New years trip on the shogun (a few pictures)

Dexter Outdoors

tmcustoms

Dec 30, 2012
Sacramento Ca
Name
Taylor Posey
Boat
Baby Lobster
Hey guys thought I would share a few pictures from me and my buddies recent trip on the shogun, it was a blast. Caught a ton of yt kept 15 myself and released quite a few smaller ones less than 10lbs and the seals got a few as well. The iron was the hot ticket for the yt and we caught pretty much everything else on bait. Got into a big flurry of cudas and bonita, I had a cuda right next to the boat with alittle tension on the line he threw the jig and if you look at the pictures you'll see where it landed. Captain Aaron was able to pull it out in a hurry and I was back fishing in about 5 minutes. In the end everyone caught alot of fish one guy caught a dorado and another a bft there were also 3 wsb and 3 halibut caught aswell.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
A couple of other four letter words come to mind.

Did they give you a jig to bite on or use a local anesthetic and a scalpel?

tmcustoms

Dec 30, 2012
Sacramento Ca
Name
Taylor Posey
Boat
Baby Lobster
Captain Arron rigged the hook up with some 200lb spectra and did the line method and jerked it out. Looks nasty and bruised up pretty good but all wad well and it didn't hinder my fishing ability.

skipjackrobert

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
That trebble hook looks like two hooks are burried past the barb! Give up the whole story how did he get it out and what was the damage?
Yea no kidding! Please explain surgery...barb deep...yuk...

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
I read the description and use to 1 barb vs. 2 at that angle...geez..u the man..surgery at sea:)

ReelDealAngler

Born To Fish
Apr 21, 2013
Dana Point,CA
Name
Garry
Boat
Reel Estate
YT along with some real good eating bottom dwellers... truly can't beat that for this time of the year! Those trebles can be real nasty to humans just like they are to the fish... glad everything worked out and you were still able to fish and get your share. Thanks for posting.

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
No bolt cutters both hooks both barbs one pull each hook shank had a piece of spectra tied to it and he jerked them both out at the same time.
Knarly dude! That way it only hurts 1x...:)

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
Did he put any topical pain killer on it?

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
You should have videotaped the extraction!