Almost A Member
Feb 1, 2012
San Diego
www.oceanicangler.com
Name
Ray
Boat
none
Went out on the noon half day run today on the New Seaforth. Chatted with the morning run anglers. They said they ran into a nice sized school of Yellows. They were able to land 6 bigger grade Yellowtail.

So me and about 25 other anglers took off and we ended up stopping 10 minutes from our original destination. We were fortunate to have live squid for bait. Captain wants us to soak some squid at this spot. Within minutes an Angler hooks up and ends up with a huge WSB. It topped off at 54 pounds, a beast. Soon after another angler hooks up and ends up catching a huge Black Seabass. it was released safely. After a few minutes we take off heading for some rockfish.

005uav.jpg

We stop and we anchor up. The second my bait hit the bottom, I was on. Ended up catching a nice Red. This went on for the rest of the trip. it was semi wide open on all you can eat rockfish. Even a huge school of Mackeral joined in for the fun. Overall a great day on the water. Not too hot, not too cool, the fishing was good and the beer was cold...

009qqk.jpg

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I would have went ballistic when the call was made to leave tanker WSB and head for Treefish...:1041677399::Exploding_Smiley:

Upvote 0