JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
"007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
Boat made it to the Pasha yard yesterday and should be loaded onto the M/V Jean Anne in the next couple of days for the sail over on the 23rd. The experience of purchasing the boat from the mainland and having it shipped was a challange but was lucky enough to deal with some solid, ethical and standup companies along the way. If anyone is looking into shipping a boat over I'd be happy to talk you through the process I used. My key was getting a quality surveyor and a complete and detailed survey prior to pulling the trigger. I was suprised at the number of "diamonds in the rough" that were out there, the market favors the buyer in a big way. Want to thank Pat and Mike and the Foxy Lady for making the withdrawl not having my own boat a little easier. Next round is on me. Took the kids to Lake Wilson a few times with a friends 15' whaler and the fishing was great, mucho bass in numbers just no size yet. My daughter Nicole is the reining champ which is a huge thorn in both my boys side:rofl:. Here are some photos of of the new boat 1996 Pursuit Offshore, twin 250hp Crusader 350XL's. Still trying to come up with the name as 007 is not my thing.

NEW SLED.jpg

NEW SLED1.jpg

NEW SLED2.jpg

New Trailer3.jpg

NEW SLED4.jpg

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Joe & family,
Way to go on pulling the trigger; fished on friends 27-28' pursuit (twin yami OB's) 06 thru 09, solid boat and pursuit has quite a bit of history in the boat building business. Glad to hear all the positive comments you made about the process that's very refreshing. Looking forward to some fishin' reports on the soon to be named Roland Family fish killa!!!

Pat

JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
Russ,
Kathy likes the 808 idea says your of a creative mind. My callsign at work is WINGS 00 and when I send messages back to the Operation Center I use W00, the guys working the floor used to ask "who is woo" the kids think I should name her "WOO WHO".

beauchat

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 12, 2009
Kaneohe,Hawaii
Name
Russ
Boat
17 Radon
Russ,
Kathy likes the 808 idea says your of a creative mind. My callsign at work is WINGS 00 and when I send messages back to the Operation Center I use W00, the guys working the floor used to ask "who is woo" the kids think I should name her "WOO WHO".
All of those names sound good. You might want to abandon using O all together. Goodluck with that boat, looks like a solid performer.

molokaipake

May 8, 2008
Kaunakakai, Molokai, USA
Name
capt clay
Boat
24 foot power catamaran, "Hallelujah Hou", 18 foot Prima Sea flatsboat, "Keu" for flyfishing
Maybe you should name it "puka pocket". With them big gas engines, it'll be a fast ride to the gas station. Not being critical here, please don't be offended, just commenting, really nice boat, should handle the rough waters nicely, watch out fish!

East Side

Certified Masterb8er
Feb 16, 2010
Kaneohe
Name
James
Boat
23' Custom, Caroline II
Sexy boat.

Would be cherry if the helm was moved forward more so you could be protected by a nice eisenglass enclosure.

all_bent

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 28, 2009
da koas
Name
all bent
Boat
25 Lightnin Radon
WOW that boat is NICE. always loved the soft ride of mainland boats with the big V. only downside is landing big fish since they have such high gunnel height, man we had such hard times pullin in 150 lb size ahi, gotta time the wave right

JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
I hope to have the problem of getting big fish over the gunnel (ha ha), I was thinking of using the transom for any heavy fish after they've been dispatched. The boat has the full eisenglass enclosure and should be dry when up, the waters off the NS will be a good test of that theory. I looked far and wide for the center console setup as I'm in the middle of the fray when fishing with novices or myself.

JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
W06,
Kathy says to name it the "WOO WHO", although PUKA Pocket may be more appropriate. Not a bad deal a 28' tender for the ski, only a small fee required for securing and icing down your catch.

buoywx

Jun 29, 2010
Paia
www.buoyweather.com
Name
Dan
Boat
Skipjack 24 "WAVEWATCHIII"
Cool boat! I just did the same thing a few month's ago. Bought the boat in California and shipped it here via pasha. Sight unseen purchase. Had it surveyed and my brother in-law that lives nearby handled the paperwork and towed it to San Diego for me.

My boat is nice and I am stoked. Dealing with pasha was very easy. It cost $4,400 for mine in case any is curious. Bought from a BD'er. Here was the post:

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/members-boats-sale/229896-skipjack-24-flybridge-22-900-a.html

May 16, 2006
sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
Name
mike
Boat
25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
Cool boat! I just did the same thing a few month's ago. Bought the boat in California and shipped it here via pasha. Sight unseen purchase. Had it surveyed and my brother in-law that lives nearby handled the paperwork and towed it to San Diego for me.

My boat is nice and I am stoked. Dealing with pasha was very easy. It cost $4,400 for mine in case any is curious. Bought from a BD'er. Here was the post:

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/members-boats-sale/229896-skipjack-24-flybridge-22-900-a.html
Nice skipjack!!!! you must be killing it with that bait tank!!!

navyaircrew

Jun 27, 2007
Trollin' Dirty 96744
Name
Scott
Boat
2001 Pro-Line 20 Walk
Hey Joe... Nice boat brotha... straight shafts... sick dude! Great ride for sure... no worry about a high gunnel.. i do just fine in mine... i feel like i won't fall out of the boat with shallow gunnels fishing solo.... where you gonna keep it? in the water or out?

JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
Yea the gunnels make it nice when the kids are out fishing with me, no worries about the little man going swimming unannounced. I'll be keeping it up in Waialua on the trailer but for long weekends might just pay Paul for the transient slip up here in Haleiwa.

CHRISTINA GAIL

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 24, 2009
HONOLULU, HI
Name
BEN
Boat
21 ALI'I KAI - CHRISTINA GAIL
I'VE ALWAYS LIKED PURSUIT BOATS, WELL BUILT AND NICE LOOKING! I REALLY LIKE "WOO WHO"! HOPEFULLY YOU WILL BE SAYING THAT SOON, WHEN THAT BIG FISH IS AT YOUR TRANSOM!

The Notorious S.U.A.

Sep 10, 2008
Orange County
Name
George
Boat
Sporties
save some money and just write "is not my thing" next to the 007 with a sharpie....

UGM134

Sep 22, 2010
Aiea HI
Boat
27' Grady White Chase Koa Kai
Very Nice Ride. Bought a Grady White that was shipped in from the Mainland 3 years ago and it is worth it. Nice fishing boat and nice boat to take the family out for a swim off of Waikiki.