allirks
  • May 26, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Len
    Boat
    Camo Whammo
    Move over Malihini...

"The U.S. Navy is looking to divest its nearly-new Mk VI patrol boats, the oldest of which are just six years old..."

message-editor_1613405596208-mkvi-well.jpg
    message-editor_1613414268615-moored.jpg
    161104-N-ZC343-293.jpeg

Preinstalled port and starboard tuna doors!
    unnamed.jpg

Spotter drone optional.
    navy-petty-officer-3rd-class-neil-wierboski-prepares-an-unmamned-aerial-vehicle-for-launch-abo...jpg

May 8, 2020
    Point Loma
    Name
    Troy
    Boat
    Fun Ones
    I had a buddy who welded these things together for the Navy. They are doubled hulled; and have freshwater tanks that lay right in between the two hulls as well. It would be a nightmare, for coast guard to go through and inspect all of that.

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
    Dec 12, 2003
    So Cal
    Name
    Clay
    Boat
    n/a
    Move over Malihini...

"The U.S. Navy is looking to divest its nearly-new Mk VI patrol boats, the oldest of which are just six years old..."

View attachment 1254680View attachment 1254681View attachment 1254682

Preinstalled port and starboard tuna doors!
    View attachment 1254683

Spotter drone optional.
    View attachment 1254687
    Won't get to Alijos and back on a tank.
    Four hours to Cortes would be nice though!

Reactions: Let em eat 74

lkatdpelicanfly

Lizard Fish Slayer
    Jun 23, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Frank
    Boat
    no
    The retrofit on these would likely be prohibitive. They’d probably require engine replacement as the navy isn’t that fuel conscious.

They could just drive it to the Seiner grounds off the Baja coast and intercept all the drug-running cartel pangas loaded w. cargo and gas cans to finance their fuel. Maybe pickup a few new kickers to resell as well.

Cody B

Almost A Member
    Feb 21, 2018
    So Cal
    Name
    Cody
    Boat
    NA
    If I ever win the lotto, I will build a new sport boat with a couple SeaKeepers. 95’x30’ all state of the art. We all can dream right.

skrilla

allirks
  • May 26, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Len
    Boat
    Camo Whammo
    The retrofit on these would likely be prohibitive. They’d probably require engine replacement as the navy isn’t that fuel conscious.

DERA grant request for application is open!

I had a buddy who welded these things together for the Navy. They are doubled hulled; and have freshwater tanks that lay right in between the two hulls as well. It would be a nightmare, for coast guard to go through and inspect all of that.

IIRC the Q may have been double hulled.

If I ever win the lotto, I will build a new sport boat with a couple SeaKeepers. 95’x30’ all state of the art. We all can dream right.

Well if you ever need a boat ho... :D