PHOTOG

Voted "best Elitest"
Sep 22, 2005
Villa park CA.
Name
Jesse
Boat
24’ skipjack FB that needs a repower lol
I done did it now lol. Ive loved blackmans lines since i was a kid living on boats and one dude had one and i always admired it. Such a classic look.

I went ahead and bought this off the classifieds here on BD. Super cool seller and gave plenty of extra goodies as well.

previous owner just had a brand new 80 gallon fuel tank dropped in but the boat still needed to be put back together which i have no issue with since i woulda ripped her open to check the wiring etc.

First peek at wiring and i just started ripping it out, when i saw there was romex solid strand household wire in there i had to start over. Fires on boat is baaaad mmmmkay.
Old wiring out, i refoamed around the new fuel tank, plumbed the fill/vent lines completing that. Then bolted the console back down.

then rewired the switch panel with new marine grade wire, the rain picked up so it shut me down for the time being but got it started at least.
I am beyond stoked to actually own a Blackman. Legendary boats. 🍻

963AAA27-DA3F-4FE8-B7C6-C5643A4A52C7.jpeg

simmo13

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 12, 2010
Lb inshore
Name
Simmo
Boat
19’ baja bayrunner!!!!!
Beautiful lines on that skiff. More photos, the before pics are just as fun as after.

Reactions: PHOTOG
Upvote 0

tuna sniffer

SD '63
Jun 16, 2005
La Mesa
Name
Mark
Boat
1 tin 1 glass
I love seeing clean wiring. It makes troubleshooting so much easier down the road. I like how you created the looms using zip ties. I will definitely incorporate this into my future rewires. Nice work!

Upvote 0

PHOTOG

Voted "best Elitest"
Sep 22, 2005
Villa park CA.
Name
Jesse
Boat
I love seeing clean wiring. It makes troubleshooting so much easier down the road. I like how you created the looms using zip ties. I will definitely incorporate this into my future rewires. Nice work!

uea i get bit adhd with wiring because i HATE messy looms and trying to find issues in messy wires. I put a zip around the bundle then put a small one between each wire. And i try to keep the wires in the position they are on switch panel. Makes issues easy to find.

Upvote 0

calicopro

Nov 20, 2003
La Mesa
Visit site
Name
Larry
Boat
17' Boston Whaler Montauk.... "Chocolate Bass"
Stoked for you bro! I used to ride the bus by the Blackman factory in high school drooling the whole way. Always loved the look.

Upvote 0

PHOTOG

Voted "best Elitest"
Sep 22, 2005
Villa park CA.
Name
Jesse
Boat
Got some more done on the blackman.

got console re mounted and secured, all electrical is in now, trim tilt did not operate and had a ratsnest on the wiring, cut it all out and rewired the relays and she is working now in original config with new wire.

dumped a few gallons of gas into the new tank (i made sure the tank grounding is all tits prior), checked around the engine a bit, dialed in a few things and she fires right up. Stoked.
Put in all new gauges as well, old ones were roached.

sanded the woodwork and re-varnished. I love wood on boats, maybe because i was raised on old wood boats but i love when boats have wood trim. Perf

Then geeked out a tad with the compound and buffer, starting to look good

I have another trailer so at this point i need to launch the rig and then retrieve onto the new trailer as this one its on is rotted out bigly.
Im stoked beyond belief. Love this boat.

D8487CB2-55E6-4DAC-BAF7-7D7689E73647.jpeg

7FE14897-1863-49A4-B108-1EDE7E00C535.jpeg

Upvote 0

fly liner

Apr 10, 2009
hemet ca USA
Name
Josh
Boat
21' crystaliner /15' prowler
Looking good. Getting everything rebuilt and refinished always feels great. Whats your plan with the deck. I used kiwigrip on mine, easy to apply, I like it so far.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Great job on a classic!

Upvote 0

PHOTOG

Voted "best Elitest"
    Sep 22, 2005
    Villa park CA.
    Name
    Jesse
    Boat
    Looking good. Getting everything rebuilt and refinished always feels great. Whats your plan with the deck. I used kiwigrip on mine, easy to apply, I like it so far.

i plan on touching up a few spots on the deck, no major issues just a few small cracks. I will look into kiwigrip for sure thanks for the tip!

Upvote 0

PHOTOG

Voted "best Elitest"
    Sep 22, 2005
    Villa park CA.
    Name
    Jesse
    Boat
    Well she got dipped today! Super stoked just took the lady and one of the kids and cruised newport harbor and made sure all is good. Runs great without a hiccup so far. Need to adjust the throttles but other than that its dialed.

71CEBB18-F7A9-4ED6-AA29-E57A41776F28.jpeg

D66DF3CD-819B-43EB-912B-6F8B02AC92F0.jpeg

DC689F08-3035-4492-870F-BFAF6FFE8D96.jpeg

Upvote 0

muletrain

Sep 9, 2006
    san clemente
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    Carolina skiff for the bay / Hobie Mirage
    Pride of ownership shows. The wiring, woodwork, gauges all looks beautiful. Enjoy your new sled.

Thanks for sharing

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    She looks good in the water!