Not open for further replies.

sbsurfer

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 19, 2010
Name
Mark
Boat Name
29ft Radon - 15ft Hobie Power Skiff
Bend over, does that come with a lifetime of blow jobs or something????? What am I missing? I mean yeah their good boats, but 3X the cost of a Parker, c'mon. No wonder there are none down here. Who can afford that?

Enough people can afford it that you'll be waiting a long while to get a new one if you wanted to put in an order.

Parkers are affordable boats catering to a certain market and like most things in life you get what you pay for. For example even the resin used in the build process is different between the two brands. Parker uses polyester resin and Radon uses ISO resin...big difference in cost of materials.

If you think Radon's are expensive spend some time looking at some high end east coast builders.

Upvote 0

Windy Bay

Aug 2, 2008
Elkton, OR
Name
Larry
Boat Name
2 Skipjack Sports Cruisers both under construction
I do know a guy who is a friend here in Oregon that has one that could be refereed to as a turd that needs a major polish. He kinda collects boats. His current inventory is 2 skippy 20 opens, 1 24 open, the Radon which I am not sure if it is a 24 or 26, 2 skipjack 25 sport cruisers, 2 33 foot montereys. a bayliner, one other that I am not sure of the brand. and I KNOW I am forgetting a couple. He has had a couple of guys interested in the Radon, but they never came up here to look. I am sure that 25 to 30k would make it a nice boat.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 18, 2005
So Cal
Name
mark
Boat Name
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
What does your buddy want for the turd radon?Is he looking to sell or just contemplating.

Upvote 0

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat Name
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
Saw a Radon 40' at the islands the other day. Can't even imagine the debt that owner is running.

Reactions: ultimatejay
Upvote 0

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat Name
If it's a newer 40ft Radon I doubt the owner is too worried about it, if you can afford one of those then you're not too worried about money.
Brand new.

Reactions: sbsurfer
Upvote 0

uglyducky

I heard there was gonna be cake?
Dec 5, 2017
Los Angeles
Name
Jesse Collin
Boat Name
It's complicated
Don is still in business in Goleta. Jeff got a 29 and 16 mold from Ron Jr and made his own 22 mold...which rides extremely well.
You need to tell everyone about your murder vessel! That thing is ridiculous and Jeff is well worth every dollar he charges. Comparing a Parker to a Jeff Hull custom or a Radon is like comparing a Supra to a 911.

Upvote 0

sbsurfer

Feb 19, 2010
Name
Mark
Boat Name
Brand new.

Probably this one, FV Pacifico...one badass sled outta SB.

IMG_1587.PNG

Upvote 0

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat Name
Probably this one, FV Pacifico...one badass sled outta SB.

View attachment 1428666
That was the one. His boat was so sexy that I wasn't even looking at his female companion like my wife thought. I was two cans one row back from it and I kept having boat envy.

Reactions: sbsurfer
Upvote 0

jigstrike

SCUBA Spearing Daddy
Feb 28, 2004
Sabre Springs
Name
Tom McKinney
Boat Name
Pacific Option, a 2006 Tiara 3000 Open
The original radon hull was designed, iirc to carry a large weight, down swell [urchin divers returning from the islands. And it dies that better than anything else. They are well made and solid survivors to a rugged fishery.

But that doesnt mean they are the best boat for you. For example, a San Diego boat is likely to fish south and return home usually upswell. And our day of sport fishing may not require the weight carrying of a commercial urchin vessel.

But as a custom boat built more solid than a brick shit house, worth every penny. You can spend less and still have a fine boat however

Upvote 0

ultimatejay

Jan 11, 2019
Anaheim
Name
Jarrett Lynch
Boat Name
Cayman 226
Theres plenty of people with money out there apparently as there is a two year waiting list to get one. Or should I say, once ordered, two year upon completion. I spoke with Don Radon the other day. He said he can make however you like. Very nice guy

Reactions: One_Leg and marlyn
Upvote 0

ultimatejay

Jan 11, 2019
Anaheim
Name
Jarrett Lynch
Boat Name
Cayman 226
All this hype on Radon and they are very nice boats but the more I have been looking at boats the more I'm starting to like Farallons. Very similar hull design but the Farallon does way better in head seas than Radon and fishing wise theres nothing better than the complete walk around deck and huge fishing platform and storage.

Upvote 0

ultimatejay

Jan 11, 2019
Anaheim
Name
Jarrett Lynch
Boat Name
Cayman 226
Its interesting how much people are willing to pay for one. Guy near me has a 20 and he has a list of people that want to buy it. He hasn’t had the boat in the water in 15 years. But he just wont sell it and move on.
Thats just like the guy who has on old classic car in his driveway rotting away and wont sell it to anyone. I cant stand people like that.

Reactions: skiff
Upvote 0

Bottom Dragger

Almost A Member
Jun 13, 2021
San Dimas
Name
Bill
Boat Name
Yes
Thats just like the guy who has on old classic car in his driveway rotting away and wont sell it to anyone. I cant stand people like that.
Now your talking about my neighbor, driveway full of Dodge Darts, garage with 2 50-something station wagons and his entire house is fully of Norton m/c engine parts.
Then there's 2 sheds that's likely more of the same.
Probably has a f-ing gold mine there but then 3 months ago he up and died !

Some junk haulers will probably get scrap value for all of it.

Upvote 0

starbright55

Dec 4, 2011
San Diego
Name
TH
Boat Name
17' Avon Searider
All this hype on Radon and they are very nice boats but the more I have been looking at boats the more I'm starting to like Farallons. Very similar hull design but the Farallon does way better in head seas than Radon and fishing wise theres nothing better than the complete walk around deck and huge fishing platform and storage.
Hull design is completely different.

Reactions: skiff and One_Leg
Upvote 0

sbsurfer

Feb 19, 2010
Name
Mark
Boat Name

How many Radon's and Farallon's you been on?

Upvote 0

ultimatejay

Jan 11, 2019
Anaheim
Name
Jarrett Lynch
Boat Name
Cayman 226
Went fishing at Catalina on Saturday and as we were moving to spots I saw a Radon in the distance. It was Aqua blue 1979 beauty. We pull up close to it and yelled at the guys, "nice boat". They were really nice and we ended up talking for several minutes. Turns out the boat is 1979 and has been in his family ever since. It was refurbished and it looked really good. The only thing he said that he didnt like about the boat is that it did not handle head seas very well. He said it pounded, but down seas it was a beast. Anyways, if you are the guys that own this boat, thanks for talking to us and awesome boat.

Upvote 0

LTrain0614

May 8, 2013
Orange
Name
L Train
Boat Name
27' Radon LRB
Downhill vs uphill ... gotta pick 1. Can't have the best of boath worlds.

After a long day of fishing, getting home quick & comfortably is always priority for me, like most ppl who appreciate the Radon hulls.

Upvote 0

Malcom3500

Oct 3, 2022
Santa Barbara, California
Name
Travis Mead
I keep hearing that Radon is one if not the best boat you can get for the WestCoast. However, when I'm out fishing I never see any. All I see are hundreds of Parkers. If Radon is so good how come you don't see them all over the place? Looks like they are still making them new. Is it just the ridiculous pricing?
I would look farther up the coast. I know there’s always a few for sale up here near SB county.

Reactions: ultimatejay
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.