Phishy Phil

Almost A Member
Jun 15, 2019
SoCal
Name
Phil
Boat Name
Vagbond
In the main lot in front of the landings, are the spaces numbered? If I pull into the lot and park in a numbered space, then go to the kiosks to pay, is it Possible that spot may already be reserved by someone else that has not arrived yet? If so, then what? If their are 15 parking spots open, how does someone know if they are reserved by someone else?
To my knowledge, there are no reservations. Find an open spot, park, walk to the nearest kiosk, enter license plate number, and pay. Slots are marked but the system does not ask for the number.

Upvote 0

Cubeye

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat Name
17' Gregor
To my knowledge, there are no reservations. Find an open spot, park, walk to the nearest kiosk, enter license plate number, and pay. Slots are marked but the system does not ask for the number.
I read here on BD by a couple of posters that the Space number is required, but they may have been referring to another parking lot. The ACE app does not require you to post the space number that you are in.

I would wait until I got to the lot, find a space, then pay. If you prepay, and can't find a spot, you will, more than likely ,not get a refund.

If you pay cash, bring the exact amount. The machine does not give change.

Upvote 0

Kevin A

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat Name
    25' aqua sport
    The new parking system and parking in general still sucks. You still need to drive around endlessly to find an open spot.
    there is no gate, so dropping gear, driving around shouldn’t require being charged for that.
    You have to input your Lic #, the kiosk takes cash or credit card. You don’t input the space number. You have to be careful when inputting the number of days. It calculates each 24 hour period from the time you start as one day. The ticket will print out and check the date time it expires. If you mess it up, you can’t just buy an extra day or cancel your previous to fix it.
    Good news is I never saw anyone checking plates…. Maybe they are giving us some time on the new system.
    I think we need a scam/shortcut for forum members parking. Anybody got a couple extra spaces? 8$/day plus a shuttle, lol. You would still make money.
    The Easy Short Cut would be 15lb sledge hammer and go to town on every kiosk and take a picture of all the disabled kiosks, then park and go on your trip. ⚒️

Upvote 0

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
    Oct 1, 2009
    Green Valley, Az
    Name
    Lou Salatich
    Boat Name
    none
    It has become a real pain in the ass to fish San Diego LR. The Ramada is the only reasonable and convenient place to to stay. My four trips of 7 plush days of long range fishing will be cut to one trip a year beginning 2023. It is now less hassle to make arrangements and fish Mexico.

Upvote 0

afraser

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Apr 20, 2008
    sf, ca
    Name
    aaron
    Boat Name
    NA
    Who can we petition to get a security guard on duty for the lots? I mean, the cars are sitting ducks. If I was a thief and I knew cars would be parked overnight with no person nearby, that would be the first place I'd go. I'm never parking a new vehicle in this place.

Reactions: Kevin A
    Upvote 0

Day0ne

Dec 24, 2004
    Texas
    Name
    David
    Boat Name
    233 Formula Shadowdancer
    I can't believe you guys. 108 replies just because they changed the payment method. They put in the same system here in Galveston to replace the "stuff the money in the slot" system. A great improvement and the learning curve was about 20 seconds. Talk about resistant to change.

Upvote 0

tunacraze

• Nov 27, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    Steve Brunton
    Boat Name
    The Big Ones
    I can't believe you guys. 108 replies just because they changed the payment method. They put in the same system here in Galveston to replace the "stuff the money in the slot" system. A great improvement and the learning curve was about 20 seconds. Talk about resistant to change.
    Most of us are old and grumpy.

Upvote 0

Mendomike

Apr 1, 2022
    Weimar, Ca
    Name
    Mike Ayers
    Boat Name
    Don’t own a boat
    i started this post a month ago and am totally surprised at the replies. i was just trying to be nice and give some fellow fisherman a heads up. i fly in 100% of the time. lots of opinions thats for sure... take care

• Haha
    Reactions: Blackfish
    Upvote 0

Kevin A

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat Name
    25' aqua sport
    Your missing the Big Picture, Or your just reading what you want to read. It's not that people are bitching about the new payment system, There bitching about the gates and security going away!!! Their has been some issues with cars getting stolen or broken into with the old system, With gates and security in place. Now the security and gates are a thing of the past. The Thefts or cars getting broken into will go way up! I'm sure a lot of people don't have a resistant to changes, As long as it's for the better!!! In this case it's far from better and it's only lining the pocket books with more money with less overhead for the lease holder!!!!

Reactions: Cubeye
    Upvote 0

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
    Apr 7, 2004
    San Diego North County
    Name
    Jim
    Boat Name
    Chelsea Rae
    So here is some real life intel about the parking.....I went down to check and was told in no uncertain terms by all three landings that prepaying a spot won't happen because they would be towing cars all day and there would be zero guarantee / refund if your spot was filled when you arrived. I just did a short trip with my son and it was pretty chill....find a spot, which was on a Sunday and spaces were plentiful, space number/plate number/card / ticket on dash....done.
    Now regarding the fact there is no person at the lot....will break ins occur....yes but they happened when a person was there also and the best way to stop the theft of your vehicle is simple....take the coil wire with you....gotta have air, fuel and spark....no spark...no start.
    None of this applies to me as I live 25 mins from the landing and my wife drives me to the landing and as she says" Dumps my ass off with enough gear to sink the damn boat"....I think she likes getting rid of me for 7 - 15 days at a time :)

Just go fishing and don't sweat the small stuff and besides....it's all small stuff.

BTW- Fishybuzz.....see you in a week ;)

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

• Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat Name
    Excel, American Angler
    So here is some real life intel about the parking.....I went down to check and was told in no uncertain terms by all three landings that prepaying a spot won't happen because they would be towing cars all day and there would be zero guarantee / refund if your spot was filled when you arrived. I just did a short trip with my son and it was pretty chill....find a spot, which was on a Sunday and spaces were plentiful, space number/plate number/card / ticket on dash....done.
    Now regarding the fact there is no person at the lot....will break ins occur....yes but they happened when a person was there also and the best way to stop the theft of your vehicle is simple....take the coil wire with you....gotta have air, fuel and spark....no spark...no start.
    None of this applies to me as I live 25 mins from the landing and my wife drives me to the landing and as she says" Dumps my ass off with enough gear to sink the damn boat"....I think she likes getting rid of me for 7 - 15 days at a time :)

Just go fishing and don't sweat the small stuff and besides....it's all small stuff.

BTW- Fishybuzz.....see you in a week ;)

Agreed, some times I think we just way over think things

Upvote 0

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Kub
    Boat Name
    17' Gregor
    For those that are still concerned about how the new parking system works, here's some additional information:

Kiosk Machines:
    They have several along the walkway. Easy to find.
    They are pretty much Idiot Proof. Simple as pushing A-B-C-D.
    They require your vehicle license number, Cash, or Credit card. That's it.
    The machine will ask you how many hours or days you plan to stay. If you choose the day option, be sure that you calculate in hours and not calendar days.

No need to record you space number.
    No need to put the receipt on the dash board. Your license number is registered with them
    The Lot is inspected at lease once a day. When I was there, it was being inspected at 8:30am. When I talked to the Inspector, he said that out of the first 20 cars, he had given out 4 tickets. $40/day I believe he said.
    If you are a few hours beyond your stay, he might let you slide, but is it worth taking that chance?
    He told me that he knows Lori in the AA office and will check with her if there is a boat arrival delay.
    If you are double parked and in your vehicle, he will not ticket you. If you leave your vehicle, you are taking a chance.
    Your vehicle will not be towed unless you have been ticketed several times. They had no plans about towing any vehicle as of the present time.

The machine calculates in 24 hour increments, except for the first two hours. If you are familiar with these machines, you may be able to pay in different increments, like 52 hours, or whatever, but, for me, it isn't worth the effort.

Hope this clarifies any concerns about the new parking system.

Upvote 0

afraser

• Apr 20, 2008
    sf, ca
    Name
    aaron
    Boat Name
    NA
    For those that are still concerned about how the new parking system works, here's some additional information:

Kiosk Machines:
    The machine will ask you how many hours or days you plan to stay. If you choose the day option, be sure that you calculate in hours and not calendar days.

No need to put the receipt on the dash board. Your license number is registered with them
    The Lot is inspected at lease once a day. When I was there, it was being inspected at 8:30am. When I talked to the Inspector, he said that out of the first 20 cars, he had given out 4 tickets. $40/day I believe he said.
    If you are a few hours beyond your stay, he might let you slide, but is it worth taking that chance?
    He told me that he knows Lori in the AA office and will check with her if there is a boat arrival delay.
    If you are double parked and in your vehicle, he will not ticket you. If you leave your vehicle, you are taking a chance.
    Your vehicle will not be towed unless you have been ticketed several times. They had no plans about towing any vehicle as of the present time.

The machine calculates in 24 hour increments, except for the first two hours. If you are familiar with these machines, you may be able to pay in different increments, like 52 hours, or whatever, but, for me, it isn't worth the effort.

That’s a terrible system. It is designed to get you to mess up on the hours or overpay to be sure you don’t. A much simpler system would require you to use your card in and out, you know like at every airport. At a minimum they should automatically allow fisherman with proof of payment at landings to appeal any tickets. But if it’s like any other parking system there is no such thing as a successful appeal.

Upvote 0

vipertom1970

Tuna Sniper
    Oct 26, 2015
    Inland Empire
    Name
    tom
    Boat Name
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    I parked at the Pizza Nova lot facing the street and paid $144 for my 8 day trip but other guys paid like $90 inside the lot where the booth for the same trip. Is this correct ??

Upvote 0

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Kub
    Boat Name
    17' Gregor
    I parked at the Pizza Nova lot facing the street and paid $144 for my 8 day trip but other guys paid like $90 inside the lot where the booth for the same trip. Is this correct ??
    That is correct. In the area that you parked, times and prices vary. Probably because of the shops, restaurants, and businesses in the area.

The Scott Lot #0184, which is the main lot servicing the three landings is $12,00/24hours.

The American Angler explains all of this via email to all their passengers. Don't know about the other boats.

Reactions: vipertom1970
    Upvote 0

Tom Honaker

Sep 27, 2015
    Hotchkiss Colorado
    Name
    Tom Honaker
    Boat Name
    Royal Star

Kiosk Machines:

That's some good info!

Reactions: Cubeye
    Upvote 0

afraser

• Apr 20, 2008
    sf, ca
    Name
    aaron
    Boat Name
    NA
    Can't book anything in lot 184, the one at the landings. This is quite possibly the worst system. Who owns this lot? I'd like to know who to address complaints.

Upvote 0

Mendomike

Apr 1, 2022
    Weimar, Ca
    Name
    Mike Ayers
    Boat Name
    Don’t own a boat
    Your missing the Big Picture, Or your just reading what you want to read. It's not that people are bitching about the new payment system, There bitching about the gates and security going away!!! Their has been some issues with cars getting stolen or broken into with the old system, With gates and security in place. Now the security and gates are a thing of the past. The Thefts or cars getting broken into will go way up! I'm sure a lot of people don't have a resistant to changes, As long as it's for the better!!! In this case it's far from better and it's only lining the pocket books with more money with less overhead for the lease holder!!!!
    Good point

Upvote 0