New to me Crystaliner - Beyond Stoked!

Jul 28, 2015
Newport Beach
Name
NJ
Boat
Crystaliner 29 R/S
Well folks I have been a member for a while but rarely post. Hopefully I now will have a little more content to contribute!

I grew up boating in socal with my family and have always had a serious case of boat on the brain. For two summers in college I taught sailing and worked at one of the fuel docks in Newport. I have owned one lake boat in the past and have been operating my parent’s sailboat and my grandparents Grand Banks 32 for the past few years. My side of the family was never really all that into fishing but over the past year or two I have been catching the bug. I fished a bit last summer off of the Grand Banks but it wasn’t really set up for it.

A few months back one of the boats that I had always loved came up for sale (used to fuel it when I worked at the fuel dock). I kept telling myself it was a bad idea but finally decided I didn’t want to miss the opportunity and got more serious about it. Ended up taking a look at it and then started scouring the market to find some comparisons. Lo and behold I found another gem for sale two docks over and ended up liking it even better. I ended up pulling the trigger and made an offer. After some negotiations and a few weeks of due diligence the deal went through. I took delivery the Friday before Fourth of July. My mechanic buddy and I hustled to replace two chafed transmission cooling lines and we were off to the Island for the Holiday!

Now a little about the boat! It’s a 1984 29’ Crystaliner. The previous owner had owned it for 12 years and taken great care of the boat. Pretty sure he is a member here and he was pretty sad to see it go. Don’t worry it’s in great hands! While owned by the previous owner it underwent what basically amounted to a full regel, re-rig and repower at the Crystaliner factory in 2006. It’s now powered by twin Yanmar’s with just under 1000 hours and only burned 39 gallons round trip to the island at 18 knots on her maiden voyage!

Overall the boat is in great shape and I am beyond stoked. I have a handful of maintenance items and upgrades that I am going to do but it is a really solid starting platform. I will keep you all updated on the progress. Cannot wait to bloody the decks!

The boat will be renamed "Loose Cannon". If you see me around say hello

Here are some pic's

IMG_1318.JPG IMG_1295.JPG IMG_1270.JPG IMG_1301.JPG IMG_1303.JPG IMG_1347.JPG IMG_1268.JPG IMG_1366.JPG

Upvote 0

nefarious235

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
Sure is purdy. Congrats

Upvote 0

twotrack

habitual scopolamine abuser
Dec 14, 2011
San Clemente
Name
Scott
Boat
Sin Barco
What an absolutely perfect Socal heritage ride for our waters. Enjoy.

Upvote 0

Tar Pit

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Mar 7, 2006
    Reno NV
    Name
    Friend of Bucko Shaw
    Boat
    None.
    I can see my old house on the east end of Lido Isle in your photo. Great looking boat.

Upvote 0

gdreisch28

Almost A Member
    Sep 24, 2012
    California
    Name
    Gregory
    Boat
    Crystaliner 29 - "Sundaze"
    Nice! Congrats! Great looking boat that is a score for sure. Hard to find. I have two Crystaliner 29s, one as a work boat and one i am redoing now for fishing.

Reactions: liquidateddamages
    Upvote 0

SQUUID

Almost A Member
    Sep 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Peter
    Boat
    Trophy Pro 2052 Bayrunner 20 CC Zodiac 10
    Welcome to the club and enjoyed reading your post! BOAT=Break Out Another Thousand and the Two Happiest Times of Boat Owner; Buying and Selling.

But worth every penny and all aggravations in between! Really sweet ride!

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
    Jun 28, 2006
    El Cazonn
    Name
    Frank F
    Boat
    Boat-less (Sad)
    Very nice boat
    Enjoy

Upvote 0

starbright55

Dec 4, 2011
    San Diego
    Name
    TH
    Boat
    17' Avon Searider
    Crystaliners are awesome. Had so much fun on them years ago when I was guarding.

Congratulations

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

madrugador

ITS ALL ABOUT THE HUNT
  • Jul 6, 2004
    el cajon
    Name
    chad
    Boat
    26 blackman MADRUGADOR II For sale ,13'6 gregor hoopster
    Seen you at Catalina last week . I was there on my Blackman. Nice looking ride

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
    Jan 29, 2009
    Bakersfield
    Name
    Apogee..
    Boat
    Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
    Very nice boat. A 'Bay Watch' special..but tell me...did you rename the boat properly? Did you ask Poseidon to delete the other name of the boat off of his logs? Did you ask Aeolus for fair winds while supplying copious amounts of libations and food for the witnesses....did you? I recommend this to happen post haste if not...Ap
    IMG_3535.JPG
    IMG_3539.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_3555.JPG
    IMG_1473.JPG
    IMG_3566.JPG
    IMG_3581.JPG
    IMG_1478.JPG

Upvote 0

DC61

Dec 28, 2011
    Dana Point
    Name
    Paul L.
    Boat
    33’ Blackfin
    Great lines. A few years back I owned a 33 Crystaliner. I sure had some fun times with it. Enjoy the boat!

Upvote 0

Latest posts