polfishski

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 5, 2008
Descanso
Name
Tom
Boat
20 SkipJack (Tail Chaser)
My Skippy is plumbed for a head. Wife would like to have a real potty for the up coming season. What have you guys installed and what was the cost ? Thanks Tom

Revival

Aug 31, 2012
NB
Name
Nathan
Boat
20' skipjack flybridge
Porta potti 2.5 gal is what I put on my 20' skippy.

willyok

Apr 10, 2012
San diego, CA
Name
Will
Boat
Aloha Lady 33' K&C.
Porta potties are the easiest solution on smaller boats as they require no plumbing and can be emptied easily in a regular shore side toilet. Second is a Jabsco manual flush toilet. Requires: raw water intake and through hull valve, holding tank, and either a manual or electric pump out to the ocean with a valve when operating beyond 3nm of land. you dont need the manual pump out as long as you have a deck connection to suck the tank out at marinas but they are nice to have.

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Find the head you want in BoatsUS catalog and then go to Amazon Prime and check their price.I got an electric head that lists for $500 at BoatUS for $180.......

Reactions: polfishski

polfishski

Oct 5, 2008
Descanso
Name
Tom
Boat
20 SkipJack (Tail Chaser)
Thanks for all replies. Had the porta potty west marine brand and the big plastic nut between the tanks cracked. They want 35 for the repair kit to remedy the problem but not address the design flaw. Ive got plenty of buckets to have a multiple head boat however the boat is plumbed with through hulls for waist pickup and pump out so I would like to put a nice one in that a wife and a guest may feel a bit more comfy with. Many selections on line as well as west marine.

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
That's what I meant West Marine.....find the head you want then ask your wife for her Amazon Prime account number!....lol....good luck...

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
That's what I meant West Marine.....find the head you want then ask your wife for her Amazon Prime account number!....lol....good luck...

Dude, I thought you died................

Can you sill walk?

jigstrike

SCUBA Spearing Daddy
Feb 28, 2004
Sabre Springs
Name
Tom McKinney
Boat
Pacific Option, a 2006 Tiara 3000 Open
They clog so easily and you have to keep paper out that it becomes uncomfortable for non boaters IMHO. I would try a bucket with a seat and waste bags from the camping store or a diy composter. Cover the waste with shavings. But make sure your buckwt is held securely.

willyok

Apr 10, 2012
San diego, CA
Name
Will
Boat
Aloha Lady 33' K&C.
Ive never had a jabsco manual flush clog. I did have an electric one clog due to a bad install with a kinked hose.

row

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 5, 2006
Los Angeles
Name
Chris Rowey
Boat
28 Tolly Craft, Open Water
Top of the line is a vacuflush system, but not sure if that works for a 20 foot boat. That said a jabsco system, either manual pump or 12v/macerator set up works fine. A bucket and sawdust? Are you kidding me. Need to make sure you have enough room for decent size holding tank.

willyok

Apr 10, 2012
San diego, CA
Name
Will
Boat
Aloha Lady 33' K&C.
Vacuflush is nice, and they make a pretty small system you could probably fit on that boat. But they are not cheap and doing maintenance on them is pretty rough.

Will

oceanjake

May 10, 2005
Long Beach
Name
Jake
Boat
60' hatteras enclosed bridge
I don't think you'll get a vacuflush on there and it's overkill. My 20' skippy had a thru hull for a head but it did not meet current regulations. I'm pretty sure you need to install some holding tank and y-valve to be legal. You can buy a small holding tank direct from raritan for pretty cheap. They have MANY prefab sizes you can choose from. The standard west marine electric flush head will serve your purposes nicely I think. All said and done I think you'll be looking at about $650 in parts. It would be a nice addition though and make your wife and guests much more comfortable. Good luck.