New: Simrad Evo3S Next Generation (NSS9/NSS12/NSS16)

ShadowX

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
It seems like Simrad just came out with the new EVO3S line of fish finders with smaller screens (NSS9/NSS12). The EVO3S NSO line has been out since January (16/19/24 inch size), but this is the first I heard for the NSS9/NSS12 size.

It looks like it has a faster 6 core processor and updated SolarMax screen for polarized glasses. It also claims a 1KW Chirp sonar module. I think the EVO3 has only a 600W Chirp sonar module. Some claim its Android-based, but I didn't see any information on the web site regarding the OS. Other than that, it doesn't seem that much different than the EVO3 line of their fish finders. I can't wait to try one out.

Last edited:

Papa "J"

May 8, 2003
OffShore
Name
Jason
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
Still hasn't been released. hopefully in very near future since they are advertising it. They had the Solarmax display in the older version and a 1KW Sonar as well. It;s just a new upgraded version with a new chipset so it's a bit faster. Not sure what the OS is. The new maps are supposed to be really good and a lot more detailed, but I don't think they go south of the border. Still going to use my Navionics 644P+ chip.

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
Yeah, I have been watching for the past few days because my buddy is looking for a new fish finder. I just noticed they updated the web page because the pages weren't there just two days ago. The Evo3S changes doesn't seem impressive enough to be worth the extra $1700 for a NSS12 Evo3S vs Evo3. Its nicer to have a faster processor, but the current generation is fast enough to handle what we do now.

My buddy has the 644P+ Navionics chip also. The new sonarchart shading maps that came out in June/July of this year is pretty awesome. It feels like Google earth and the standard Navionics map combined without turning on the satellite overlay features. Its definitely worth downloading if you have a current subscription.

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
Most new product with processor upgrades have a higher cost. When the end of life for the older processor is announced, the evos3 will come down in price.

The big units are insane