go out Friday give me a call. I'm heading to Westport tomorrow I got funky signal down there so keep trying or send a text. I'm going to load up on Albacore and then salmon and then lingcod.

Float 6-R
Jason
425 956 4756
Sorry been swamped with work and school the last two days. I'll shoot you a text right now.

Upvote 0

☆THRASHER☆

Thrashing Some Rods.
Jul 23, 2014
Renton WA
Name
Jason Champion
Boat
GW 272 sailfish
Hey fuck you you fucking asshole would you take your Amazon job and shove it up your ass and then take it back to the East Coast with you mother fucker.

Hahahahaha.

Maybe Saturday we'll see.:finger:

Upvote 0

Salmon King

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
Cameron, get your priorities straight! Offshore fishing trumps work, even though it is probably your first week I the job.

Somehow fishing seems to run counter to professional advancement in the corporate world.

Reactions: jcwhite and goatram
Upvote 0

Corey G

Boat ho extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2010
Tacoma, Wa USA
Name
Corey Guild
Boat
Gravy
I am out of PTO but thinking of showing up to Jason's boat pretending to be JCWhite anyway.

Jason would probably never even notice... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Stair Guy
Upvote 0

jcwhite

Jun 27, 2016
Seattle
Name
Cameron
Boat
None
Cameron, get your priorities straight! Offshore fishing trumps work, even though it is probably your first week I the job.

Somehow fishing seems to run counter to professional advancement in the corporate world.
5th week on the job, just don't have much flexibility as an intern. We have 0 vacation days. Therefore I need a few days notice (hard to do in the fishing world, weather and wind I know) to spend some long nights at the office to get ahead for the week.

Upvote 0

jcwhite

Jun 27, 2016
Seattle
Name
Cameron
Boat
None
wow come out and ask for help and a ride is offered up and then your too fucking busy...
Not quite like that. I wish it were as easy as dropping what I was doing and being able to go. If I was self employed then maybe so, but working for a giant corp is a little different, especially as an intern. See above.

Upvote 0

Reel Hooker

“Ice Melter”
Sep 9, 2013
Carnation
www.metropolitandetail.com
Name
Benjamin
Boat
Parker 2320 Long Cabin 'REEL HOOKER'
Not quite like that. I wish it were as easy as dropping what I was doing and being able to go. If I was self employed then maybe so, but working for a giant corp is a little different, especially as an intern. See above.

If you're self employed its harder to take time off, cause if you ain't there you ain't making money to put in the fuel tank. . ..:zelfmoord
working for a large corp is easy, you show up and punch in and punch out. yeah you may have to do some extra work late etc, but that's cause you fucking talk to much while at the water cooler, or on BD. Now we all know if we need someone that is most likely a MAYBE to call you. :idiot:

STRIKE THREE!!:Beat_Them

@goat, told you the time would come the thread dies.:git:

1st time I fished with one of these guys, I canceled a Dinner and movie with my wife (which is priceless if you have kids) cause I knew if i didn't show up, I'd be like you SOL:slap:

Upvote 0

jcwhite

Jun 27, 2016
Seattle
Name
Cameron
Boat
None
If you're self employed its harder to take time off, cause if you ain't there you ain't making money to put in the fuel tank. . ..:zelfmoord
working for a large corp is easy, you show up and punch in and punch out. yeah you may have to do some extra work late etc, but that's cause you fucking talk to much while at the water cooler, or on BD. Now we all know if we need someone that is most likely a MAYBE to call you. :idiot:

STRIKE THREE!!:Beat_Them

@goat, told you the time would come the thread dies.:git:

1st time I fished with one of these guys, I canceled a Dinner and movie with my wife (which is priceless if you have kids) cause I knew if i didn't show up, I'd be like you SOL:slap:
My dad is self employed He works his ass before to get shit done then goes and plays. It is never a maybe with me if I have ample notice OR it's on the weekend. Get your panties out of a wad. Sorry, when I've got a 140k full time offer on the line at the age of 21 I'm not going to piss it away by appeasing some grouchy old men.

Upvote 0

tambs

Yo BD! Color Screens-Invented Mid '50s. Jus sayin.
Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat
"Bottom Line" - 25' Carolina Classic SF
My dad is self employed He works his ass before to get shit done then goes and plays. It is never a maybe with me if I have ample notice OR it's on the weekend. Get your panties out of a wad. Sorry, when I've got a 140k full time offer on the line at the age of 21 I'm not going to piss it away by appeasing some grouchy old men.

You forgot the *drops mic*.

Upvote 0

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney

WOW.........you come here looking for help and you post this trash....bragging about your upcoming "potential" wealth and then dissing. Funny how everybody that grew up around here knows somebody at Boeing, Microsoft, AMAZON....

Goodluck..........

Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    Upvote 0

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
    May 9, 2010
    North of Kali!
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    4 and counting!
    Whoa! Spiderman is in the house!

Ducker!

Reactions: goatram
    Upvote 0

dragonballs

I'm off probation
  • Mar 28, 2008
    Arlington WA
    Name
    Vance
    Boat
    40' ocean sport fisher
    Hang in there grasshopper I can't wait to read your first fishing report. Oh and by the way that should be posted on the "FISHING REPORTS" thread.

Reactions: jcwhite and tambs
    Upvote 0

carrie's bait boy

No ones prostaff
    Apr 17, 2015
    Kent WA and Westport WA
    Name
    norm
    Boat
    Too many
    You poor bastard. We wear thermals, rubber bibs and rain gear, wool socks, and crocs. Well, Roll the Bones does anyway...

We have swells. Typically 4-6' at 8-12 seconds. Swells are high spots in the water every 8-12 seconds. Then add the wind chop... You gonna be able to handle that?

Pay attn to this board daily and you might get an open seat. We generally post them with 1-2 day's notice.

Don't be late
    Ask the Capt his/her (did that for Carrie) rules
    Clean the boat
    Hand the Capt your fair share of cash whether asked or not
    Put up with tons of shit :)
    I was going argue the Carrie makes the rules on our boat reference, but then she walked over topless and I was reminded that she indeed makes the rules.

Upvote 0

jcwhite

Jun 27, 2016
    Seattle
    Name
    Cameron
    Boat
    None
    WOW.........you come here looking for help and you post this trash....bragging about your upcoming "potential" wealth and then dissing. Funny how everybody that grew up around here knows somebody at Boeing, Microsoft, AMAZON....

Goodluck..........
    I think you misunderstood my point. The point being that I'm not going to drop everything that I'm doing to go fish on a last minute notice at the risk of pissing off my team and manager. I don't have that luxury with my lack of seniority at the company.

Upvote 0

jcwhite

Jun 27, 2016
    Seattle
    Name
    Cameron
    Boat
    None

Goodluck..........
    I think you misunderstood my point. The point being that I'm not going to drop everything that I'm doing to go fish on a last minute notice at the risk of pissing off my team and manager. I don't have that luxury with my lack of seniority at the company.

Upvote 0

silver slayer

I've posted enough I should'nt have to edit this
    May 12, 2009
    kitsap county
    Name
    Josh
    Boat
    25' starcraft expedition
    If I were you I wouldn't reply any more you are starting to sound like xtareo or however ya spell it

Upvote 0