New Rayanne

bullsprig2

Jul 8, 2007
Santa Maria
Name
Howard
Boat
n/a
A group of us from central and southern California made the drive to Sausalito and fished salmon for two days on the New Rayann. I am super impressed with Captain Johnny. The boat is spotless and he is dialed in on salmon fishing. He is energetic and truly enjoys taking people fishing. His deck hand Matt has been on the boat for two years. He is a young man who never stopped working. He was checking our baits, our rigs, and keeping our energy up while we waited out the salmon. When we hooked one Matt or Johnny were on top of the situation keeping tangles from happening and verbally coaching us to catch the fish. Those barb less hooks are a nightmare. We lost quite a few over the two days. The majority of the salmon were 15- 18 pounders with fish up to 25. The fall is coming, the salmon are big and biting. Give the New Rayann a shot. You won't be disappointed

STANWOOD BOB

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 1, 2012
WA
Name
Bob
Boat
NA
FWIW I left California for greener pastures in Washington state close to 20 years ago and if I ever do a Nor Cal trip again it would be with Johnny! Remember John being Ray's deckhand a looooong time ago and I could see he had "it" then! Fished the New Rayann for 13+ years and some weeks 1-2 days a week believe it or not along fishing with my brother too! John is 200% all the time! Too many great stories to share about WFO bites on evening summer trips with 8-10 BIG fish hanging at one time! Best time ever! Thanks for jogging this Old Guys memory tonight!!

Reactions: bullsprig2

Seaohh

Sep 27, 2014
Name
Seaohh
Boat
Wellcraft V20 / Ranger 520VS / Farallon 27
A group of us from central and southern California made the drive to Sausalito and fished salmon for two days on the New Rayann. I am super impressed with Captain Johnny. The boat is spotless and he is dialed in on salmon fishing. He is energetic and truly enjoys taking people fishing. His deck hand Matt has been on the boat for two years. He is a young man who never stopped working. He was checking our baits, our rigs, and keeping our energy up while we waited out the salmon. When we hooked one Matt or Johnny were on top of the situation keeping tangles from happening and verbally coaching us to catch the fish. Those barb less hooks are a nightmare. We lost quite a few over the two days. The majority of the salmon were 15- 18 pounders with fish up to 25. The fall is coming, the salmon are big and biting. Give the New Rayann a shot. You won't be disappointed

Couldn’t agree more! Old school roots and great job coaching newbies at the same time. What really amazed me was how Johnny and Matt both quickly memorized everybody’s names. Also love the fact that they pack a bunch of ice to ensure good fish care as well.